Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

DA from slims detailing

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Zoomer

DA from slims detailing

Post by Zoomer » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:25 pm

As per title guys, I ve not much knowledge of what to look for etc, but these seem quite good value and was wondering if anyone has used one of these or could tell me what to look for

http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/slims-detailing-dual-action-das-6-machine-polisher-koch-chemie-polish-kit.html

They do other kits as well but for the price it seems quite good.
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

Bluecat

DA from slims detailing

Post by Bluecat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi

I started off with a Challenge da polisher from Argos, under £60, have now moved up to a Rupes Polisher which are a lot more expensive but you get what you pay for. Most of the big detailer supply companies do their own polisher, and there are loads on the market. The more powerful the motor helps in speeding up the process, and it is useful to have a logish lead 3 metres plus if possible. Its worth joining www.detailingworld.co.uk, but be warned you will be spending a forune keeping your zed nice and shiny NB if you join they do a group buy deal on a DAS6 pro machine with £15 off

Good luck

Bruce

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

DA from slims detailing

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:56 pm

The biggest difference, is the size of the "orbit" ie the actual polishing stroke. I bought the Vertool DAS21E as it has the same stroke as the Rupes Bigfoot - 21mm, compared to the 15mm of the Das 6 Pro - Might not sound a big difference, but in percentage it's a 40% bigger stroke, which means it cut more, faster..

Have used mine a lot and love it, always been happy with the results.

Mike

Gaffa22

DA from slims detailing

Post by Gaffa22 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:10 pm

I can vouch for the Das 6 Pro, excellent for the DIY and occasional user.

That's only the start though, you need to allow a few more quid to spend on pads and polish, then practice.

Ideally get a BMW boot lid or bonnet from a scrappy and practice, BMW clear coat is very hard so you will need a good heavy cut compound.
I've recently completed a two stage polish on mine using Meguires 105 & 205 and hexlogic pads.

As bluecat said it's worth joining DW there's loads of really good info on there.
Have a look at Mike Philips videos
2010 E89 35i DCT
2017 Honda CBR1000RR fireblade
2016 Honda VFR1200F