Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

National/Lakes & Dales meet, (No.12) Friday 2nd,Saturday 3rd,Sunday 4th JULY, 2021

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

National/Lakes & Dales meet, (No.12) Friday 2nd,Saturday 3rd,Sunday 4th JULY, 2021

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:37 pm

Robtp10 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:58 pm Thanks Craig and John for organising a great weekend. Lovely to meet such a great group of people. Fantastic routes, scenery and variety of roads also. Hope you all got home safely. Best Wishes Rob.
Was good to meet you Rob,hope you got home okay too.
Yeah,that's what we aim for, variety of roads enjoyed by a bunch of great,friendly people.
Hope to see you again next year :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:44 pm

Robtp10 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:10 pm A few pictures
Glad someone took pictures,U forgot to take many,or too busy enjoying the Drives etc.
We were dotted all over the car park this year,never seen the Carpark so busy,and those XK owners didn't help,haha.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:00 am

sammyz wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:12 am Some great pictures Rob :thumbsup: pity you didn’t get one of Jim falling into the sheep poo!

Big thank you to Craig for organising the meet. Brilliant weekend as always, lovely meeting old friends and getting to know some new ones!
Especially nice to see some old faces make a return. Look forward to next year.
Also, Big Thanks for your help with this as always, mate. Much appreciated.

Was a great weekend had by all,even Tom the dog,which I was worried might have got car sick,but he was happy all weekend. Nice to meet his owners too.
As you say,great to meet everyone again,and those who hadn't been before. Hopefully all those who hadn't been before will be back next year, along with everyone else.
Speak soon mate

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:03 am

bladeowner wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:29 am Great weekend. It was good to catch up with the old regulars and new peeps too. It was my 9th national and the first time we have had any real rain but it didn't dampen the drives or the camping. Thanks to Craig and John :thumbsup:
Great to see you as always,Dave.
Saturday weather could have been better,but Friday,and Sat night BBQ,plus most of Sunday were good,so can't complain too much,even had shorts on and and to use suntan lotion.
Look forward to catching up again soon.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:09 am

jimbo1958 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:08 am
sammyz wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:12 am Some great pictures Rob :thumbsup: pity you didn’t get one of Jim falling into the sheep poo!
Missed opportunity.......still scraping the s**t out of the tread of my trainers. :rofl:

Many thanks Craig and John for organising another fantastic weekend. :thumbsup:
Really appreciate you letting me tag along still.
The rain was a bummer but didn't dampen our spirits. :oops:
BBQ was great as always with the added bonus of the 4-0 England win.........fingers crossed for Wednesday evening.
Always good to see old friends plus a lot of new first timers that will hopefully return next year.

Have a few videos that I'll post up later. :thumbsup:
Great to see you as always mate.
Of course you can "still keep on tagging along", you and Brian have been to all bar 1, and the only two who have been to more than any,bar me and John,lol
A change of car for you wouldn't stop us enjoying your company.
Look at next year's thread,up already.
Look forward to it already.
Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon, especially if England win again.
Can't believe Spain didn't win tonight,they ran most of that game.
Italy just have a knack of scoring and rarely conceding,even when they're second best.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:19 am

RJBaz 3.4 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:20 pm Thank you Craig and John for organising the Annual Meet as always, it was great to see the old faces and meet new faces too. Look forward to next year. :driving:
And some great photos and videos too. :thumbsup:
Was great to see you and Hillary again.
All the best for the coming months.
Looking forward to seeing you both again mate.
Will keep in touch on FB,etc.
Glad you Both enjoyed it,and had fun driving behind me at times on the Sunday.
We took the longer way back to the Hotel on the Sunday,(on purpose),as I like the wee road to Shap,as opposed to joining the M6 sooner,only adds 5-10 minutes. :driving:
See you soon :thumbsup:

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:26 am

Claret wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:36 pm National Lakes Virgin no longer - thanks guys for all the effort that goes in to making this event special. Had a great weekend and hoping to make 2022!! Thank you
Good to meet you,and your passenger.
Glad you both enjoyed it,and look forward to seeing you both again next year.
Always find time goes quickly on this meet, and you don't always get to chat to everyone often enough, despite the toilet stos and uoto 2 hours Lunch,etc.
See you soon :driving:

grumpybri

Post by grumpybri » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:41 pm

Craig/ John,
Thanks to you both for a fantastic weekend of driving fun. Enjoyed the new routes on Saturday and thought the pace was spot on in challenging driving conditions.
Sunday was a great drive with very little on the roads to get in our way that allowed me to give the Alpine some long overdue exercise.
Even the weather gods were kind to us for Saturday night’s barbecue and you did a great job with feeding everyone.
Again thanks to both of you for another fantastic forum annual meet, roll on next year. :driving:
Alpina Roadster S Lux in black #206

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:45 pm

grumpybri wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:41 pm Craig/ John,
Thanks to you both for a fantastic weekend of driving fun. Enjoyed the new routes on Saturday and thought the pace was spot on in challenging driving conditions.
Sunday was a great drive with very little on the roads to get in our way that allowed me to give the Alpine some long overdue exercise.
Even the weather gods were kind to us for Saturday night’s barbecue and you did a great job with feeding everyone.
Again thanks to both of you for another fantastic forum annual meet, roll on next year. :driving:
Thanks Brian,
Always good to see you. Glad you enjoyed it.
Yeah,managed to get everyone fed okay,even if everyone was gripped by the footy,lol