Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 3 spaces left..apparently hotels still available!

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Pbondar

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 3 spaces left..apparently hotels still available!

Post by Pbondar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:55 pm

The now classic UK car trip, the iconic NC500. This year we are now doing the trip anti-clockwise, hopefully most Grockles will be coming the other way.

Overall we will be adhering closely to the route. If time allows a few minor diversions to some of the outstanding bays around the North Coast.

Starting and finishing near Inverness, this trip takes place over 3 days.
north-coast-500.jpg
north-coast-500.jpg (45.77 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
Its a fairly hard set of drives with risk of grockles, hooray henries and campervans in abundance, however the days are still long, the midges largely gone and out of most people's season.
20190518_152551.jpg
20190518_152551.jpg (72.84 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
Accommodation is planned for a coupe of hotels en-route, prices of these tend to be expensive relative to the quality / refinement, but that's part of the joy!

Its planned to start about 9:00 am and finish 5:00 pm each day with somewhere around 150-200 miles driving per day.

Its currently planned to be for a maximum of 12 cars based on the then anticipated COVID situation.

It may have to be reduced to 8 cars if Scottish Level 2 is in force or cancelled if Level 3 or higher is in force.

Please do not book accomodation until we suggest you do, and then we suggest you have a COVID related cancellation policy with your bookings.

A WhatsApp group will be set up for each run to allow pre run co-ordination and on the day(s) any short notice issues/emergencies etc, so you will need a smartphone with WhatsApp.

Expressions of interest can be made via this post or via pm to PBondar on this forum or PM via Z4 Owners Scotland FB pages or to [email protected]

For data protection reasons, as this is an open forum and any information can be accessed by anyone, your details wil be stored elsewhere in a secure server.

Information on generalised run etiquette is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/85owxfxv1sdno ... e.pdf?dl=0

You will need to be intending to use a Zed of any era/type to attend.

This run is open to all zed owners, most communications will be via this Forum and then WhatsApp closer to the time. Other content can be found on the Scottish Z4 Owners Facebook pages.
Last edited by Pbondar on Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:56 pm

Re-stated expressions of interest

1 Peter B aka PBondar Yellow E89
2 Mick aka Chippie Silver E89 + Pax
3 Andy M aka Argyll Andy Blue G29 + Pax
4 Chris G aka Owdgit Grey E89 + Pax
5 Vaughan aka Vornwend Red E85

Old expressions of interest

1 Peter B Yellow E89
2 Maurice W Silver E85
3 Andy M Orange E89
4 Dougie
5 Vaughan S Red E85
6 Mike H Grey E89
7 Alan B Grey E85
8 Martin P Silver E85
9 Mike H Silver E89

Please note that due to the passage of time and changing COVID-19 regulations we’ve restarted the listing process. If you are not on the new list and wish to come on the run please ask. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Pbondar on Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 (New and improved version)

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:04 pm

Peter this is a definite yes, with Kat as passenger.

Can I just clarify something? I see you’ve done replacement posts for the removed ones and on some of them I’m already down as an attendee but ones like this I am not.

If they get posted like this with no pre-populated information are you starting with no notes of interest therefore do you want me to respond again expressing my interest?

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Pbondar

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 (New and improved version)

Post by Pbondar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:16 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:04 pm Peter this is a definite yes, with Kat as passenger.

Can I just clarify something? I see you’ve done replacement posts for the removed ones and on some of them I’m already down as an attendee but ones like this I am not.

If they get posted like this with no pre-populated information are you starting with no notes of interest therefore do you want me to respond again expressing my interest?
    Hi there, I'm just re-populating the pages thanks to the ever helpful person we all love so much and the inaction on the matter by the moderators..so all the people I did know who expressed interest should be up there by the end of today.. :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:20 pm

Pbondar wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:16 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:04 pm Peter this is a definite yes, with Kat as passenger.

Hi there, I'm just re-populating the pages thanks to the ever helpful person we all love so much and the inaction on the matter by the moderators..so all the people I did know who expressed interest should be up there by the end of today.. :thumbsup:
    I’ll respond to ones I definitely know I want to do. The others I’ll wait until you’ve done the above.

I honestly can’t remember which ones I said yes too. I know the Aberdeen one is probably a no as it’s too far for the one day, unless it was tied in with something else Kat and I were wanting to do that weekend

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:20 pm

I’ll respond to ones I definitely know I want to do. The others I’ll wait until you’ve done the above.

I honestly can’t remember which ones I said yes too. I know the Aberdeen one is probably a no as it’s too far for the one day, unless it was tied in with something else Kat and I were wanting to do that weekend
      Actually its easier as I had (subject to Data Privacy) stored all your data on an encrypted server! :thumbsup:

martinrpalmer

Post by martinrpalmer » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:26 pm

Peter,

Sorry I've just realised that is the weekend we return from Italy!

Martin Palmer
      Last edited by martinrpalmer on Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:26 pm

Pbondar wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:23 pm
      Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:20 pm

Actually its easier as I had (subject to Data Privacy) stored all your data on an encrypted server! :thumbsup:
      Ok, I’ve just posted on the Mull one but will hold off on any more just now

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:28 pm

martinrpalmer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:26 pm Peter,

I doubt I'll be able to do the whole run but, if it is acceptable might join you for a day around the Ullapool area as I can do that on a day trip from the Isle of Lewis.

Thanks,

Martin Palmer Silver E85 2.5si Sport
        Martin, a run that’s almost classed as local for you :thumbsup:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:30 pm

martinrpalmer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:26 pm Peter,

I doubt I'll be able to do the whole run but, if it is acceptable might join you for a day around the Ullapool area as I can do that on a day trip from the Isle of Lewis.

Thanks,

Martin Palmer Silver E85 2.5si Sport
          Martin, that all makes sense..we can sort out logistics and timings etc closer to the time.. :thumbsup:

Conrod

Post by Conrod » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi Peter.

The link to the run etiquette PDF has somehow got truncated and doesn't work. From looking at one of your other tour posts, it should read:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/85owxfxv1sdno ... e.pdf?dl=0
          Alan

2003 E85 Sterling Grey 3.0i

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:52 pm

Conrod wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:31 pm Hi Peter.

The link to the run etiquette PDF has somehow got truncated and doesn't work. From looking at one of your other tour posts, it should read:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/85owxfxv1sdno ... e.pdf?dl=0
          Obliged Alan, obliged.. a mass set of re-uploading all the info, bound to be a few typos etc.. :thumbsup:

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:52 am

Pbondar
          Hi Peter
          Just watching “Amazing Hotels” on 4OD, it featured The Torridon hotel, which is on the North Coast 500, it looks a beautiful hotel and the scenery is stunning, I don’t suppose it’s on your list of stop overs? :D
          Seriously though do you know when we might be able to book accommodation? Do you have any provisional reservations?
          Cheers Mick
          E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Argyll Andy
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:05 am

Chippie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:52 am Pbondar
          Hi Peter
          Just watching “Amazing Hotels” on 4OD, it featured The Torridon hotel, which is on the North Coast 500, it looks a beautiful hotel and the scenery is stunning, I don’t suppose it’s on your list of stop overs? :D
          Seriously though do you know when we might be able to book accommodation? Do you have any provisional reservations?
          Cheers Mick
          Chippie, I watched that too and I “owe” the OH a nice weekend away for her birthday and valentines, which were both cancelled due to restrictions, so I had a look at this without telling her. £700+ for a basic room for 2 nights then food on top, that’ll be a no from me

So I won’t be telling her :rofl:

I did also look at it for a stopover for either ourselves or as part of this run. Afternoon tea is £60 or £85 with a glass of fizz :o :o

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:32 am

Chippie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:52 am Pbondar
            Hi Peter
            Cheers Mick
            Hi Chippie, now that the Scottish Goverment has published its plans I'm working my way through the meetings and runs..so will have some info shortly :thumbsup:

I did look at The Torridon but it was a bit 'rich' and now its pretty much fully booked ayway! :headbang:

Standby.. :driving: