Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Trip to Lidl

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Pbondar

Trip to Lidl

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:43 am

AlienZed wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:13 pm Im still scarred from your last water splash run
AlienZed, there’s a long history of PBondar, cars and water...from floating down a river having failed to cross a deep ford in a Chrysler Sunbeam, through to getting a TR7 beached on a Normandy beach with an incoming tide amongst many highlights..so a little set of puddles on one of our Scottish Borders runs is small beer.. :rofl:

Maybe we should do a day in the Borders crossing as many fords as we can? :tumbleweed:

Pbondar

Trip to Lidl

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:45 am

buzyg wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:08 pm Good to see the yellow peril out and about. :D :thumbsup:

That road looks like a real sump basher, driven a few of those in mt Mondeo 24v years back.
Hi there, actually we have lots of roads that are ‘sky launchers’ but not many ‘sump bathers’..the road parallel to Hadrian’s Wall is definite a sump basher..of course for every ‘sky launch’ comes a landing...the trick is to depart the crest really fast to maintain a nose high attitude through the flight.. :thumbsup:

AlienZed

Trip to Lidl

Post by AlienZed » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:49 am

Pbondar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:43 am
AlienZed wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:13 pm Im still scarred from your last water splash run
AlienZed, there’s a long history of PBondar, cars and water...from floating down a river having failed to cross a deep ford in a Chrysler Sunbeam, through to getting a TR7 beached on a Normandy beach with an incoming tide amongst many highlights..so a little set of puddles on one of our Scottish Borders runs is small beer.. :rofl:

Maybe we should do a day in the Borders crossing as many fords as we can? :tumbleweed:
Sounds like a plan, im short on excitement at the mo, when shall i come :D :driving:

Pbondar

Trip to Lidl

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:45 am

I'm looking at doing something once we have a bit of clarity and maybe a few less hiccups like the Dumfries issue..obviously many remain concerned about COVID /social distancing etc.. so I'm trying to look at a 'Socially Distanced Weekend' where we avoid most of the gotchas..pondering how to do it..in the Scottish Borders its likely to be easier than elsewhere..probably restricted to not more than 10 cars on any one day..so lunchtime stops at picnic tables in the woods etc..bring a brolly type event..plus Thermos!

AlienZed

Trip to Lidl

Post by AlienZed » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:25 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Trip to Lidl

Post by patriot66 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:53 pm

Pbondar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:45 am I'm looking at doing something once we have a bit of clarity and maybe a few less hiccups like the Dumfries issue..obviously many remain concerned about COVID /social distancing etc.. so I'm trying to look at a 'Socially Distanced Weekend' where we avoid most of the gotchas..pondering how to do it..in the Scottish Borders its likely to be easier than elsewhere..probably restricted to not more than 10 cars on any one day..so lunchtime stops at picnic tables in the woods etc..bring a brolly type event..plus Thermos!
Sounds great Peter but I'm not keen on the idea of a picnic in the woods if you're going to be wearing the Atacama mankini ! :o
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Pbondar

Trip to Lidl

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:16 pm

patriot66 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:53 pm
Pbondar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:45 am I'm looking at doing something once we have a bit of clarity and maybe a few less hiccups like the Dumfries issue..obviously many remain concerned about COVID /social distancing etc.. so I'm trying to look at a 'Socially Distanced Weekend' where we avoid most of the gotchas..pondering how to do it..in the Scottish Borders its likely to be easier than elsewhere..probably restricted to not more than 10 cars on any one day..so lunchtime stops at picnic tables in the woods etc..bring a brolly type event..plus Thermos!
Sounds great Peter but I'm not keen on the idea of a picnic in the woods if you're going to be wearing the Atacama mankini ! :o
Hmhh..you may have a point..midges? :rofl:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Trip to Lidl

Post by patriot66 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:21 pm

Pbondar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:16 pm
patriot66 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:53 pm
Hmhh..you may have a point..midges? :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

earthdweller

Trip to Lidl

Post by earthdweller » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:38 pm

Great to see the yellow peril resurgence :driving:

I’m all up for a borders run when they release us :thumbsup:
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

Pbondar

Trip to Lidl

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:06 pm

earthdweller wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:38 pm Great to see the yellow peril resurgence :driving:

I’m all up for a borders run when they release us :thumbsup:
oki doki :thumbsup:

mcbutler

Trip to Lidl

Post by mcbutler » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:29 pm Just thinking next week you will have to wear a face mask on your trip to Lidl's... so I wondered whether they do a BMW face mask and yes they do! (unfortunately not in Atacama yellow :o ) https://www.northmasks.com/listing/8073 ... mbroidered
My mac brings a security warning up for that site as a 'known data theft risk' so wont be visiting it
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

mcbutler

Trip to Lidl

Post by mcbutler » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:58 pm

Pbondar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:45 am
buzyg wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:08 pm Good to see the yellow peril out and about. :D :thumbsup:

That road looks like a real sump basher, driven a few of those in mt Mondeo 24v years back.
Hi there, actually we have lots of roads that are ‘sky launchers’ but not many ‘sump bathers’..the road parallel to Hadrian’s Wall is definite a sump basher..of course for every ‘sky launch’ comes a landing...the trick is to depart the crest really fast to maintain a nose high attitude through the flight.. :thumbsup:
You've been taking driving tips from Eivel Knievel I think :D (may he RIP)
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather