Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NC500 / P.E.N.I.S 287 - Picture Heavy!

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:46 am

idej_z4 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:44 am
Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:24 am Glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Some cracking pictures there, the car’s looking fantastic

You’ll have better fun in the roadster next time, you might even get the odd hour of sun
I blame taking the Coupe for the rain. If you go in a Roadster you're 100% guaranteed sunshine. :wink:
Well I voted roadster in your poll so I’m off the hook :rofl:

The roof down just makes an already fantastic experience even better. As I said to you previously, these are the type of roads I drive daily :oops:

I did fancy Ireland myself but I think outwith a few more trips in Scotland/U.K. a 14 day European trip is what we’ve just started planning. We’ve got as far as agreeing the Chunnel the rest TBC :rofl:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:56 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:46 am
    idej_z4 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:44 am
    Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:24 am Glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Some cracking pictures there, the car’s looking fantastic

You’ll have better fun in the roadster next time, you might even get the odd hour of sun
    I blame taking the Coupe for the rain. If you go in a Roadster you're 100% guaranteed sunshine. :wink:
    Well I voted roadster in your poll so I’m off the hook :rofl:

The roof down just makes an already fantastic experience even better. As I said to you previously, these are the type of roads I drive daily :oops:

I did fancy Ireland myself but I think outwith a few more trips in Scotland/U.K. a 14 day European trip is what we’ve just started planning. We’ve got as far as agreeing the Chunnel the rest TBC :rofl:
    If you make it towards the South of France I can highly recommend the Route De Grand Alps and the Vecors. Happy planning!!! :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:35 am

idej_z4 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:56 am If you make it towards the South of France I can highly recommend the Route De Grand Alps and the Vecors. Happy planning!!!
    Cheers, joking aside we haven’t set any plans yet except we want to do the Alps in various parts and the OH wants to go to Switzerland. Once we’ve had a bit more of a serious conversation about it I think I’ll be posting a help wanted post with suggestions and take it from there.

I had a quick look there at Route De Grand Alps and that looks like a good shout but when I googled the Vecors nothing came up, what’/where’s that?

We just want the best experience and are more than happy to take advice from more experienced members.

The one thing we agreed on last night was we will book the first night and last nights hotel to tie in with the Tunnel but apart from that we’re going to add to the adventure of stopping where an when we want for overnighters :thumbsup:
    Last edited by Argyll Andy on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

Broads

Post by Broads » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:42 am

With that weather how is the coupe still clean? those photos have to be photo shopped .. or you are using one hell of a ceramic product ;) :rofl:

But seriously great photos, and a trip I would love to do one day. The trip South also sounds like a dream trip.
      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_zed_head
      Current: (2012) 20i Deep Sea Blue Z4 - E89
      Past: (2000) 1.9 Topaz Z3

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:36 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:35 am
      idej_z4 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:56 am If you make it towards the South of France I can highly recommend the Route De Grand Alps and the Vecors. Happy planning!!!
      Cheers, joking aside we haven’t set any plans yet except we want to do the Alps in various parts and the OH wants to go to Switzerland. Once we’ve had a bit more of a serious conversation about it I think I’ll be posting a help wanted post with suggestions and take it from there.

I had a quick look there at Route De Grand Alps and that looks like a good shout but when I googled the Vecors nothing came up, what’/where’s that?

We just want the best experience and are more than happy to take advice from more experienced members.

The one thing we agreed on last night was we will book the first night and last nights hotel to tie in with the Tunnel but apart from that we’re going to add to the adventure of stopping where an when we want for overnighters :thumbsup:
      Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vercors_Massif

This was a tip given to me by someone on this forum and it did not disappoint! :)

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:38 am

Broads wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:42 am With that weather how is the coupe still clean? those photos have to be photo shopped .. or you are using one hell of a ceramic product ;) :rofl:

But seriously great photos, and a trip I would love to do one day. The trip South also sounds like a dream trip.
      I did clean the car 3 times whilst I was on the trip :wink: and yeah I do have Carbon Collective ceramic coating applied (only done a few months ago)...but, you're also right about the Photoshop bit. I'm not amazing at using it but I know a little bit, enough to enhance an image shall we say. :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:11 pm

idej_z4 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:36 am Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vercors_Massif
      Cheers bud :thumbsup:

MrPT
        Lifer
        Lifer

Post by MrPT » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Lovely stuff. Any favourite bits? Took me a few goes to even remember where I’d been.

I think the main thing you learn when it comes to Scotland is that there’s the north and then there’s the north. If you’re seeing more than one German motor home every 10 minutes then you haven’t gone far enough yet. :lol:
        2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
        2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:27 pm

idej_z4 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:45 am
        jamesditchy wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:39 am Great pics. Brings back memories of our trip a few years ago. We were blessed with sun every day. We're planning on doing it all again next year :driving:
        Good man! I can't wait to get back there next year. A trip to Ireland in the Coupe is on the cards first though. :thumbsup:
        Ireland is on my list too. I plan to get the overnight ferry from Liverpool which gets into Belfast for around 7 fresh to hit the north coast

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:17 pm

MrPT wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:42 pm Lovely stuff. Any favourite bits? Took me a few goes to even remember where I’d been.

I think the main thing you learn when it comes to Scotland is that there’s the north and then there’s the north. If you’re seeing more than one German motor home every 10 minutes then you haven’t gone far enough yet. :lol:
        Favourite bit...the bit with the mountains :P

I tried to remember which bits were where but like you said, I need another run at it I think. Most of it on the west coast was epic and Bealach Na Ba will live long in the memory. :thumbsup:

Pastry

Post by Pastry » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:38 pm

Looks a great trip and some cracking photos :thumbsup:
        I was hoping to get a euro trip done this year in the cayman but Covid put paid to that. I never considered the NC500 but looks like I should have done!
        991 Carrera 2S
        Now gone:
        2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
        2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
        2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
        2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

Thrustyjust

Post by Thrustyjust » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:28 pm

Awesome photos. We 'had' planned to do this , this year, but it all went to cock. So, we have booked the same places ( except one hasnt confirmed yet) for next June . Can't wait !! :driving:
        E86 In sapphire black