Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 3 spaces left..apparently hotels still available!

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Ed.Straker

North Coast 500 Weekend 16th/17th/18th September 2021 3 spaces left..apparently hotels still available!

Post by Ed.Straker » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:03 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:02 am
Ed.Straker wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:48 am Late to the party..finally with my Z4..hope you all have a great time and maybe can join you all on some runs next year!
Hi Ed, I saw you commenting on a post a few days ago and wondered………

Did you get rid of the AM and more to the point did you manage to get a AY one?

Be good if you can make some runs :thumbsup:
Hello Andy, yes an old boy who sadly has at least temporarily had his licence suspended was open to an offer on his low mileage, garaged E89.

Its a 2012 yellow 20i auto with sat nav and I think most extras.

He also has a mint E85 amongst other toys.

The AM went at a very good price to another local here..so I pocketed net about 20,000 to fund my flying hobby.

Looking forward to doing some runs next year. I thought of gate crashing the North Circular event but thought better of it.

I'll do some mods to this car following on other people's steps over the winter. Just clearing all the crap out of the garage so I can do some DIY work on the car on these dark nights.
White 35i MSport MHD re-map…still in one piece

Atacama Yellow 20i MSport Auto. Remapped, more to be done…written off

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Ed.Straker wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:03 pm
Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:02 am
Ed.Straker wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:48 am Late to the party..finally with my Z4..hope you all have a great time and maybe can join you all on some runs next year!
Hi Ed, I saw you commenting on a post a few days ago and wondered………

Did you get rid of the AM and more to the point did you manage to get a AY one?

Be good if you can make some runs :thumbsup:
Hello Andy, yes an old boy who sadly has at least temporarily had his licence suspended was open to an offer on his low mileage, garaged E89.

Its a 2012 yellow 20i auto with sat nav and I think most extras.

He also has a mint E85 amongst other toys.

The AM went at a very good price to another local here..so I pocketed net about 20,000 to fund my flying hobby.

Looking forward to doing some runs next year. I thought of gate crashing the North Circular event but thought better of it.

I'll do some mods to this car following on other people's steps over the winter. Just clearing all the crap out of the garage so I can do some DIY work on the car on these dark nights.
Hi Ed, that’s not so good but provided an opportunity for you.

The AM was only a temporary distraction until a AY became available. Flying is an expensive hobby.

It would’ve been good to see you but the accommodation situation was dire so a good choice. Plenty more next year to join up too.

You’ll have plenty to keep you occupied over the winter then :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:50 pm

Vornwend wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:23 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:40 pm
    Vornwend wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:32 pm A simple thing that I found very helpful was when the car in front was overtaking they would stay out in the overtaking lane with indicator on while the road ahead was clear
    Until it disappears out of sight…………. :oops: :rofl:
    :lol: My only chance to keep up with you Andy was to anticipate what you were going to do about 3 seconds before you did it :o But yeah one second you were there the next you were gone 8)
    That gave you at least 4 seconds :poke: I’ll make up a playlist for the next one :wink: :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Vornwend

Post by Vornwend » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:11 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:50 pm
      Vornwend wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:23 pm
      Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:40 pm

Until it disappears out of sight…………. :oops: :rofl:
      :lol: My only chance to keep up with you Andy was to anticipate what you were going to do about 3 seconds before you did it :o But yeah one second you were there the next you were gone 8)
      That gave you at least 4 seconds :poke: I’ll make up a playlist for the next one :wink: :lol:
      Rub it in why don't you :roll: At least I got to the bar before you every night :poke:
      Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
      Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:50 pm

Vornwend wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:11 pm
      Vornwend wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:23 pm :lol: My only chance to keep up with you Andy was to anticipate what you were going to do about 3 seconds before you did it :o But yeah one second you were there the next you were gone 8)
      Rub it in why don't you :roll: At least I got to the bar before you every night :poke:
      Not rubbing it in at all Vaughan :thumbsup: correct you were, and breakfast, and dinner and meeting points, a big advantage of flying solo but don’t tell Kathleen I’m blaming her :lol:

craig3.2
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:53 pm

Vornwend wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:32 pm
        The.Analyst wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:27 pm Great pictures , looks like a fabulous trip…I’ve added this to my bucket list… :thumbsup:

I heard stories of heavy handed policing…how did you find that aspect?

Vornwend ‘ If, like me, you not used to this type of driving you can rest assured that the more experienced go out of their way to ease you into it and whilst there was plenty of very spirited driving it always felt safe.’

Was amused as to how they ‘eased you in’?

I dare hardly ask? :rofl:
        Haha, perhaps not the best description that :lol: - what I meant was there were clear instructions on convoy driving etiquette and it was emphasised that everyone was free to make there own choice about speed and under no obligation to do otherwise. A simple thing that I found very helpful was when the car in front was overtaking they would stay out in the overtaking lane with indicator on while the road ahead was clear. When you encounter traffic the convoy does inevitably get split from time to time but this minimised it a lot.

We didn't have any issues with policing at all!

Its a fantastic driving experience, enhanced, I'm sure, by having great cars to drive!
        Yes,the staying out thing when overtaking is something we have done in the Forum drives since they began ,many many years ago
        It works well and makes it possible for as many people as possible to get past slower moving traffic safely.

Hopefully see you at some of mine an Nick's runs next year,Vornwend :thumbsup:
        Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
        Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Ed.Straker

Post by Ed.Straker » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:22 pm

[/quote]

Hi Ed, that’s not so good but provided an opportunity for you.

The AM was only a temporary distraction until a AY became available. Flying is an expensive hobby.

It would’ve been good to see you but the accommodation situation was dire so a good choice. Plenty more next year to join up too.

You’ll have plenty to keep you occupied over the winter then :thumbsup:
        [/quote]

The AM was a great car, lovely V8 engine, great for driving around London and posing, but never really felt at home in it. Always wanted one so ticked that box.

The Z4 is a much more modest afair, but dare I say more honest, I'm not having nightmares about parts prices. Certainly very quick off the mark with its re-map.

I've already looked at hotels for the NC500 next year and it looks pretty bad availablity wise, I think I may have to set my ambitions a little lower.

Look forward to what you and others are organising for next year.
        White 35i MSport MHD re-map…still in one piece

Atacama Yellow 20i MSport Auto. Remapped, more to be done…written off

Vornwend

Post by Vornwend » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:59 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:50 pm
        Vornwend wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:11 pm

Not rubbing it in at all Vaughan :thumbsup: correct you were, and breakfast, and dinner and meeting points, a big advantage of flying solo but don’t tell Kathleen I’m blaming her :lol:
        :) I guarantee you that if my misssus had been with me I would have been at least half a day behind you :lol:

Vornwend

Post by Vornwend » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:25 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:53 pm
        Hopefully see you at some of mine an Nick's runs next year,Vornwend :thumbsup:
        I'd definitely like to do more of these runs. Really makes owning these cars much more fun 8)