Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Which Car To Take?

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.

Which Car?

Z4 Coupe
39%
Z4 Roadster
56%
Focus ST Line X
5%

Total votes: 41

Pastry

Which Car To Take?

Post by Pastry » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:40 pm

idej_z4 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:03 pm
Pbondar wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:44 pm With the scenery especially the mountains why on earth would you go with a tin top?

Also why on earth do you need a Focus to carry a short tour? Are you taking 2 dogs and 2 cycles?

Amazed it posted as a genuine question?

How can it be too cold in September / October ?

Man up!
Honestly, why do you have to be such a c*nt. Morons like you are why I rarely post on this forum anymore. I can't beleive you're 64 years old, your attitude and tone is always that of a spoilt teenager...get a life MAN!

The Coupe because it is faster, more agile, looks better in pictures and it has cruise control which for an 8 hour drive x 2 is useful.

You have no idea how long I'm going for, what I'm doing when I am there or, for some dumb founded reason, don't understand the value of having mod cons and a lesh harsh ride when you're doing so much driving. The Focus has all that and is still very nippy.

If you comment, hopefully I can just delete it as it's my post. My advice, jog on!
:lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

rdm05z4

Which Car To Take?

Post by rdm05z4 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:51 pm

idej_z4 .. Based on a line in your original post. "Both Zeds will mean a sacrifice on the amount of stuff we can take due to limited boot space.". I assume you are not traveling alone? If so take both coupe and roadster. This way when the weather is nice you can switch every so often so each can enjoy it.!!!! :rofl:
2005 3.0i Manual, Sterling Gray Metallic Sport suspension, heated seats, top line Business Cd radio
2007 Nissan Maxima -Silver-Auto
2009 VW Wolfsburg Jetta-Black-6sp manual

Pbondar

Which Car To Take?

Post by Pbondar » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:53 am

Pbondar wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:44 pm With the scenery especially the mountains why on earth would you go with a tin top?

Also why on earth do you need a Focus to carry a short tour? Are you taking 2 dogs and 2 cycles?

Man up!
Honestly, why do you have to be such a c*nt. Morons like you are why I rarely post on this forum anymore. I can't beleive you're 64 years old, your attitude and tone is always that of a spoilt teenager...get a life MAN!

The Coupe because it is faster, more agile, looks better in pictures and it has cruise control which for an 8 hour drive x 2 is useful.

You have no idea how long I'm going for, what I'm doing when I am there or, for some dumb founded reason, don't understand the value of having mod cons and a lesh harsh ride when you're doing so much driving. The Focus has all that and is still very nippy.

If you comment, hopefully I can just delete it as it's my post. My advice, jog on!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Huzee4

Which Car To Take?

Post by Huzee4 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:06 am

Man up!

👏😂
Steve

E85 2.5 SE Maldives blue
E89 20i Estoril blue
E89 35iS Alpine White ( Current Zed )

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Which Car To Take?

Post by buzyg » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:46 am

M1k3yC wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:18 pm Roadster. If I had to choose between my three then I'd probably take my MX-5 just for those moments when the sun would hopefully be out and I could fully enjoy the experience and the scenery. However, my ideal situation would be to go in convoy and take the MX-5 and my E86, swapping between them. I could probably persuade my dad... :D
I have to ask. What's the luggage space like in the mk4 mx5? It was ok in the mk2, but it's pretty limited in MrG's mk3.75 tin top. They do handle so sweetly at sensible speeds though. :driving:

Back to the thread and the reason we have always taken the Z4 roadster on trips away. You take these trips for the memories. For us the best memories happen when the sun comes out for a few hours, the top goes down and we just wallow along at 6/10ths enjoying each others company and the freedom of the open road in an open top car. :thumbsup:

z4man2020

Which Car To Take?

Post by z4man2020 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:51 am

Roadster :driving:
2006 Z4 3.0 SI

M1k3yC

Which Car To Take?

Post by M1k3yC » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:37 am

buzyg wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:46 am
I have to ask. What's the luggage space like in the mk4 mx5? It was ok in the mk2, but it's pretty limited in MrG's mk3.75 tin top. They do handle so sweetly at sensible speeds though. :driving:
It's not bad, but you need to deploy your best Tetris skills to get the most from it. If you don't, you'll end up with something largeish in the middle and poorly used space around the outside because the floor isn't flat beyond a reasonable size rectangle in the middle (if you can picture that). I haven't tried to travel anywhere with it yet because I only bought it this summer and all the restrictions have obviously limited what's fun/practical. If I keep it long term, I'm considering a luggage set: https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/roadsterbag- ... -3830.html If you click on the picture on that page you can scroll through several pictures of the boot and how that set fits in it, which will give you a much better idea.
2022 Hyundai Kona N - greyhound transport
2018 F56 Mini JCW
2016 MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro
Gone to a good home: 2007 E86 3.0Si Sport

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Which Car To Take?

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:20 am

M1k3yC wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:37 am
buzyg wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:46 am
It's not bad, but you need to deploy your best Tetris skills to get the most from it. If you don't, you'll end up with something largeish in the middle and poorly used space around the outside because the floor isn't flat beyond a reasonable size rectangle in the middle (if you can picture that). I haven't tried to travel anywhere with it yet because I only bought it this summer and all the restrictions have obviously limited what's fun/practical. If I keep it long term, I'm considering a luggage set: https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/roadsterbag- ... -3830.html If you click on the picture on that page you can scroll through several pictures of the boot and how that set fits in it, which will give you a much better idea.
I have to say that one of the best and stress free things (apart from driving of course) was our first trip using our new Roadster luggage in the Z4

Three Cases, one each for all our individual stuff and the small flat case took our jackets and a hoodie each, which stayed in the car. The absolute joy of walking out to the car and slotting the two cases into the boot and NOT having to play Tetris was great.

Definitely a good investment and a bit like a SmartTop if you decide to resell you’ll get a large part of the original outlay back :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)