Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Meeting cerbera's group at Hartside today . . .

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:28 pm

PortheZ4 gave me a ring after seeing my post about meeting cerbera's group up at Hartside. Cherrym was heading up as well. We decided to meet up at the usual layby on the A68 and Dave brought his mate Brian and Jean with their beautiful Porsche.

Having delivered my 3.0si to mr wilks the day before I felt a surprising amount of relief in having made the decision to keep the M and great anticipation in getting the M on the road. Leading off the M felt wonderful and I was a lot more relaxed and deliberate once we got to the twisties - really enjoying myself. Amazing what a difference selling the Zed had made :o .Needed petrol at Alston (no the M's not that bad :lol: I'd just not topped up before heading out) and Dave pointed out we were going to be very early so he suggested a short run to use up the time. No argument from me and Dave and Brian set out ahead. Even though it was a busy Sunday we had an enjoyable run up and then over Hartside when we saw there was no room in the carpark :( Great to see so many bikes and cars on the road - a real sense of occasion).

Our fun was somewhat held up by a coach but he did a great job on the descent (though Dave said he nearly choked on the brake fumes :lol: )

Time to enjoy the views and chill

Made sense to have our coffee at Melmerby and it was enjoyable sitting in the garden watching and hearing the bikes and cars passing. . . no Zeds yet though.

We'd seen another Forum member (Gareth in his orange E89) enjoying a clear road coming up from Melmerby and whilst we were drinking our coffee he gave me a ring. Quick arrangements made to head back up to Hartside Café where we'd wait for cerbera and his group. Cherrym was up there as well when we arrived.

A face appeared in the door at the café and Gareth recognised cerbera from another meet. Time for a bit of a natter and briefly to meet the other members of the group and then our lot had to set out for Middleton in Teesdale. (We had hoped to join cerbera's group on this part of the route but they'd already come from that direction and were heading towards Carlisle :(

Had time to look at the rather tasty Zeds that had come along with cerbera - beautiful carbon interiors, impressive wheels and brilliant condition. Nice stuff lads :thumbsup:

cerebra's E89 with CSLs; never seen that before and they looked great :thumbsup:

Beautiful condition of this pre facelift E85 very impressive (as was the carbon interior in the Zed parked next to Gareth's E89 in the photo above).

You never know what you'll see at Hartside and there were 3 tasty Cobras parked up - only got a shot of two of them.

This one blew the dust up each side of it as it left the carpark - very dramatic and got everyone's attention!

It was a brief meeting in the end as many of us were time limited. We had a pleasurable run back via Middleton in Teasdale, leading off Gareth, Dave and Brian before waving Gareth to take the lead half way there. It's a lovely road and traffic conditions were fairly good.

Great to get the M out and always a pleasure meeting other forum members. Nice one cerbera organising the run and giving us all an excuse to get out and enjoy the wonderful weather.

Cheers Dave for the call and see you all again soon :thumbsup:

Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

cerbera

Post by cerbera » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Great pics and write up.
Good to put a few more faces to the names and cars from the forum.

Until next time... 8)

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Great to see the day went well :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Porthoz4

Post by Porthoz4 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:03 pm

Yet another great run out,the weather gods were relatively kind . Nice to meet up with some fellow forumites. Never seen so many people and motorbikes at Hartside.
Paul, really happy you've accepted the M it's an amazing car,love the sound and the colour and here's hoping to many more days out with the gang+ ?.
Drive safe
Previously Davegolfr.
Now E85, 3l si 2007 titanium silver ,brilliant car.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Lovely photos as ever Paul 8)

I do sometimes really wish I lived oop norf, you're very lucky with how many driving options you have :driving:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:25 pm

Bing wrote:Lovely photos as ever Paul 8)

I do sometimes really wish I lived oop norf, you're very lucky with how many driving options you have :driving:
Absolument (As they say in France :D )
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:31 pm

Great write-up and photos PaulGS1000 :D Thanks for your nice comments and compliments about everyones Zeds. I agree, they ALL looked superb ! Nice to meet you all and hopefully it won't be as brief next time. :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 am

Great commentary as always Paul. I've been reading with interest your dilemmas regarding the 2 cars. To me it highlighted what a great all-rounder the Si is, but I'm happy that you have embraced the ///M. As you mentioned, now you've made that clean break its all good :driving:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:53 pm

As ever great pics and write up Paul.glad your enjoying the M experience now.
Keep burning the rubber bud.
M