Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Scottish Borders Reivers Weekend Saturday 1st Sunday 2nd August 2020 (Cancelled)

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Pbondar

Scottish Borders Reivers Weekend Saturday 1st Sunday 2nd August 2020 (Cancelled)

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:55 pm

The Reivers weekend this year moves to early August, although this may cause some issues with familiy holidays, we've moved it as a result of a fairly full calendar of Scottish runs this year, and trying to make sure we reach all parts of the Scottish State in a timely fashion. :thumbsup:

A bonus is, that despite the traffic congestion seen elsewhere at this time of year, the English/Scottish Borders still has plenty of fast and flowing roads massively underpopulated compared to most parts of the UK. :driving:

In addition, hopefully longer, warmer, dryer days will result in most people not having to fit wet weather tyres! :rofl:

Starting and finishing both days from Jedburgh, each day will follow a now fairly well developed 'orbit' of around 175-200 miles around the English/Scottish Borders..

A list of accommodation can be published if requried, I'm sure several Forum members can offer advise on their previous stays.

This year we plan to have a BBQ at Chez Bondar's on the Saturday night with a pre-run dinner on the Friday night.

There is a suggestion for a visit for resting co-pilots on the Sunday to Edinburgh to sample The Fringe..via the Borders railway, this is subject to takeup /numbers..

Would people kindly take one step forward if interested..

For info: Border reivers were raiders along the Anglo-Scottish border from the late 13th century to the beginning of the 17th century.
Their ranks consisted of both Scottish and English people, and they raided the entire Border country without regard to their victims' nationality.

1) PBondar Peter/Mo E89 Yellow
2) patriot66 Simon/? E85 Silver
3) MefiEcosse Rich /Julie Alpina Silver
4) AlienZed Maurice/Andrea E85 Silver
Last edited by Pbondar on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

earthdweller

Scottish Borders Reivers Weekend Saturday 1st Sunday 2nd August 2020

Post by earthdweller » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:15 pm

I’d certainly like to put my name down, bit early to confirm yet subject to wife’s holiday plans !
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

jamesditchy

Post by jamesditchy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Hi Peter, this sounds a great weekend especially with the visit to the fringe in Edinburgh. Unfortunately we are already booked up for this weekend so we wont be able to attend. Hope I all have a great trip tho :thumbsup:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:34 pm

earthdweller wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:15 pm I’d certainly like to put my name down, bit early to confirm yet subject to wife’s holiday plans !
Of course no worries just wanted to get the dates out as people have/are making plans for the year..

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:35 pm

jamesditchy wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:26 pm Hi Peter, this sounds a great weekend especially with the visit to the fringe in Edinburgh. Unfortunately we are already booked up for this weekend so we wont be able to attend. Hope I all have a great trip tho :thumbsup:
No worries James...hope to see you all on your Welsh run :thumbsup:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am

Hi Peter
Your Border Reivers weekend is the highlight of my Z4 year and the roads up there are IMHO the best in the country :driving:
Please put me down as a possible pending any holiday arrangements :thumbsup:
Thanks, Si
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:41 pm

patriot66 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am Hi Peter
Your Border Reivers weekend is the highlight of my Z4 year and the roads up there are IMHO the best in the country :driving:
Thanks, Si
Si, no worries, any expected PAX , not that it matters at this range.. :thumbsup:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:33 pm

Pbondar wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:41 pm
Thanks, Si
Si, no worries, any expected PAX , not that it matters at this range.. :thumbsup:
Not sure at the moment Pete. Will let you know a bit nearer the date if that's ok :thumbsup:
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:05 pm

patriot66 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:33 pm
Pbondar wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:41 pm
Thanks, Si
Not sure at the moment Pete. Will let you know a bit nearer the date if that's ok :thumbsup:
Of course... :thumbsup:

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:20 pm

Put us down for both days Peter!
Looking through the dates this might be the only group run we manage this year!
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:56 pm

Sorry we will miss this years run Peter, we will be in Germany at that time - Nevertheless, thanks for all the effort that you make to organise a runout so good as this.

I hope there’s a good turnout :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:00 am

MefiEcosse wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:20 pm Put us down for both days Peter!
Looking through the dates this might be the only group run we manage this year!
Hi Rich, no worries, seems like your very busy/otherwise detained this year? :tumbleweed:

No doubt hear about it at the Falkirk Breakfast meet :thumbsup:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:01 am

ronk wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:56 pm Sorry we will miss this years run Peter, we will be in Germany at that time - Nevertheless, thanks for all the effort that you make to organise a runout so good as this.

Ron, no worries, plenty of other trips in the calendar this year, looks like I’ll see you for the North Wales run anyway :thumbsup:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:01 am

Pbondar wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:01 am
ronk wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:56 pm Sorry we will miss this years run Peter, we will be in Germany at that time - Nevertheless, thanks for all the effort that you make to organise a runout so good as this.

Ron, no worries, plenty of other trips in the calendar this year, looks like I’ll see you for the North Wales run anyway :thumbsup:
Yes, all booked up including the accommodation :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:13 pm

Hi Peter ,
Put us down for this , Great roads up there :driving: .
M