Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Diamond Brite on a 03 Z4

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
rwinstanley85

Diamond Brite on a 03 Z4

Post by rwinstanley85 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:45 am

Hello,
Want to get my car sparkling again for summer - condition is excellent currently for age.

I’ve been looking at diamond brite or similar applications - basically I am not into detailing so just
After the best one stop shop that restores the paint and I can just wash once a week as normal.

Any ideas what my best options are ? Would my car benefit from diamond brite given its age ? Or is the there a better alternative like clay bar t cut then something I could apply over the top to protect it ? Don’t mind doing a big job as a one off, just don’t want be detailing every week there after so if there is something you could reccomend please ?

bowler

Diamond Brite on a 03 Z4

Post by bowler » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 am

What colour is your Zed, this can have a bearing on what products.
Many good products available and differing opinions.
Clay Bar a must for me, do twice a year just makes polishing and waxing so much easier as well as a beautiful to the touch finish.
I have used Maguires in the past and find them easy to use. Now i prefer a mix of Poorboys SRT-1 and Auto finesse polish and paint seal. Finish off with Dodo wax paste.

Anmarube

Diamond Brite on a 03 Z4

Post by Anmarube » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:37 pm

Clay bar first and foremost..invest in a DA maybe as a kit with polishes included..Can maybe be purchased second hand. Then a decent sealant after polishing.wipedown with a degreaser first to get rid of the oils in the polish and your good to go..Sealant wise their are loads to choose from,just make sure they do not need ideal conditions to apply....Also some good long lasting waxes available..Swissvax Shield is nice to use ,long lasting and easy to apply..Maybe even get it detailed by a local detailer then all you have to do is wash and keep on top of it...

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Diamond Brite on a 03 Z4

Post by Ewazix » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:11 am

First up I'm not a detailing aficionado. I've got four cars in the household, two were Diamond treated when new and do stay noticeably cleaner and are easier to clean bugs and grime off. One is about six years old now and the effect is starting to fade, the other two years old and is still 100%.

However I've recently started topping off all my cars with Dodo Juice Future Armour and would say the beading and dirt shifting qualities are even better than the dealer applied Diamond Brite system, but obviously needs topping up every few months. At under £10 a a bottle the Dodo juice it's not expensive and is VERY easy to apply (wet or dry). I'm usually suspicious of easy-to-use products with gaudy colours and silly names but this stuff has done well in several tests and I'm a convert as it works. The only negative is that although it shines really well it's not the really deep, wet look you get with some more expensive (hard work) products so probably isn't for experts.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessori ... prays-2018
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost