Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Welt road trip.

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
nick_l

BMW Welt road trip.

Post by nick_l » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:35 am

I’ve wanted to visit BMW in Munich for a long time so am thinking about planning a roadtrip for the upcoming months. Probably a long weekend kinda thing.

Has anyone done this before? Any tips on routes and places worth stopping over on route. I’m thinking about taking 2 days to get there so not so rushed, a day there and 2 days back going a different route to change it up a bit.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

BMW Welt road trip.

Post by Chris_D » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:50 am

Living in Holland, I’ve done quite a few European roadtrips, icluding to BMW Munich. It’s a great place.

Not sure where you will be entering Europe but if Holland or Belgium then Motorworld in Cologne would be a great stopoff - it houses Shumacher’s personal collection of F1 and other cars and also a plethora of other tasty metal.

On that route you could also stop off at the ‘ring and maybe catch one of the touristenfarten days and get a couple of laps in.

If you survive that then Zuffenhausen near Stuttgart where Porsche is located is do-able. The museum they have there is amazing.

Germany is a beautiful place with lots of little picturesque towns. I’d suggest even extending your trip by 1 or 2 days so you could plan something that takes in enough time to enjoy wherever you visit.
:thumbsup:

Edit: remembered I also went down to Autoworld in Brussels with the nephew recently which was just amazing. You’ll need minmum 3 hours to take everything in there!

Let me know if you want me to post up some pics of each location. Otherwise I think I made some posts on each trip if you can be bothered sifting through my posts.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

nick_l

BMW Welt road trip.

Post by nick_l » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:10 pm

That’s exactly the kind of reply I was hoping on getting. Thanks!

I could potentially take more time to visit other places and detour. A lap or two at the ring is something I’d like to do as is visiting Porsche. I’ve been Cologne a few times so will probably add there as a way point.

I’ve looked at a few routes and via Belgium is my favourite. I’ll have bit of a search of your suggested places to visit. :thumbsup:
Chris_D wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:50 am Living in Holland, I’ve done quite a few European roadtrips, icluding to BMW Munich. It’s a great place.

Not sure where you will be entering Europe but if Holland or Belgium then Motorworld in Cologne would be a great stopoff - it houses Shumacher’s personal collection of F1 and other cars and also a plethora of other tasty metal.

On that route you could also stop off at the ‘ring and maybe catch one of the touristenfarten days and get a couple of laps in.

If you survive that then Zuffenhausen near Stuttgart where Porsche is located is do-able. The museum they have there is amazing.

Germany is a beautiful place with lots of little picturesque towns. I’d suggest even extending your trip by 1 or 2 days so you could plan something that takes in enough time to enjoy wherever you visit.
:thumbsup:

Edit: remembered I also went down to Autoworld in Brussels with the nephew recently which was just amazing. You’ll need minmum 3 hours to take everything in there!

Let me know if you want me to post up some pics of each location. Otherwise I think I made some posts on each trip if you can be bothered sifting through my posts.