Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Nurburgring accommodation

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Paulwirral

Post by Paulwirral » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:23 pm

I've just booked mine for August , usual place I've used for the last 12 years , but I couldn't help noticing quite a few places are already booked up , if anyone's thinking of going it may be an idea to book sooner rather than later .
Mid weeks ok but weekends are busy already .

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Nurburgring accommodation

Post by mmm-five » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:37 pm

How close are you staying to the track?

I guess August is busy due to the popular Oldtimer & VLN events.

We started off at Altes Forsthaus just up the road from the entrance, but we were paying about £20/pppn for a room with 6 small single beds and one bathroom.

The place we stayed at for year's went downhill when one of the brother's passed away. He seemed to be the motorsport fan and loved to see all the cars in the car park.

The remaining brother & his wife don't seem to care, and will close the restaurant if they don't feel up to cooking that day.

Since found a cheaper & better place, with another motorsport fan, who'll just locks up and leaves us with the keys to the door/garage and bar/kitchen (for drinks/snacks, rather than meals).

We now pay about £40/pppn but we all have our own en-suite twins/doubles with wi-fi and cable TV.

Contact Jens at Hotel Gran Tourismo in Kaltenborn if anyone's interested.

We're planning on the 4 day early May sessions (full days Thur-Sun), and will probably come down the weekend before, do a bit of touring to Frankfurt/Munich/etc. before heading to the 'Ring for the Wed evening. Then head home the following Tuesday.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

85genius

Post by 85genius » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:03 pm

I found a really nice guesthouse with a large campsite a few miles from the ring, can't remember the bloody name though
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:11 pm

Have booked for a weekend in May, staying in a guesthouse in Adenau. Been staying there for about 10 years now, clean, comfy, great breakfast and very helpful and welcoming owners. Also very convenient being in the middle of the town.

Paulwirral

Post by Paulwirral » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:22 pm

mmm-five wrote:How close are you staying to the track?

I guess August is busy due to the popular Oldtimer & VLN events.

We started off at Altes Forsthaus just up the road from the entrance, but we were paying about £20/pppn for a room with 6 small single beds and one bathroom.

The place we stayed at for year's went downhill when one of the brother's passed away. He seemed to be the motorsport fan and loved to see all the cars in the car park.

The remaining brother & his wife don't seem to care, and will close the restaurant if they don't feel up to cooking that day.
Since found a cheaper & better place, with another motorsport fan, who'll just locks up and leaves us with the keys to the door/garage and bar/kitchen (for drinks/snacks, rather than meals).

We now pay about £40/pppn but we all have our own en-suite twins/doubles with wi-fi and cable TV.

Contact Jens at Hotel Gran Tourismo in Kaltenborn if anyone's interested.

We're planning on the 4 day early May sessions (full days Thur-Sun), and will probably come down the weekend before, do a bit of touring to Frankfurt/Munich/etc. before heading to the 'Ring for the Wed evening. Then head home the following Tuesday.
We are 5 mins from the track at oberbaar , on the road to Mayen . We found it by accident years ago and hit it off with the owner , actually considered him a friend before our hotel owner , sadly he lost his battle with cancer last year but his wife has decided to keep the place open .
Bizarrely I've just booked old timer weekend , but when I was checking other weekends a lot of places in adenau are booked , Blau eke and the like are popular .
We are there Saturday , Sunday and Monday evening , I'm gambling on watching Saturday and waiting for the crowds to disappear later Sunday to get a few laps in then Monday should be quiet .
Then I'm driving down to the dordogne , onwards to Biarritz then to San Sebastián and back to dordogne , I'm away for just short of 6 weeks , I do like a road trip :D

TR4man

Post by TR4man » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Paulwirral wrote: We are there Saturday , Sunday and Monday evening , I'm gambling on watching Saturday and waiting for the crowds to disappear later Sunday to get a few laps in then Monday should be quiet .
Then I'm driving down to the dordogne , onwards to Biarritz then to San Sebastián and back to dordogne , I'm away for just short of 6 weeks , I do like a road trip :D
Oh, that sounds wonderful - very jealous!

Please take lots of photos to post on here.
2006 E86 Si Sport as a daily driver.

Paulwirral

Post by Paulwirral » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:23 pm

TR4man wrote:
Paulwirral wrote: We are there Saturday , Sunday and Monday evening , I'm gambling on watching Saturday and waiting for the crowds to disappear later Sunday to get a few laps in then Monday should be quiet .
Oh, that sounds wonderful - very jealous!

Please take lots of photos to post on here.
Ha , 2 points to take into consideration here , the I phone my wife bought me to drag me into the modern world got put back in the box after a week and the SIM card went back into the £8 samsung that doesn't even have a camera function , and even if it did I wouldn't know how to post pics :rofl:
Not computer friendly :thumbsup:

1000rr

Post by 1000rr » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:55 am

We’ve stayed here a few times...in Adenau... 5 mins from the Ring. It’s a house and €40 a night each.

http://www.booking.com/Share-obuSud

7F1E5A79-DDDA-43FE-9EE5-AF1EF7F1195C.jpeg
7F1E5A79-DDDA-43FE-9EE5-AF1EF7F1195C.jpeg (512.99 KiB) Viewed 934 times
6DAEE880-99EC-41CD-BF82-29D447FBE2E5.jpeg
6DAEE880-99EC-41CD-BF82-29D447FBE2E5.jpeg (453.23 KiB) Viewed 934 times
The ring is at the back of those trees in the background... really close. :thumbsup:
Last edited by 1000rr on Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sterling 3.0, Bentley burgundy leather, Aeros..
Ducati Supersport S

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:26 am

Surprised that you can find places for such reasonable prices at Nurburgring these days. It's been a while since I was last there. About 15 years in fact. Enjoy. :driving:

1000rr

Post by 1000rr » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:58 pm

And if you like top food in Adenau, visit Pinocchios.... the biggest portions you’ll ever see, great staff and they also do rooms....

https://pizzeria-adenau.de

https://www.bedandbreakfast.eu/bed-and- ... o/1999812/
2A7C32A8-069C-4D12-B3DD-8B97D9509DB7.png
2A7C32A8-069C-4D12-B3DD-8B97D9509DB7.png (2.16 MiB) Viewed 903 times
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sterling 3.0, Bentley burgundy leather, Aeros..
Ducati Supersport S