Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

?? Missing September NC500 run post ??

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:41 pm

Wondermike wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:15 pm Just to clarify, the six old threads have now been replaced by Peter so I have moved the old ones back off the forum again to avoid confusion.

:heat:
Wondermike, thanks for removing the old posts..in the absence (then) of restoration of the orginal material content (even if there was a disagreement about potential attendess details) I replaced /updated them as you saw :thumbsup:

A very sad epitaph to this (as far as I was concerned) unseemly spat, was that the sole person who is NOT a forum member and is also NOT a FB member, John Thompson, who had recently bought a 35is and who wish to remain confidential for personal reasons (that are now irrelevant) was seriously injured in a motorway crash on the outskirts of Glasgow on Friday afternoon and is now paralysed from the chest down.

I spoke to him today, he's in very bad shape physically and emotionally. He's asked for his details to be deleted and for people to refrain from contacting him in the context of car runs. He believes he will never drive again.

As a result his details have been deleted here and in other locations.

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:52 pm

Pbondar wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:41 pm A very sad epitaph to this (as far as I was concerned) unseemly spat, was that the sole person who is NOT a forum member and is also NOT a FB member, John Thompson, who had recently bought a 35is and who wish to remain confidential for personal reasons (that are now irrelevant) was seriously injured in a motorway crash on the outskirts of Glasgow on Friday afternoon and is now paralysed from the chest down.
That’s terrible news, I wish him well and hope that he will be able to make a full recovery
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:24 am

Chippie wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:52 pm
Pbondar wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:41 pm A very sad epitaph to this (as far as I was concerned) unseemly spat, was that the sole person who is NOT a forum member and is also NOT a FB member, John Thompson, who had recently bought a 35is and who wish to remain confidential for personal reasons (that are now irrelevant) was seriously injured in a motorway crash on the outskirts of Glasgow on Friday afternoon and is now paralysed from the chest down.
That’s terrible news, I wish him well and hope that he will be able to make a full recovery
Just awful to hear, puts it all into perspective

Here’s hoping he makes a good/full recovery
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP