Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cleaning Products?

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Looney

Cleaning Products?

Post by Looney » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi All,

ive been buying the High End cleaning products for the Zed and its costing me a fortune, any brands that sell in bulk as this is like £10 a wash all in snow foam, wax, bug remover, meguires wash and wax etc. Its mad.

Tom
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Anmarube

Cleaning Products?

Post by Anmarube » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Looney wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 pm Hi All,

ive been buying the High End cleaning products for the Zed and its costing me a fortune, any brands that sell in bulk as this is like £10 a wash all in snow foam, wax, bug remover, meguires wash and wax etc. Its mad.

Tom
Bet it looks lovely though. :thumbsup:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Cleaning Products?

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:06 pm

I know many guys spend a small fortune on detailing products but ive always strived to find the best products at reasonable price .
Autobrite stuff takes some beating for me , 1litre snowfoam £14 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autobrite-Di ... RYSvSPlast me ages & their glaze - polish -protect https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autobrite-Ch ... QlXfjWvall in one is magic stuff ( similar to Autosmart Topaz ) both products cover a lot of bases very well .
Then add a 500ml of Carpro Perl for the rubbers & vinyls ( £14 but last ages as you dilute ) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carpro-PERL- ... Sw58Vampq4
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Cleaning Products?

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Anmarube wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:02 pm
Looney wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 pm Hi All,

Tom
Bet it looks lovely though. :thumbsup:
:D :P
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

scooobydont

Cleaning Products?

Post by scooobydont » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Bilt Hamber products are very good IMHO, no nonsense, pretty cheap in comparison to some other offerings from other companies:

https://www.bilthamber.com/

Stand out products for me are their double speed wax, korrosol, autofoam (£16.95 for 5ltrs!) and also their clay bar.

Looney

Cleaning Products?

Post by Looney » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:34 pm

I understand i need :

- Pre Wash / Bug Remover / Tar
- Alloy Cleaner
- Snow Foam
- Hand Wash (Wash And Wax Shampoo?)
- Quick Detailer When Drying

I want to get some sort of product bulk order to do my maintenance washes.

Which should i use for what?

Mr Wilks all in one polish is a polish or a shampoo too? Its confusing AF
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Looney

Cleaning Products?

Post by Looney » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 pm

scooobydont wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 pm Bilt Hamber products are very good IMHO, no nonsense, pretty cheap in comparison to some other offerings from other companies:

Stand out products for me are their double speed wax, korrosol, autofoam (£16.95 for 5ltrs!) and also their clay bar.
What product do you use after snow foam (2 bucket)?
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Anmarube

Cleaning Products?

Post by Anmarube » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:08 pm

Looney wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 pm
scooobydont wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 pm Bilt Hamber products are very good IMHO, no nonsense, pretty cheap in comparison to some other offerings from other companies:

What product do you use after snow foam (2 bucket)?
Their Clay Bar is magnificent.

Why not have a look at Autosmart products. I don't use them but a few car dealers I know I have pointed them in this direction and they are very pleased.

BeeEmm

Cleaning Products?

Post by BeeEmm » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 am

Another one for Bilt Hamber products. Their Auto wash (shampoo) is mild but very effective. You only need a very small amount and it lasts a long time. I have been carefully detailing my cars for years and I do use very high end products, but I am yet to be convinced that 'Snow Foam' makes any significant difference and really needs to be blasted out of every crevice. You may want to use an alternative, like Valet -Pro Citrus pre-wash. At under £18 for 5 litres it is very good value. You only need it on the lower half of the car.
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

Angelus666

Cleaning Products?

Post by Angelus666 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:46 pm

The Bilt Hamber range is excellent all round. It totally comes down to what level you're happy with. IMO it's a little bit pointless spending £1000's on all the gear with just a cheap car like a Z4 (which I bet I've done if all added up)....but each to their own.

A decent pressure washer, 3 buckets, grit guards, EZ brushes, lambswool mitt, decent shampoo, drying towels, 20 x microfibre towels, sealant, wax, window cleaner, trim restorer, tyre gel, applicators.....and that's about all you need. It's probably £500 all in when all said and done.

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Cleaning Products?

Post by ph001 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:53 pm

You can also seal the alloys and then you don't need to bother with a separate wheel cleaner, just use the same shampoo as you use on the body.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

adam04

Cleaning Products?

Post by adam04 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:00 pm

Not sure how you are using the car or how often you wash but not sure if you need to use all of that everytime.

I wash the motor once a week or so and do about 200 miles on average per week, generally a lot of the dirt is just dust and pollen settling on the car. In which case i just give it a rinse and then use car shampoo (Maguires but it lasts for ages for £17 a bottle), I use snow foam every few weeks when it has a bit of a heavy soiling to help lift the dirt. I rarely need or use bug/tar remover, a decent coat of wax every couple of months and keeping it washed often seems to stop these from sticking to the paintwork and means they come off with just the car shampoo.

Edit: as above, i'd also agree with getting some alloy wheel seal, stops the dirt getting into them as badly and means the dirt comes off pretty easily with the car shampoo.
2003 E85 3.0i Auto Titanium Silver / Aerobody Kit / Cruise / Xenons / Cupholders....

warmasice

Cleaning Products?

Post by warmasice » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:23 pm

+1

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Cleaning Products?

Post by GAZA62 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:55 pm

As above you do not need to do all this every wash no need for alloy wheel cleaner as said just normal shampoo cannot comment on pre washes or snow foam have never used them Tar remover I have used many years ago I used AG Tar remover and it tells on the label that will strip of waxes so not something you would use every wash have never needed it on the Z.

Here is a detail I did a few years back and all cleaning and finishing products used can be bought at todays prices for around £250 then its just topping up on products when needed.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12175&p=184641&hil ... il#p184540
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

Angelus666

Cleaning Products?

Post by Angelus666 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:08 pm

If the UK, if you use your car daily then IMO you need a decent pressure washer. Sometimes the car can be caked in dirt and you'll just inflict so many swirls* when trying to do it just with soap and wash mitt.

*TBF with a silver car you wouldn't notice these anyway.