Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Goodwood festival of speed.

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
TONYMOR

Post by TONYMOR » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:33 pm

Anyone going this year? I’m marshalling on the Thursday.

Jameszy

Post by Jameszy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:07 pm

I’m there on the Sunday. Delighted the government have seen sense and allowed it to go ahead.

Quite sick of the old Coronavirus restrictions, but this isn’t the thread for that.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:18 pm

Jameszy wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:07 pm I’m there on the Sunday. Delighted the government have seen sense and allowed it to go ahead.

Quite sick of the old Coronavirus restrictions, but this isn’t the thread for that.
Beware your wishes for freedom to do as you wish. We had < 25 cases in Cornwall. 2 weeks ago. One half term holiday and one G7 summit later and we have almost 1000 cases and soring upward. Apologise for adding to the thread drift, but I fear FoS could be a massive spreader of this virus. It ain't gone away. :cry:

Beatman

Post by Beatman » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:07 pm

I’m going on the Friday :thumbsup:
My Car- 2004 3.0se sterling grey, mv3s , satnav, heated seats, ZHP.

Jameszy

Post by Jameszy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:37 pm

buzyg wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:18 pm
Jameszy wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:07 pm I’m there on the Sunday. Delighted the government have seen sense and allowed it to go ahead.

Beware your wishes for freedom to do as you wish. We had < 25 cases in Cornwall. 2 weeks ago. One half term holiday and one G7 summit later and we have almost 1000 cases and soring upward. Apologise for adding to the thread drift, but I fear FoS could be a massive spreader of this virus. It ain't gone away. :cry:
How many of those have resulted in a hospitalisation?

I’m not sure Goodwood, a predominantly outdoor event, would be any different from the Euros or anything other event that people are happy to take place.

Anyway I’ll be glad to be there, and hope others are able to make it long should they feel able to. As someone below the age of 30 who will be receiving their second vaccine tomorrow, having the chance to break the monotony between working long hours from home and going to the supermarket will be welcome.

Beatman

Post by Beatman » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:45 pm

Jameszy wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:37 pm
buzyg wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:18 pm

How many of those have resulted in a hospitalisation?

I’m not sure Goodwood, a predominantly outdoor event, would be any different from the Euros or anything other event that people are happy to take place.

Anyway I’ll be glad to be there, and hope others are able to make it long should they feel able to. As someone below the age of 30 who will be receiving their second vaccine tomorrow, having the chance to break the monotony between working long hours from home and going to the supermarket will be welcome.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
My Car- 2004 3.0se sterling grey, mv3s , satnav, heated seats, ZHP.

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:00 pm

see covid requirements to be able to go

Goodwood is pleased to confirm that the Festival of Speed presented by Mastercard will now form part of the Events Research Programme (ERP) as a pilot event. The event will take place as planned from 8 - 11 July.

As a pilot, all people on site will need to agree to the conditions of entry set out by the Events Research Programme in order to enjoy the event safely. This will include either having had both doses of the vaccine at least 14 days before the event, or proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test, which can be taken at home or at a recognised centre free of charge, within 48 hours of the event.

We will announce further details around conditions of entry, consent required from all fans to opt into the Event Research Programme and NHS Test and Trace requirements shortly.

https://www.goodwood.com/coronavirus-faqs/
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

Jameszy

Post by Jameszy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:40 pm

mac27040 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:00 pm see covid requirements to be able to go

Goodwood is pleased to confirm that the Festival of Speed presented by Mastercard will now form part of the Events Research Programme (ERP) as a pilot event. The event will take place as planned from 8 - 11 July.

As a pilot, all people on site will need to agree to the conditions of entry set out by the Events Research Programme in order to enjoy the event safely. This will include either having had both doses of the vaccine at least 14 days before the event, or proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test, which can be taken at home or at a recognised centre free of charge, within 48 hours of the event.

We will announce further details around conditions of entry, consent required from all fans to opt into the Event Research Programme and NHS Test and Trace requirements shortly.

https://www.goodwood.com/coronavirus-faqs/
Seems a pretty sensible approach to me. You either:

1. Have you be fully vaccinated by this Friday; OR
2. Stick a swab down your throat and up your nose to prove you don't have COVID

For the latter, you could do this whilst making your way in/whilst in the queue since it only takes 30 minutes.

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:34 pm

I'll be there on the Thursday (assuming I get a negative COVID test beforehand!).

Won't be going in the Z as we'll be in my mate's Porsche.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Pauljacks

Post by Pauljacks » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:19 am

I'll be there, got Tickets for Friday and Saturday and can't wait :D Wont be taking the car though :( Need ZedFest for that :D :D

Mister T

Post by Mister T » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:07 pm

Mrs T is there for a work jolly on the 8th. I'm not jealous :|

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:46 pm

I will be there on the 8th. Not been before to this one, is parking Porsche safe or do you need to take something less expensive?
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:12 pm

I haven't been for years, but when I did I never heard of any issues with parking safety despite there being plenty of exotica in the car park.

Hope you all have a great time. :thumbsup:

Hopefully it might not be quite as busy this year - it was the crowds that put me off.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

JamieIsf

Post by JamieIsf » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:11 pm

I’m there Saturday in the Merlot!
2005 E85 - Merlot - Appropriately named 'Ron Burgandy'...

Stravick.2019

Post by Stravick.2019 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:57 pm

I’m there in the Zed with my old man for his 60th (a year late) down form the North. Friday and Saturday in the event.

I’m looking forward to it!