Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Clay

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Anmarube

Clay

Post by Anmarube » Wed May 16, 2018 9:07 pm

mr wilks wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 pm
Anmarube wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:51 pm Clay all the way for me. Different grades for different circumstances but clay.
I feel a mitt can get dirt trapped and scratch the paint whereas clay won't
Never damaged a car with clay as yet.

Just my opinion though.
Might sound sad but I like the fingertips on paint connection too :oops:
Absolutely. That's how I lay the Swissvax Chrystal Rock...bloody lovely.

scooobydont

Clay

Post by scooobydont » Mon May 21, 2018 8:33 am

I used to use clay then tried a mitt. The mitt was quicker but you cannot tell how much contamination you are lifting (mitt had a grey clay on it) and if you have something stuck in it scratching the car. I have gone back to clay. It doesn't take too much longer, I quite enjoy the process and you have a lot more control as to what is going on.

Anmarube

Clay

Post by Anmarube » Mon May 21, 2018 5:44 pm

scooobydont wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:33 am I used to use clay then tried a mitt. The mitt was quicker but you cannot tell how much contamination you are lifting (mitt had a grey clay on it) and if you have something stuck in it scratching the car. I have gone back to clay. It doesn't take too much longer, I quite enjoy the process and you have a lot more control as to what is going on.
Exactly that. I rubbed my fingers over the mitt and felt stuff on it which could scratch the paint. Never scratched paint with a clay bar. Plus like you say it's so satisfying.