Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Inner Hebrides / Western Atlantic Coast Weekend August 28th/29th 2021 gate closes this Saturday

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Pbondar

Inner Hebrides / Western Atlantic Coast Weekend August 28th/29th 2021 gate closes this Saturday

Post by Pbondar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:48 pm

You may ask how many times can you visit Scotland in one season? Well here is another slice of fantastic scenery and epic coasts and islands.

Focussed in and around the long coastline and islands of the Western Atlantic coast this starts near Glasgow on the Saturday morning and heads for the Isle of Mull where saturday night's stay is in a Swiss style hotel looking across one of the sounds towards Oban.
inner hebredies.jpg
inner hebredies.jpg (56.48 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
The picturesque town of Tobymory is en-route as well as the roads trying to get through the lochs and mountains and coast that define that area.
tobermory.jpg
tobermory.jpg (120.64 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
ts planned to start about 9:00 am and finish 5:00 pm each day with somewhere around 100-150 miles driving per day.

Its currently planned to be for a maximum of 12 cars based on the then anticipated COVID situation.

It may have to be reduced to 8 cars if Scottish Level 2 is in force or cancelled if Level 3 or higher is in force.

Please do not book accomodation until we suggest you do, and then we suggest you have a COVID related cancellation policy with your bookings.

A WhatsApp group will be set up for each run to allow pre run co-ordination and on the day(s) any short notice issues/emergencies etc, so you will need a smartphone with WhatsApp.

You will need to be intending to use a Zed of any era/type to attend.

This run is open to all zed owners, most communications will be via this Forum and then WhatsApp closer to the time. Other content can be found on the Scottish Z4 Owners Facebook pages
Last edited by Pbondar on Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pbondar

Inner Hebrides / Western Atlantic Coast Weekend August 28th/29th 2021 Hotel bookings opened

Post by Pbondar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:48 pm

1 Peter B aka Pbondar Yellow E89 +Pax
2 Jay D aka Jamesditchy Silver E85 +Pax
3 Nick W aka Cerbera Silver E89 +Pax
4 Andy M aka Argyll Andy Blue G29 +Pax
5 Andy O aka Earthdweller Silver E85 pax?
6 Simon aka Patriot66 Silver E85 + pax
7 Maurice aka AlienZed silver E85 + pax

Old expressions of interest (please re-book if going ahead with all the changes caused by COVID and time)

1 Peter B Yellow E89
2 Maurice W Silver E85
3 Andy O Silver E85
4 Nick W Black E89
5 Simon H Silver E85
6 Jay D Silver E85
7 Martin P Silver E85
8 Andy M Orange E89
Last edited by Pbondar on Fri May 21, 2021 11:06 am, edited 6 times in total.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Inner Hebrides / Western Atlantic Coast Weekend August 28th/29th 2021 (New and improved version)

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Peter, me and Kat for this one. Will probably join the group at Inveraray/Tarbet depending on route taken and peel off at the appropriate location on the way back.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

cerbera

Inner Hebrides / Western Atlantic Coast Weekend August 28th/29th 2021 (New and improved version)

Post by cerbera » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately myself and Alison won't be able to make this run :(

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:11 pm

cerbera wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:00 pm Hi Peter,

Unfortunately myself and Alison won't be able to make this run :(
    I’m gutted, how could you do this to me? :|

I thought you were my friend? :tumbleweed:

:rofl:

Pbondar

Inner Hebrides / Western Atlantic Coast Weekend August 28th/29th 2021 Hotel bookings opened

Post by Pbondar » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:47 pm

Hotels now being booked

Friday night is Premier Inn Braehead, Paisley and Saturday night at the Glenforsa Hotel, Mull

https://www.premierinn.com/.../glasgow/ ... ehead.html

https://www.glenforsa.com/

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:58 am

Hi Peter, hotels all booked as per links :thumbsup:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:32 am

jamesditchy wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:58 am Hi Peter, hotels all booked as per links :thumbsup:
    Jay, splendid, not many options on Mull so first come first served :thumbsup:

patriot66
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi Peter
    Originally wanted to come along on this but unfortunately will now have to give this a miss on this occasion :(
    Fingers crossed for next year :thumbsup:
    Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:33 pm

patriot66 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:31 pm Hi Peter
    Originally wanted to come along on this but unfortunately will now have to give this a miss on this occasion :(
    Fingers crossed for next year :thumbsup:
    Si no worries! :thumbsup:

martinrpalmer

Post by martinrpalmer » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Peter that's Gill and myself booked on Mull at the Glen Forsa as your link.
    I've not booked a Friday night as I don't know what our arrangements will be, bearing in mind that we're heading past Mull to the start.
    Nearer the time when I've looked at the route I'll confirm what we're doing, if that's OK?
    Thanks
    Martin Palmer

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:30 pm

martinrpalmer wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:06 pm Peter that's Gill and myself booked on Mull at the Glen Forsa as your link.
    I've not booked a Friday night as I don't know what our arrangements will be, bearing in mind that we're heading past Mull to the start.
    Nearer the time when I've looked at the route I'll confirm what we're doing, if that's OK?
    Thanks
    Martin Palmer
    Martin all noted thanks, no worries on an interception en-route, I'll send out the suggested routes about 4 weeks before run time, but the areas around Oban, Bridge of Orchy and Glencoe is probably somewhere we will be going through.

I see rooms are running out at Glen Forsa..(as in most of Scotland this summer)

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:42 pm

Peter could you put down Kathleen and I as as possible but may have to change with several children going to university around then. We don’t have confirmation of dates yet

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:52 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:42 pm Peter could you put down Kathleen and I as as possible but may have to change with several children going to university around then. We don’t have confirmation of dates yet
      Sure thing Andy, best to look at your options on Mull though as accomo is going fast :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:58 pm

Pbondar wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:52 pm
      Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:42 pm Peter could you put down Kathleen and I as as possible but may have to change with several children going to university around then. We don’t have confirmation of dates yet
      Sure thing Andy, best to look at your options on Mull though as accomo is going fast :thumbsup:
      Will do :thumbsup: