Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sweethope Lough and Green Rigg Windfarm

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:24 pm

This morning we set off for our favourite breakfast at Hexham and took one of our back lane routes. the weather was great - really still and there weren't too many cyclists so I could use quite a bit of the M's performance. Made for a brilliant run through to the Full English and what Steph says is the best coffee for her - hence we always end up there. :D :thumbsup:

Get a phone call from my youngest son Mike whilst at the cafe. He's heading out to do a bit of photography and wondered what I was up to - guessing of course that Dad would be out in the M. Seems he's heading for Sweethope Lough, not too far away so we quickly make plans to meet him there.

Just off the A68 we find Green Rigg Windfarm on the route. There's the opportunity to get up close to some of these massive turbines and crikey they are huge! It's quite frightening walking up close and un-nerving watching the blades fly round above you. You can see the tips actually oscillate by quite an amount as they describe their arcs and the whoosh as they cut through the air is impressive. It's quite awe inspiring and something I'll remember for a long time. Wow :o

Back to wash and dry the M before putting it under the full cover - we're using large sheets of fleece material across the bonnet and boot now to further protect the paint. Had no bother but want to take precautions in case of higher winds through winter - we shall see.

Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:36 pm

What a great looking ///M. 8) Clearly being properly mollycoddled under that sheet. :thumbsup: Interesting choice of destination. :?

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Grumpyowl » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:37 pm

Great pics Paul, personally I think those wind farms should be kept off shore.
No doubting they're impressive though :thumbsup:

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:53 pm

buzyg wrote:What a great looking ///M. 8) Clearly being properly mollycoddled under that sheet. :thumbsup: Interesting choice of destination. :?
Ha - we'd had our fun before breakfast - the rest was unexpected but as you say 'interesting' :lol:
Grumpyowl wrote:Great pics Paul, personally I think those wind farms should be kept off shore.
No doubting they're impressive though :thumbsup:
Wonder if the wind turbines are even bigger off shore? I don't mind them as I think they look aesthetically pleasing, graceful and purposeful - there are quite a lot around Northumberland. Noisy close up though and a real sense of power when you stand under one and watch those rotors flying round. :o
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:05 pm

Great pics again Paul, with the M' looking good ,yeh makes you realise how big those things are when your up close,
Nice now the roads are getting emptier too.
M

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:40 pm

AlienZed wrote:Great pics again Paul, with the M' looking good ,yeh makes you realise how big those things are when your up close,
M
Hi Moz, yep was fairly quiet today. You getting out in your Zed lately?

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:54 pm

paulgs1000 wrote:
AlienZed wrote:Great pics again Paul, with the M' looking good ,yeh makes you realise how big those things are when your up close,
M
Hi Moz, yep was fairly quiet today. You getting out in your Zed lately?
Tbh, not used it much since our ret from Spain, only done about 150 mls int past 6 weeks ,
IF youre free an fancy a run we could be tempted up there , :driving: tues/ wed ,
M

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:01 pm

Am at Scarborough meeting me Aunty Carol (over from Australia) on Tuesday Moz.

How about next week - any good?

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:20 pm

Txt message sent ,

sammyz

Post by sammyz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Hope you're taking care of that paintwork lol :poke: Looks like a good days driving. Only managed a battery charging run today as: wanted to get out on bike: wanted to clean car: wanted to watch cricket: wanted to watch Everton :D
Yas Marina Blue 35i.

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:12 pm

sammyz wrote:Hope you're taking care of that paintwork lol :poke: Looks like a good days driving. Only managed a battery charging run today as: wanted to get out on bike: wanted to clean car: wanted to watch cricket: wanted to watch Everton :D
Doing my best John - the full cover is working well and making me wash the M after every run. Using a mixture of No Rinse Wash and Shine and AutoGlym Bodywork Conditioning Shampoo. Extra NRWAS for it's polymers to take away the grit and dust, two clean microfiber cloths, one to wash and one rinsed through to dry seems to be doing the trick. As mentioned I'm using a soft fleece material across the bonnet and boot now under the cover. Sounds a bit of a faff but I've got used to it and it means the M is ready for the next run out. :thumbsup:

stevo///m3

Post by stevo///m3 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:47 pm

Taking good care of John's former baby, Paul :thumbsup:
Remind me your 'zorst pls? And how far it goes back/forwards.
Do you think you might do castles and coast again next year? :driving:
Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:13 am

stevo///m3 wrote:Taking good care of John's former baby, Paul :thumbsup:
Remind me your 'zorst pls? And how far it goes back/forwards.
Do you think you might do castles and coast again next year? :driving:
Stevo
Not sure what you mean re 'zorst pls' - confused :?

Re Catles and Coast - We're doing recces on a run of a similar type but on a 'Roman and Rivers' theme. We hope to be able to get back to putting on a few runs next season - we shall see. :thumbsup:

stevo///m3

Post by stevo///m3 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Zorst pls means what is your exhaust and do you have any deets? (That means details :wink: )
Romans eh? Sounds interesting :thumbsup:
Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:53 pm

stevo///m3 wrote:Zorst pls means what is your exhaust and do you have any deets? (That means details :wink: )
Romans eh? Sounds interesting :thumbsup:
Stevo
John had it done - I'll look in the service book and details I have and let you know :thumbsup: