Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 3 spaces left..apparently hotels still available!

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Chippie

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 (New and improved version)

Post by Chippie » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:00 am

Pbondar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:27 am
Chippie wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:22 pm I’ve booked the following.
Premier Inn for Wednesday night
Tongue Hotel for Thursday night
Gairloch Hotel for Friday night
I haven’t booked any evening meals as yet, so if anyone has any recommendations then please let me know.
Mick
Thanks Mick, just speaking to Mo today to see if she is or isn’t coming then will book today :thumbsup:
It would be nice to see her again, do your best to talk her into it :D
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Chippie

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 (New and improved version)

Post by Chippie » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:01 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:52 pm
I haven’t booked any evening meals as yet, so if anyone has any recommendations then please let me know.
Mick
You’ve booked the same hotels as us :thumbsup: We’ve not booked food with them either as was waiting to see what everyone else was doing

There’s a nice Chinese and a nice Steakhouse in Inverness. Both have been good quality and service anytime we’ve used them.
That sounds good to me :thumbsup:
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:31 am

Well if you’re not sick n tired of my company by then if you look and maybe we will join you for that location near Inverness?

Last time we headed about 50 miles down the A9 or so in a small town off the A9

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Pbondar wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 am
Mick
You’ve booked the same hotels as us :thumbsup: We’ve not booked food with them either as was waiting to see what everyone else was doing

There’s a nice Chinese and a nice Steakhouse in Inverness. Both have been good quality and service anytime we’ve used them.
Andy, that sounds great..Premier Inn food gets a bit boring after a while...even after a couple of years by then break. :thumbsup:

Any plans / thoughts on what to do / break the journey at the end?

Mick do you have any thoughts / plans ?
Peter/Mick, I haven’t discussed anything about the end with Kathleen yet it will really depend on what time we’re anticipating finishing and what route you guys are taking home. For me I’ll do Inverness to home in around 3 and a bit hours, traffic allowing but would not be adverse to an additional night. Need to check with the boss :?

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Chippie wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:01 am
    Mick

That sounds good to me :thumbsup:
    Hopefully they’ll still be there post Covid. Both in the centre of town below the castle and easily accessible :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:46 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:09 am Image
      Do you need an adult?
      2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

craig3.2
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:05 pm

Do you need an adult?
      [/quote]

No,but if I did,it certainly wouldn't be you,who talks about me behind my back purely because I happened to call you once during Lockdown,as if it was the crime if the century.

Or who takes the huff with me when I did the nc500 meet , because you wanted to "press on" ,as you were getting pissed off waiting about.....
      Even though I insisted on waiting for someone who had got lost/broken down,as we didn't know at that point,yet you wanted to press on regardless,and threw a strop when I refused to leave someone stranded in the middle of nowhere!!

Can you imagine the fuss if I had bowed today your wishes to get going,and just left someone stuck with no mobile phone signal?!
      Not a nice thing to do,but you didn't care about that,did you Willie.

People in glass houses....
      Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
      Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:25 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:05 pm No,but if I did,it certainly wouldn't be you,who talks about me behind my back purely because I happened to call you once during Lockdown,as if it was the crime if the century.

Or who takes the huff with me when I did the nc500 meet , because you wanted to "press on" ,as you were getting pissed off waiting about.....
      Even though I insisted on waiting for someone who had got lost/broken down,as we didn't know at that point,yet you wanted to press on regardless,and threw a strop when I refused to leave someone stranded in the middle of nowhere!!

Can you imagine the fuss if I had bowed today your wishes to get going,and just left someone stuck with no mobile phone signal?!

:rofl:
      Oh my sincerest apologies, I didn't realise I was meant to not tell anyone you called me, stretch to call that talking behind your back though champ :idunno: please rest assured I have absolutely no problem telling you that you are acting like a spoiled child and that I think the way you have conducted yourself has been nothing short of a cringe filled embarrassment and, since we are at it, that my advice would be to walk away from this whole debacle and stop piping up with these little sad diatribes that really do paint you in a very unfavourable light. :thumbsup:

NC500, you had us all scattered about a tiny little car park that we had entirely grid-locked and were preventing other people from leaving, they were quite understandably getting very annoyed and I and others were having to stand there and apologise on the groups behalf while you gormlessly stood at the top of the hill, I had also repeatedly told you that people were trying to leave but were unable to because we were blocking them and that we could not stay here. Just a wee smidge different than you have portrayed here.

Now I will not be commenting further because this is Meet thread and not a my feefees have been hurt and im upset woe is me wankoff :roll:
      2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:52 pm

Meanwhile back on the NC500 :tumbleweed:

I've booked the PI Inverness for Wednesday night, The Tongue Hotel for Thursday night and (drum roll) the "Gairloch Hotel 'A Bespoke Hotel'" with SEASIDE VIEW for Friday night.

Mo says she's not coming cause the 35i guys go slowely she may as well take a campervan :rofl:

So for Sunday night Andy I can buddy up or make my own way back. I'll stop cause I think it will be around 17:00 ish by the time we get back to Inverness.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:55 pm

For those trying to follow the main thread...

On the original plan several people put their names down, however times and events have changed and I've not explicitly heard back from most people. So those orginal people have been left on the 'old list' and when /if they re-commit I'll move them to the 'new list' :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:21 pm

Chippie wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:00 am Mo says she's not coming cause the 35i guys go slowely she may as well take a campervan
      She may be correct, she NOT me, but the 35iS guys won’t have this issue :rofl:

craig3.2
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:43 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:25 pm
        craig3.2 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:05 pm No,but if I did,it certainly wouldn't be you,who talks about me behind my back purely because I happened to call you once during Lockdown,as if it was the crime if the century.

:rofl:
        Oh my sincerest apologies, I didn't realise I was meant to not tell anyone you called me, stretch to call that talking behind your back though champ :idunno: please rest assured I have absolutely no problem telling you that you are acting like a spoiled child and that I think the way you have conducted yourself has been nothing short of a cringe filled embarrassment and, since we are at it, that my advice would be to walk away from this whole debacle and stop piping up with these little sad diatribes that really do paint you in a very unfavourable light. :thumbsup:

NC500, you had us all scattered about a tiny little car park that we had entirely grid-locked and were preventing other people from leaving, they were quite understandably getting very annoyed and I and others were having to stand there and apologise on the groups behalf while you gormlessly stood at the top of the hill, I had also repeatedly told you that people were trying to leave but were unable to because we were blocking them and that we could not stay here. Just a wee smidge different than you have portrayed here.

Now I will not be commenting further because this is Meet thread and not a my feefees have been hurt and im upset woe is me wankoff :roll:
        Two sides to every event....
        You made out that I was being a weirdo or that there was some strange ,alteriar motive for me calling you,and you made out to others at Richie's Stirling based meet last September,that I was acting out of turn , because I had the audacity to phone you.

Re My NC 500, and blocking other cars in,only 1 of those cars were wanting to leave,their were no other car parks around in that area, given our location and the nature if the roads(being a bit narrow), and the planned toilet stop was 20 miles further on.
        Neither me,or others there, wanted to keep going when we hadn't seen Gary's car for several miles at that point,and didn't know if he was okay or not.
        So, being an unplanned stop,it wasn't an ideal location,but it was necessary.
        I didn't stand around gormless,as you say, but,I took the decision to send someone else to go and look for them, backtracking until they found them,or until they got a phone signal.
        We couldn't move on until that person returned with news of what was happening,and when that happened,we all moved on.
        But then,you only ever see things from your side of the fence,and not from anyone elses view point.

I find it Rich that you and others on here slate people constantly for posting anything that disagrees with your tunnel vision outlook on life,and if anyone dares to give an opinion that's different from yours,or theirs,you( and some others), tear them to shreds,and say..."where's the proof", "show me the quote" or, that's just msm lies.

Elvis isn't dead,the Earth is Flat,Trump is great,The SNP are great,Trump hasn't incited riots,black groups cause more trouble than Trump supporters,blah blah blah.

Heaven forbid we don't all agree with your opinions,Wullie. :headbang:

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:55 pm

Bordering on harassment now! Time you gave it up Craig, no one cares!
        Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
        E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

craig3.2
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:59 pm

MefiEcosse wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:55 pm Bordering on harassment now! Time you gave it up Craig, no one cares!
        Nothing different from what Peter did to me when acting like Covid police,and chastising me for continuing to organise meets during the Pandemic.
        Which none of us knew back then how long it would go on for,so planning kept going in hope if an early resolution.

Well seeing you never accused Peters actions back last year as Harassment.

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:05 pm

Yawn! Boring!
        Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
        E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018