Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 3 spaces left..apparently hotels still available!

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Zed Baron

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 (New and improved version)

Post by Zed Baron » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:39 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:05 am
Chippie, I watched that too and I “owe” the OH a nice weekend away for her birthday and valentines, which were both cancelled due to restrictions, so I had a look at this without telling her. £700+ for a basic room for 2 nights then food on top, that’ll be a no from me

So I won’t be telling her :rofl:

I did also look at it for a stopover for either ourselves or as part of this run. Afternoon tea is £60 or £85 with a glass of fizz :o :o
Sensible man Andy, thats £700 you could be spending on the other love of your life! :driving:

idej_z4

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 (New and improved version)

Post by idej_z4 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:39 am
Chippie, I watched that too and I “owe” the OH a nice weekend away for her birthday and valentines, which were both cancelled due to restrictions, so I had a look at this without telling her. £700+ for a basic room for 2 nights then food on top, that’ll be a no from me

I did also look at it for a stopover for either ourselves or as part of this run. Afternoon tea is £60 or £85 with a glass of fizz :o :o
Sensible man Andy, thats £700 you could be spending on the other love of your life! :driving:
We did the afternoon tea on our final day last October. Just be prepared to get out your Sunday best as it is very posh. Its the type of place that people arrive by helicopter as per the image below.

We're planning on doing another NC500 this year (but doing the full route this time) around the same time so might get chance to meet up! Taking the Roadster this time to really take in the breathtaking surroundings...weather permitting!
20201010_133402.jpg
20201010_133402.jpg (192.88 KiB) Viewed 839 times
20201010_134810.jpg
20201010_134810.jpg (198.55 KiB) Viewed 839 times
20201010_142801.jpg
20201010_142801.jpg (174.32 KiB) Viewed 839 times

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:45 pm

idej_z4 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:14 pm Sensible man Andy, thats £700 you could be spending on the other love of your life! :driving:
Now you, don’t be getting me into trouble by saying that ones more important, think it but just don’t be saying it as she occasionally reads the runs threads :rofl:
idej_z4 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:14 pm We did the afternoon tea on our final day last October. Just be prepared to get out your Sunday best as it is very posh. Its the type of place that people arrive by helicopter as per the image below.

We're planning on doing another NC500 this year (but doing the full route this time) around the same time so might get chance to meet up! Taking the Roadster this time to really take in the breathtaking surroundings...weather permitting!
See Dan, I always knew you had more money than............... me :wink:

It does look stunning but I don’t know if my shorts and T-shirt is going to cut it then and I can’t be @rsed packing an extra outfit just for lunch.

More importantly, great to see you’re heading back up as we discussed, even better you’re taking the roadster and even better you might get the chance to catch up with us :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:50 pm

Chippie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:52 am Pbondar
    Hi Peter
    Just watching “Amazing Hotels” on 4OD, it featured The Torridon hotel, which is on the North Coast 500, it looks a beautiful hotel and the scenery is stunning, I don’t suppose it’s on your list of stop overs? :D
    Seriously though do you know when we might be able to book accommodation? Do you have any provisional reservations?
    Cheers Mick

Yes that is expensive
    I’ve got 2 weeks in a 5 star hotel in Greece,couple’s only, all inclusive and virtually guaranteed sun for less, although it won’t have the character and old world charm or the Torridon, or those stunning views
    E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:28 pm

Chippie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:50 pm Yes that is expensive
    I’ve got 2 weeks in a 5 star hotel in Greece,couple’s only, all inclusive and virtually guaranteed sun for less, although it won’t have the character and old world charm or the Torridon, or those stunning views
    Yes it is, when we were up that way recently we got a suite in a castle for £230 for the night. That had plenty of old world charm and as for the views, we’ll still get them when driving past, we’ll even slow down so you get the full benefit :rofl:

Our room in the Tulloch Castle in Dingwall
    Attachments
    297280DD-9B72-4936-96EB-6CDC475A265C.jpeg
    297280DD-9B72-4936-96EB-6CDC475A265C.jpeg (159.09 KiB) Viewed 817 times
    73D648C9-1F2C-40B7-BAF9-DD09E4323929.jpeg
    73D648C9-1F2C-40B7-BAF9-DD09E4323929.jpeg (176.86 KiB) Viewed 817 times
    7FEA323A-CA70-4CE0-8455-A6BB69B7272F.jpeg
    7FEA323A-CA70-4CE0-8455-A6BB69B7272F.jpeg (84.14 KiB) Viewed 817 times

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:07 pm

idej_z4 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:14 pm We did the afternoon tea on our final day last October. Just be prepared to get out your Sunday best as it is very posh. Its the type of place that people arrive by helicopter as per the image below.

It does look stunning but I don’t know if my shorts and T-shirt is going to cut it then and I can’t be @rsed packing an extra outfit just for lunch.

More importantly, great to see you’re heading back up as we discussed, even better you’re taking the roadster and even better you might get the chance to catch up with us :thumbsup:
      [/quote]

We had to ask if we could come in wearing jeans and trainers! :cry:

And I don't have more money, just a very nosy wife who seems to know every penny I spend on the Zed...which always results 'I want to do this and you spent X on your Zed' :headbang:

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:19 pm

idej_z4 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:07 pm

And I don't have more money, just a very nosy wife who seems to know every penny I spend on the Zed...which always results 'I want to do this and you spent X on your Zed' :headbang:
      [/quote]

Did you get in with jeans and trainers or did you have to change?

That’s a wife’s witchy powers and you’ll never defeat them when it comes to spending on your car. That’s where I’m very lucky, my OH encourages me to spend ours and doesn’t keep count :thumbsup:

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:19 pm
        idej_z4 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:07 pm

Did you get in with jeans and trainers or did you have to change?

That’s a wife’s witchy powers and you’ll never defeat them when it comes to spending on your car. That’s where I’m very lucky, my OH encourages me to spend ours and doesn’t keep count :thumbsup:
        [/quote]

They said it was fine. We had smart jumpers on, but did look a bit out of place.

I even bought the Mrs her own Zed for our 10 year anniversary which I thought would stop the problems as she would have her own to focus on - what is has meant is in reality is everytime I do an upgrade / detail / clean her response is 'I want that on mine now' - so I have to do it. :x

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:39 pm

Hello, now booking hotels for this trip.

Wednesday night in Inverness at Premier Inn https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels ... -west.html

Thursday night in Tonque https://tonguehotel.co.uk/

and Friday night in Gairloch https://www.booking.com/searchresults.e ... s=Gairloch&

Accomodation in Gairloch is fairly average IMHO but pricey.

Please book via your preferred booking agent or direct, best to ensure you have a good cancellation policy!

Let me know how you get on!

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:22 pm

I’ve booked the following.
        Premier Inn for Wednesday night
        Tongue Hotel for Thursday night
        Gairloch Hotel for Friday night
        I haven’t booked any evening meals as yet, so if anyone has any recommendations then please let me know.
        Mick

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:52 pm

Chippie wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:22 pm I’ve booked the following.
        I haven’t booked any evening meals as yet, so if anyone has any recommendations then please let me know.
        Mick
        You’ve booked the same hotels as us :thumbsup: We’ve not booked food with them either as was waiting to see what everyone else was doing

There’s a nice Chinese and a nice Steakhouse in Inverness. Both have been good quality and service anytime we’ve used them.

craig3.2
          Lifer
          Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:09 am

Nice to see you have went to alot of effort Peter,researching Hotels etc and working out routes,where to stop etc etc.....

Oh,no you haven't....

You have just went with the same Hotels/stop off points that I thoroughly researched lots of options, and are doing it Clockwise instead of Anti Clockwise.

Given there are literally dozens and dozens of places you could have stopped off at,or stayed in,
          This really does take the biscuit.

Not only are you excluding me from your Runs,but you continue to use all the knowledge and hard work I have put into runs of mine over the years,and use them as your own.
          Like the title itself, insinuating that you have organised this run before...
          "This year we are doing it Clockwise".
          Insinuating you have organised it before.

Others on here may be blind to your bully boy tactics towards myself, pushing me aside,then using info from my meets you have attended over the past 3-4 years,.
          I wouldn't have a problem with anyone doing that,if they hadn't barred me from their runs,and accused me of all sorts of bs!!
          (So as to try and "justify" your actions).

Don't you have an Original idea of your own?!

This really is like a knife to the guts.....
          I've had,and continue to have,a pretty crap few years,with one thing and another,My health,Family and Friends health,and my car being out if action at the minute.....
          Most if which I have mentioned,to you or on here,but this just goes to show what kind of a "Man" you really are...... rubbing salt in the wounds,so to speak,or rather, twisting the knife.

Hope you're proud of yourself.....
          Especially as you yourself said,in "thanking me" for welcoming a newbie a few years ago,and taking you under my wing, proverbially speaking,re doing meets and Runs,plus helping you with your first run,etc.....
          And this is how you continue to treat me.
          Cheers
          Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
          Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:27 am

Mick
          Thanks Mick, just speaking to Mo today to see if she is or isn’t coming then will book today :thumbsup:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:52 pm
          Mick
          You’ve booked the same hotels as us :thumbsup: We’ve not booked food with them either as was waiting to see what everyone else was doing

There’s a nice Chinese and a nice Steakhouse in Inverness. Both have been good quality and service anytime we’ve used them.
          Andy, that sounds great..Premier Inn food gets a bit boring after a while...even after a couple of years by then break. :thumbsup:

Any plans / thoughts on what to do / break the journey at the end?

Mick do you have any thoughts / plans ?

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:59 am

Pbondar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 am
          Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:52 pm
          Mick

Andy, that sounds great..Premier Inn food gets a bit boring after a while...even after a couple of years by then break. :thumbsup:

Any plans / thoughts on what to do / break the journey at the end?

Mick do you have any thoughts / plans ?
          Not booked anything yet but looking at booking somewhere around Inverness for the Saturday night after the last stage and then possibly Dumfries area on the Sunday night to break up the journey home.