I have been in contact with both the Campsite and Hotel over past few weeks or so,and as it stands,the Hotel have been told that they will have to put in a lot of work and extra measures to be allowed to open at all,despite the government saying 4th of July!!
Their local authority, in Cumbria,has said to do this nthat and more,and as a result, the Hotel are not expecting to be able to open again until 1st of August.
The campsite is easier for them to comply,as they are mainly outside accommodation,lol.
They can put us up "whenever".
Given Scottish schools go back on August 11th and English schools,in limited number form June,but only limited ones,and won't be fully back Until September, it probably wont have too much difference re tourists on roads,hopefully??
Difficult to say though,as its a double edged sword/catch-22 situation...if we wait Until August/September, when Lockdown restrictions will be eased enough to allow All UK Countries to freely move Around the UK and possibly even to some foreign destinations, eg Greece,etc,then that will probably mean more traffic than Early July,when some restricted movement will still be in place,certainly from all UK,bar England??But,Unless Scotland,N.Ireland and Wales,and England all have easing of Lockdown,then we will find it very difficult to accommodate a weekend meet anywhere,possibly??
I am currently waiting on word back from Crooklands hotel,to see if they can give us at least half a dozen rooms at some point in August,etc due to potential cancellations!!
We will have to wait and see on this.
As it stands,they won't be open in July, so anyone wanting a room will be out of luck!!
We will need to wait and see if we can get Hotel rooms,if not we have the option of more Camping,if they want,or we try to book up nearby B n B's??
WE WILL BE DOING SOMETHING IN FORM OF A MEET,EVEN IF ITS NOT OUR USUAL 20-30 CARS TURNOUT,
But it will be two days of : fun,social distance socialising and some food/toilet stops along the way,even if we need to get carry out liunches /fish n chips,etc somewhere,plus some fun driving:
Also,after talking to John(Sammyz), ,we have the following proposed dates,for those attending....
Either AUGUST 14TH/15TH/16TH,Friday,Saturday and Sunday... Or
LET US KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS,THOSE WHO ARE ATTENDING,CHEERS
P.S, going by PMS,etc we can decide,as a group on AUGUST or SEPTEMBER New dates,as above,OR If the majority wanting to come Still want to do it in JULY,As some have indicated to me,then we are happy to go with Majority Rules,lol.
THE ONLY PROBLEM FOR JULY,IS THAT WE WOULD NEED TO GET VARIOUS B N B's Booked up,nearby,Individually,and Definitely Not Be in the Hotel...And the Campsite won't be able to be open for guests Until the Saturday ,Not the Friday we would need?!
OR ,wait until August/September,and Maybe/Maybe not be in the Hotel??
Awaiting your thoughts/votes
Let the floodgates open,haha.....