Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMWCCGB Zedfest, 20 – 22 July 2012, Silverstone Circuit

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Eurohooner

Re: BMWCCGB Zedfest, 20 – 22 July 2012, Silverstone Circuit

Post by Eurohooner » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:22 pm

Guiseley wrote:Righto - two more Z4's for your list - just booked Saturday tickets for a Blue Coupe and a Red Coupe for me and jaRED (and the sprogs). See you there - and hopefully on a run somewhere beforehand :driving:

Thinking we'll camp somewhere nearby off-site.
Just booked for me and my eldest on the Saturday and will be heading down from near you so looking for some fellow cars from this area.
Z4MC. Interlagos blue. Black nappa. ITG filter. Eibach springs. 19's M3 alloys.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:20 pm

myredzed, got 2 questions... I want to bring my son, who will be 12, so if I buy the discounted Saturday tickets I get 2 adult early bird entries including the vpass for £50, bargain as Wee Bing can use an adult ticket I assume. However if I buy the normal single adult ticket plus a child ticket it's £45. So -

- do I need the vpass to get infield, and so won't be part of the 500 if I don't have one ?
- is there a car club deal for 1 adult and 1 child, or am I stuffed with the full-price discounted ticket ?

Sorry if I sound like a tight git, but it's more on principle than anything else - I just dislike the niggling feeling that I am paying for something, but getting less benefit out of the transaction than the seller. Of course, if I have no choice then c'est la vie, but there's no harm in asking :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Andrew*Debbie

Post by Andrew*Debbie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:36 am

We are planning to go. Add us to the list.

We should have a number plate for our Z just in time to buy a pair of tickets and a vpass.

Z4 sDrive20i

Andrew and Debbie
Last edited by Andrew*Debbie on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The models, equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Subject to change. YMMV.

Eurohooner

Post by Eurohooner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:40 am

Bing wrote:myredzed, got 2 questions... I want to bring my son, who will be 12, so if I buy the discounted Saturday tickets I get 2 adult early bird entries including the vpass for £50, bargain as Wee Bing can use an adult ticket I assume. However if I buy the normal single adult ticket plus a child ticket it's £45. So -

- do I need the vpass to get infield, and so won't be part of the 500 if I don't have one ?
- is there a car club deal for 1 adult and 1 child, or am I stuffed with the full-price discounted ticket ?

Sorry if I sound like a tight git, but it's more on principle than anything else - I just dislike the niggling feeling that I am paying for something, but getting less benefit out of the transaction than the seller. Of course, if I have no choice then c'est la vie, but there's no harm in asking :thumbsup:
I pondered the same thing but then went for the ticket to be sure of being part of the whole event. My 13 year old is coming and have just gone with the early bird plus V pass.
Z4MC. Interlagos blue. Black nappa. ITG filter. Eibach springs. 19's M3 alloys.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:54 am

Eurohooner wrote:
Bing wrote:myredzed, got 2 questions... I want to bring my son, who will be 12, so if I buy the discounted Saturday tickets I get 2 adult early bird entries including the vpass for £50, bargain as Wee Bing can use an adult ticket I assume. However if I buy the normal single adult ticket plus a child ticket it's £45. So -

I pondered the same thing but then went for the ticket to be sure of being part of the whole event. My 13 year old is coming and have just gone with the early bird plus V pass.
May just do this - have to say that it's really pleasing so many people (well, 4 or 5 :D ) are bringing their kids :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Guiseley

Post by Guiseley » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:53 pm

Bing wrote:
May just do this - have to say that it's really pleasing so many people (well, 4 or 5 :D ) are bringing their kids :thumbsup:
Mine are vetrans of a few forum meets, so they know what they're in for, and thay've been made very welcome by all the forumites we've come across. Otherwise 2 * 15 year old girls tagging along could have been tricky :ilz4f: Everyone's welcomed at our meets :thumbsup:
Blue Z4C now long gone, as is it's replacement, and the Red Zed's gone too.. now piloting a rather tasty Carmine flat6

Ian_C

Post by Ian_C » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Just to confirm what others have indicated, you'll need to get the deal with a vpass (i.e. with the adult tickets) to get into the BMWCCGB infield display area and to be part of the parade lap.

Thanks for everyone's support on this, should be a great event :thumbsup:
2021 g21 330e
2013 e89 1.8 sdrive
1998 e36/7 ///M coupe

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:02 pm

myredzed wrote:

Just to confirm what others have indicated, you'll need to get the deal with a vpass (i.e. with the adult tickets) to get into the BMWCCGB infield display area and to be part of the parade lap.

Thanks for everyone's support on this, should be a great event :thumbsup:
Are you able to provide an updated list of who's attending & where they're travelling from the forum?

Cheerz

J
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Ian_C

Post by Ian_C » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Jembo wrote: Are you able to provide an updated list of who's attending & where they're travelling from the forum?
I've been keeping the first post of this thread updated with who is attending from z4-forum (there are also links to other z related forums so you can see participation from those too). I haven't put where people are travelling from however if you fancy meeting up and arriving in a group then perhaps you could start a separate thread that's convenient for where you are departing from. One example of this sort of thing is here on zroadster.org
2021 g21 330e
2013 e89 1.8 sdrive
1998 e36/7 ///M coupe

Hizza

Post by Hizza » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Count me. I live in Northampton, would be great to meet up with some Z's at M1 and cruise up to Silverstone in convoy... :driving:
Son's:

1st Z4 - 2.5 SE Roadster, Titanium Silver

Mine:

4th Z4 - sDrive 2.0i, Valencia Orange
3rd Z4 - sDrive 3.0i, Space Grey
2nd Z4 - 3.0 Si SE Coupe, Stratus Grey
1st Z4 - 2.2 SE Roadster, Sterling Grey

cjp2k

Post by cjp2k » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Is anyone going down from the north east?
Gone.....Z4 2.3 sDrive, Black, Black Leather, I drive, Sound upgrade and a couple more bits..6 cylinder symphony

Now 520d, Beige Leather, I drive, VDC, BMW Individual Wood trim, Memory Seats, Powered Boot...55mpg!

Redzedfour
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Redzedfour » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:57 am

I'm travelling down from Durham on the Friday :thumbsup:
Previous,Bright Red 2.2 Roadster
Gone 3.0si Sport coupe Auto,Pearl Grey Leather & Piano Black. MODS, Stubby,Aux,Aero Wipers,De-Badged,452's & Led N/P lights

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:43 am

Brands Hatch, Kent
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Jembo wrote:Brands Hatch, Kent
Jembo - you just going for the Saturday ? If so, I'm in Maidstone so we could start a convoy, pick up inkey$ and any others heading round the Essex side of the M25... Not got my tickets yet, end of the month though :thumbsup:

EDIT - just read back up the thread, let's sort something out closer to the time :thumbsup:

Hizza

Post by Hizza » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Just been on the Silverstone Classic web-site. I'm looking at Satruday only for two adults in one Zed - is the discount code price (£54) - per person (so £108) or per car (so £54)...?

Cheers

Hizza :D
Son's:

1st Z4 - 2.5 SE Roadster, Titanium Silver

Mine:

4th Z4 - sDrive 2.0i, Valencia Orange
3rd Z4 - sDrive 3.0i, Space Grey
2nd Z4 - 3.0 Si SE Coupe, Stratus Grey
1st Z4 - 2.2 SE Roadster, Sterling Grey