Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Key Scratch Repair on A Black Z4

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:33 pm

That's s**t...horrible to see that type of damage. The one last option you have is to wrap the car, which for the £800 cost would look amazing and quickly cover up the marks. It's not permanent, but it saves you spending a lot of money at this point. It would be something I'd consider.

FD3S

Post by FD3S » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:33 pmThat's s**t...horrible to see that type of damage. The one last option you have is to wrap the car, which for the £800 cost would look amazing and quickly cover up the marks. It's not permanent, but it saves you spending a lot of money at this point. It would be something I'd consider.
Thanks for the advice. I have decided that I will repair partially the damage and will repaint all the car in 2-3 months when I have all the money for that. Unfortunately the BBK has to be postponed...

Anmarube

Post by Anmarube » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:28 pm

It may not be down to the metal, When clear coat is damaged like that it can look to be metal or a white colour, It may be worth a good detailer your way flatting and polishing...(Nothing to lose) or as another thought maybe a wrap..I personally am not a fan of wraps but could be a cheaper solution for you especially if you fancy a colour change.
1st option could be a winner, you never know......Good luck with it whichever way you go....
No need for any person to be so vindictive...

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:10 pm

......... and change your insurance company!

Alternatively ... if it happens again take it out on a public road somewhere and then phone your insurance company! ... :thumbsup:
Dec 2014 ... E89 35is sDrive M DCT ... Red ... :driving: