Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 3 spaces left..apparently hotels still available!

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Ed.Straker

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 Hotels now being booked!

Post by Ed.Straker » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:17 pm

Pbondar, hotels booked just need a car now :thumbsup:
White 35i MSport MHD re-map…still in one piece

Atacama Yellow 20i MSport Auto. Remapped, more to be done…written off

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:00 pm

Ed, thanks added you and Vaughan to the list. :driving:

I ignored your subtle hint ref my car :thumbsdown: :tumbleweed: :rofl:

There's plenty of time left post lockdown..they did say on the BBC that headlight rate of inflation was reducing in part to cheaper second hand cars..not seen it in the E89 community much..

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Sat May 15, 2021 10:26 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:59 pm
Pbondar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 am
Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:52 pm You’ve booked the same hotels as us :thumbsup: We’ve not booked food with them either as was waiting to see what everyone else was doing

There’s a nice Chinese and a nice Steakhouse in Inverness. Both have been good quality and service anytime we’ve used them.
Andy, that sounds great..Premier Inn food gets a bit boring after a while...even after a couple of years by then break. :thumbsup:

Any plans / thoughts on what to do / break the journey at the end?

Mick do you have any thoughts / plans ?
Peter/Mick, I haven’t discussed anything about the end with Kathleen yet it will really depend on what time we’re anticipating finishing and what route you guys are taking home. For me I’ll do Inverness to home in around 3 and a bit hours, traffic allowing but would not be adverse to an additional night. Need to check with the boss :?
Just a quick update.
For convenience I’ve booked the Premier Inn again in Inverness for the Saturday night and will keep looking for somewhere about half way for the return journey home, I was thinking possible Edinburgh for a couple of nights would be nice

Mick
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 15, 2021 10:42 am

Chippie wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:26 am
Pbondar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 am Andy, that sounds great..Premier Inn food gets a bit boring after a while...even after a couple of years by then break. :thumbsup:

Peter/Mick, I haven’t discussed anything about the end with Kathleen yet it will really depend on what time we’re anticipating finishing and what route you guys are taking home. For me I’ll do Inverness to home in around 3 and a bit hours, traffic allowing but would not be adverse to an additional night. Need to check with the boss :?
Just a quick update.
For convenience I’ve booked the Premier Inn again in Inverness for the Saturday night and will keep looking for somewhere about half way for the return journey home, I was thinking possible Edinburgh for a couple of nights would be nice

Mick
Will discuss with the boss later :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat May 15, 2021 12:35 pm

Pbondar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 am Andy, that sounds great..Premier Inn food gets a bit boring after a while...even after a couple of years by then break. :thumbsup:

Just a quick update.

Mick
    :thumbsup:

For us after a day of hooning Edinburgh is a bit far…looking at stopping somewhere so it of Inverness an hour or two out..

Laggan Hotel nr Dalwhinnie looks nice…maybe book there for us ?

http://www.booking.com/Share-bPB2Ux

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sat May 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Pbondar wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:35 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:59 pm Peter/Mick, I haven’t discussed anything about the end with Kathleen yet it will really depend on what time we’re anticipating finishing and what route you guys are taking home. For me I’ll do Inverness to home in around 3 and a bit hours, traffic allowing but would not be adverse to an additional night. Need to check with the boss :?
    Just a quick update.

Mick

For us after a day of hooning Edinburgh is a bit far…looking at stopping somewhere so it of Inverness an hour or two out..

I’m getting confused here Peter, is Mick not saying Inverness after the last day then on down to Edinburgh the following day?

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Sat May 15, 2021 1:47 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:20 pm
      Pbondar wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:35 pm
      Chippie wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:26 am Just a quick update.

Mick

I’m getting confused here Peter, is Mick not saying Inverness after the last day then on down to Edinburgh the following day?
      Yes Premier Inn Inverness for the last night of the drive and then possibly Edinburgh for a couple of days sight seeing/shopping/pampering on the way home.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat May 15, 2021 2:20 pm

Ah yes..dangers of not reading a post properly :headbang:

I’ve booked PI Inverness West on Saturday night too! :driving:

Ed.Straker

Post by Ed.Straker » Sat May 15, 2021 6:32 pm

Peter, as you know I bought an AM and since looked at the Yellow 35i that was advertised but wasn't quick enough.

So I'm afraid it looks like I won't be able to join you..I've cancelled my hotels.

If circumstances change I'll see if I can re-join this and your other trips.

Thought it was best to give you a heads up in plenty of time.

Enjoy the trip.
      White 35i MSport MHD re-map…still in one piece

Atacama Yellow 20i MSport Auto. Remapped, more to be done…written off

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:19 am

For the newbies / recent Forum joiners a refresher post on this trip..may be difficult now to get accommodation though :tumbleweed:

Based on recent feedback of others trips around the NC500 roads, it’s probably a good idea to set expectations that this trip will largely adhere to something close to the posted speed limits as there seems to be a very extensive police presence around many areas of the NC500 route, often hunting in pairs and / or unmarked cars and motorbikes :thumbsdown:

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:31 pm

Pbondar wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:19 am For the newbies / recent Forum joiners a refresher post on this trip..may be difficult now to get accommodation though :tumbleweed:

Based on recent feedback of others trips around the NC500 roads, it’s probably a good idea to set expectations that this trip will largely adhere to something close to the posted speed limits as there seems to be a very extensive police presence around many areas of the NC500 route, often hunting in pairs and / or unmarked cars and motorbikes :thumbsdown:
      We will just have to make do with using 1st and 2nd gears up to the speed limit to get our kicks :driving:

MerBrook

Post by MerBrook » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:39 pm

Maybe it’s a short lived crackdown to remind drivers that the roads are policed.
      https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/ne ... -on-nc500/
      Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:50 pm

MerBrook wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:39 pm Maybe it’s a short lived crackdown to remind drivers that the roads are policed.
      I suspect that given the staycation impact that the level of policing will be at a higher level for the rest of the summer period..I guess it was inevitable given the popularity of this area with so many diverse users..hopefully by September things will have calmed down a bit..I think the days of chasing Atillio at some ridiculous speed are temporarily suspended.. :tumbleweed: :driving: :rofl:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:52 pm

Chippie wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:31 pm
      Pbondar wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:19 am For the newbies / recent Forum joiners a refresher post on this trip..may be difficult now to get accommodation though :tumbleweed:

We will just have to make do with using 1st and 2nd gears up to the speed limit to get our kicks :driving:
      I think I’ll take 5 out of your 6 ignition coils out to slow you down a bit so you can savour that dash to 60 :thumbsup: :rofl: :driving:

craig3.2
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:04 pm

MerBrook wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:39 pm Maybe it’s a short lived crackdown to remind drivers that the roads are policed.
      Yeah,Tim,to be expected with the amount of people holidaying at home,or in the UK.
      Hopefully it will settle down by next year,when more foriegn Holliday's will be allowed.

How are you and Yvonne?
      Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
      Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)