Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

?? Missing September NC500 run post ??

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:16 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:54 am So according to Peter,
Those attending his runs dislike me,for various reasons,and that I Harrass them,into attending my meets?
So maybe those people can answer this,when have I harrassed Any if them into coming to my runs.....other than pm-ing etc to ask if they are coming, doesn't amount to harrassing!

People such as Yourself,
Andy Oldham, Maurice, Nick,Simon,Stuart/Peebles, plus Stuart Bell,Argyll Andy,John Thompson.....none f whom I have Actually ever met or harrassed to come on my runs.
Craig, I’m going to make a final response directly to you in relation to this so there’s no confusion from any party and make my position clear.

I’ve signed up to the runs that interest me and that I want to do. I have signed up to most of the ones advertised (coincidentally by Peter) but have not signed up to a few because either the area of travel is too awkward from my location, the dates don’t suit or I have no interest in a particular run. There’s a few of Peter’s that start/end on completely the wrong location for me so I have shown no interest in them. There’s also ones like the Kintyre one that I’ve said I’ll attend in some form because it passes through my home location, but I won’t be driving all the way to Glasgow to drive back home partake in the run to drive back to Glasgow then turn round and drive back again.

To be clear the next statement is nothing personal in relation to you but the two you have posted up for next year do not interest me, hence why I haven’t signed up. The Ayrshire one because in a previous life I used to frequent Maybole regularly and the area doesn’t hold particularly pleasant memories for me so I’ve no desire to attend that area and the north of England one doesn’t appeal because of the location being quite a trek to start with before the run starts and the dates not suiting me. Neither of those reasons are anything to do with you and again to be clear NOT because I’ve been turned against you by Peter as you imply in your post.

You may, or may not, recall I responded to you when you commented about me purchasing my new car that I had intended attending your run at that time, as my first one, but because I had arranged to trade my car in with a restriction on mileage so I couldn’t go. But those runs/dates/locations did interest me hence my intention to attend, regardless of organiser.

As my granny used to say, I’m big enough and ugly enough to make up my own mind and that applies to Z4 runs. I will attend any I want to that interest me and are possible regardless of who’s organising, or attending, as I’ve made abundantly clear on here many times I haven’t been on an organised car run ever so am looking forward to them and will continue as above. That may change if I attend and meet people who I think are @rses, or may indeed think I am and I wouldn’t be welcomed back. If that happens I will make decisions at about my attendance at future runs based on that. This will not be decided or dictated by anyone else. I have not met anyone on the forum and have no allegiances to anyone on here. I take people as I find them myself.

What I will not tolerate is being accused of being a member of secret groups or being on a SM platform that I don’t use or access or being guided/instructed by someone else and plotting against someone I don’t even know, yourself, have never met and truth be told only had had a few small general contacts with on an open forum until these direct interactions. :thumbsdown:

Good luck with your runs and if you advertise any in the future that interest me and everything falls in place I would register my interest in attending like I have done with the missing posts, which I do hope reappear, I can attend and are enjoyable

Andy

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

craig3.2
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:19 pm

earthdweller wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:54 am
    Nictrix wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:49 am
    Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:46 am wait I dont get it....
    So there were people going on the run that weren't part of the forum and that was a problem? I cant recall that ever being the case before?
    This seems like a case of "its ma baw and im gone hame" :thumbsdown:
    I'm almost positive I have seen other meets where people attending were not forum members or were members of another forum. The shepshed meet for one.
    I’ve been on a number of Craig’s runs where a number of people have attended and taken part who are not current members of the forum and don’t own Z4’s and they have taken part in the runs in other makes of cars

It really is the pot calling the kettle

:headbang:
    Andy, people who have been on my Runs are still Forum members, just possibly ones that don't post much,but Still members.
    And in many cases, they have been members for years,and owned several different z4s in some cases, before moving onto other cars.
    So that is inaccurate.
    Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
    Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

craig3.2
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:34 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:16 pm
    craig3.2 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:54 am So according to Peter,
    Those attending his runs dislike me,for various reasons,and that I Harrass them,into attending my meets?
    So maybe those people can answer this,when have I harrassed Any if them into coming to my runs.....other than pm-ing etc to ask if they are coming, doesn't amount to harrassing!

People such as Yourself,
    Andy Oldham, Maurice, Nick,Simon,Stuart/Peebles, plus Stuart Bell,Argyll Andy,John Thompson.....none of whom i have Actually ever met or harrassed to come on my runs.
    Craig, I’m going to make a final response directly to you in relation to this so there’s no confusion from any party and make my position clear.

I’ve signed up to the runs that interest me and that I want to do. I have signed up to most of the ones advertised (coincidentally by Peter) but have not signed up to a few because either the area of travel is too awkward from my location, the dates don’t suit or I have no interest in a particular run. There’s a few of Peter’s that start/end on completely the wrong location for me so I have shown no interest in them. There’s also ones like the Kintyre one that I’ve said I’ll attend in some form because it passes through my home location, but I won’t be driving all the way to Glasgow to drive back home partake in the run to drive back to Glasgow then turn round and drive back again.

To be clear the next statement is nothing personal in relation to you but the two you have posted up for next year do not interest me, hence why I haven’t signed up. The Ayrshire one because in a previous life I used to frequent Maybole regularly and the area doesn’t hold particularly pleasant memories for me so I’ve no desire to attend that area and the north of England one doesn’t appeal because of the location being quite a trek to start with before the run starts and the dates not suiting me. Neither of those reasons are anything to do with you and again to be clear NOT because I’ve been turned against you by Peter as you imply in your post.

You may, or may not, recall I responded to you when you commented about me purchasing my new car that I had intended attending your run at that time, as my first one, but because I had arranged to trade my car in with a restriction on mileage so I couldn’t go. But those runs/dates/locations did interest me hence my intention to attend, regardless of organiser.

As my granny used to say, I’m big enough and ugly enough to make up my own mind and that applies to Z4 runs. I will attend any I want to that interest me and are possible regardless of who’s organising, or attending, as I’ve made abundantly clear on here many times I haven’t been on an organised car run ever so am looking forward to them and will continue as above. That may change if I attend and meet people who I think are @rses, or may indeed think I am and I wouldn’t be welcomed back. If that happens I will make decisions at about my attendance at future runs based on that. This will not be decided or dictated by anyone else. I have not met anyone on the forum and have no allegiances to anyone on here. I take people as I find them myself.

What I will not tolerate is being accused of being a member of secret groups or being on a SM platform that I don’t use or access or being guided/instructed by someone else and plotting against someone I don’t even know, yourself, have never met and truth be told only had had a few small general contacts with on an open forum until these direct interactions. :thumbsdown:

Good luck with your runs and if you advertise any in the future that interest me and everything falls in place I would register my interest in attending like I have done with the missing posts, which I do hope reappear, I can attend and are enjoyable

Andy
    Andy,an honest post,
    Other than,having never met you ,as mentioned, I was not obviously targeting yourself personally,just generalising. There are people who I know who have disappointed me in their actions,but also those who are/were unaware that I wouldn't be going to any if Peters meets or why.

Also,in Reference to what you quoted above,
    I was replying to nictrix post.(not yours)

ALSO,I said that Peter had accused me of Harassing people to come to my meets,and included your name above,in relation to that.
    I know for a fact this isn't True.....
    I don't harass people, including yourself,to come to my meets. I simply invite on an Open thread/posts and also in Private messages,to bring things to people's attention,in case they missed it,as things can get mussed on here sometimes.

I certainly don't harass people sending them 100 messages and 50 phone calls,as that is not the case.
    I think you can agree to that,that ,in regards to yourself,I have never harassed you into attending my meets.
    If people want to come,then they will

I am not going to start naming nanes, because I don't feel the need to bring others into this none too pleasant thread at times,who obviously don't want to get embroiled in it.

As you say,some meets suit some people based on Location,etc and not who us organising.
    Also,the first line of that quote....
    A"According to Peter,those attending his runs don't like me or don't want anything to do with runs I am involved in".
    This is something pbondar said to me directly,in texts,And his Reason for excluding myself from his meets......and his Reason for him starting his Private WhatsApp group.
    Again,Peters opinion,which I disagree with,as I explained in my first responses to his accusations.

I also know that things are being said behind my back by certain people,as I have been told as much by others/have proof of same,
    Which is why some people are turning against me,and Some people (not all),even some who haven't even met me,may be put off attending my runs due to what is being said about me in my absence.
    I just think it's a crap thing to do,but it's life,I know that.
    But ,given what Peter accused me of,I felt I had the right to reply,which I did.

Unfortunately,some people want to add fuel.to the fire/stir it more.
    And if everyone else reading this, Actually Reads through it All Properly/fully, including my own Posts,they will see I have made very many Valid points.(and factual).

Your new car does look very nice,as I think I commented on in a thread?
    Hopefully,all going well, get to see it in the flesh,and meet your good self :thumbsup:

All the best, cheers

P.s,I have put a couple more meets/dates/locations out there,in the Scottish meets 2021 thread I originally put out in September.
    Hopefully see you at one of them?
    :driving:

craig3.2
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:01 pm

Nictrix wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:54 pm :headbang: :headbang:
    :headbang: :headbang:
    Exactly!!

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:02 pm

Stop press

Back by popular demand the road trip you've all been asking for, the NC500! :driving:

New and improved.. :tumbleweed:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=126181&p=1796462#p1796462

Feel free to sign up for this and many other runs hosted by Bondar Heavy Industries in collaboration with the Z4 Forum and the Scottish Z4 Owners Facebook events. :rofl:

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:07 pm

Pbondar wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:02 pm Stop press

Back by popular demand the road trip you've all been asking for, the NC500! :driving:

New and improved.. :tumbleweed:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=126181&p=1796462#p1796462

Feel free to sign up for this and many other runs hosted by Bondar Heavy Industries in collaboration with the Z4 Forum and the Scottish Z4 Owners Facebook events. :rofl:
    Step away from the keyboard!

Put down that spurtle! :poke: :roll:
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Nictrix
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:09 pm

Glad it all got worked out. :thumbsup:
    E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

martinrpalmer

Post by martinrpalmer » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:14 pm

Craig,

Can I please correct one of your statements.

You have met me, Martin Palmer on a couple of Forum runs around 4 years ago when I was a passenger with my son Andrew in his E85, one was from Dobbies in Edinburgh and the other was the Paul Gabbitus run in Northumbria.
    Secondly though I am on the Scottish Z4 Facebook group I am also a Forum member as Martinrpalmer since September last year when I got my E85. Indeed in October 2020 I said I was interested in one or both of the runs you had proposed in September 2020, and you acknowledged my response. However the dates and plans for those runs seem to have changed.

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:10 pm

I think its only fair that I get serious for a minute and add a wee bit of confirmed facts to this whole debacle, reading through the posts there are obviously issues flying around and various accusations being made but I can absolutely confirm one thing.
    Argyll Andy is 100% ugly enough to make his own choices

You can all thank me later :P
    2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:30 pm

Pbondar wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:02 pm Argyll Andy is 100% ugly enough to make his own choices
    Not t met him but I’ll take your word for it 😁 :rofl:
    Last edited by Chippie on Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:32 pm

Pbondar wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:02 pm Argyll Andy is 100% ugly enough to make his own choices
    Not met him but I’ll take your word for it 😁 :rofl:

On a more serious note, I don’t know why Craig and Peter have had such a disagreement, I’ve met both and enjoyed their company, but I do feel it’s a little harsh to exclude Craig from any meets organised by Peter, surely both parties can be big enough to tolerate each other, even if not speaking, if a meet is promoted on this forum then it should be open to any forum member to attend. Life is really too short
    E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Chippie wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:32 pm
    Not met him but I’ll take your word for it 😁 :rofl:

On a more serious note, I don’t know why Craig and Peter have had such a disagreement, I’ve met both and enjoyed their company, but I do feel it’s a little harsh to exclude Craig from any meets organised by Peter, surely both parties can be big enough to tolerate each other, even if not speaking, if a meet is promoted on this forum then it should be open to any forum member to attend. Life is really too short
    Jesus dinny do that, next there will be a fight that Peter is me and I am Peter! :fuelfire: :rofl:
    2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

sp3ctre
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:46 pm

I'd like to clear up a few things.

Firstly, there were multiple queries I had relating to why there were just single letters on the meets page, rather than names. I had to agree, this was confusing to me also. It was late at night and I was knackered so pulled the topics for the time being, as there were several and it looked a bit ridiculous. I think however we move forward we need to have clear names on there.

Secondly, I have no issue with secret Facebook/whatsapp/tinder groups... knock yourself out, I really don't care at all. The only stipulation is not to end up with posts like "announcement on the FB group, go and read it".

I must say, this has quite shocked me to say the least... we have been here since 2007 and depite there being the odd disagreement I have never seen this sorf of bickering about organising meets.

I have no idea what the answer is to all this, but I have put the threads back for now and will have a think. What I do know is I don't have the time/energy/inclination to act as a primary school teacher and make people stand in the naughty corner. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to move forward, please feel free to suggest them.
    If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:50 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:10 pm I can absolutely confirm one thing.
    Argyll Andy is 100% ugly enough to make his own choices

You can all thank me later
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And even though you concur with my lovely dear departed old granny you can :rcard: :rcard: :censored: :censored: right off :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

See, point in action, exactly why I’m here, a love of cars, fun with like minded people and of course craic and banter :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:51 pm

Chippie wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:30 pm
      Not t met him but I’ll take your word for it 😁 :rofl:
      Chippie, he’s looking in the mirror when he says that :wink: