Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

East Anglia breakfast meet? 27 July 19 UPDATED

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Crazy Harry

East Anglia breakfast meet? 27 July 19 UPDATED

Post by Crazy Harry » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Dirty dailies and detailed doyens – and anything else if the Zeds SORNed.

In a few threads over the winter the possibility of an East Anglian meet up was floated. I thought it was time that we had a go getting a regular meet of the ground. I posted that I had been thinking of the Stag / Breckland Lodge just of the A11 at Attleborough – having been down there today I’m going to suggest a venue just a few hundred yards down the road at Peter Beales Roses (garden centre).

Far more parking is available there so we could park as a group and they will book us a setting area for breakfast so we can all get together - new cafeteria and 'over spill' marquee for this year. Also not a bad place for partners to look round if they don’t want to kick tyres. On the down side they would like us to book in advance and give a meal choice – although picking one of three breakfasts can’t be that hard can it?

If I recall Saturday morning was the popular time slot to avoid football etc. I’m suggesting the last Saturday of the month starting 27 July 9:30 meet for breakfast at 10:00 followed my tyre kicking / shopping.

I'm aware that we've had new forum members join us from Norfolk and surrounds so we might be able to get a few Zeds together. So over to you - any takers? Those so far:

Crazy Harry + 1
enuff_zed +1
Jock156
Jingle
Buckley
Sean +1
Steph + 1
Martin
Teddy1990_ +1
Last edited by Crazy Harry on Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

East Anglia breakfast meet? 27 July 19

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 pm

Ok, I'll start with a provisional yes - pending sanctions from my Domestic Improvements Manager.
I'm guessing she'll say yes as she went there for breakfast just after the new cafe opened, and was very impressed.
Will get you a definitive answer asap.

According to Google maps it is 2.14km from my front door, so maybe I'll save fuel and push the Z there :D

For future reference, the St George's distillery at East Harling also does an awesome breakfast.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Yup, I have the green light.
Looking forward to meeting a few fellow enthusiasts. Management will be there too.

Thanks
Martin

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

jock156

Post by jock156 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:34 pm

I'm in! If I still have the Z. Its in the garage now getting bits n pieces sorted before it goes up for sale. :(

There is also a PH show at Wymondham College the week before! :thumbsup:

gadgetJunky72

Post by gadgetJunky72 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Can I get the post code of the meeting place please?

Oh, and do they allow dogs?

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:58 pm

gadgetJunky72 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:17 pm Can I get the post code of the meeting place please?

Oh, and do they allow dogs?
Hi post code is - NR17 1AY and a linkey to their website https://www.classicroses.co.uk/

I've no idea about dogs but its likely I'll be ringing to provisionally book a table in a few days (hoping I can add numbers later in the month) so can ask about dogs on site. I'm guessing that the cafe section will be a no unless its an assistance dog but I'll ask as there is an out door area.

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:23 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 pm Ok, I'll start with a provisional yes - pending sanctions from my Domestic Improvements Manager.
I'm guessing she'll say yes as she went there for breakfast just after the new cafe opened, and was very impressed.

According to Google maps it is 2.14km from my front door, so maybe I'll save fuel and push the Z there :D

For future reference, the St George's distillery at East Harling also does an awesome breakfast.
Damn you beat me. 2.6 miles from my front door (4 min drive)

I’m defo up for this! Count me in :D

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:20 pm

JINGLE wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:23 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 pm Ok, I'll start with a provisional yes - pending sanctions from my Domestic Improvements Manager.

Damn you beat me. 2.6 miles from my front door (4 min drive)

I’m defo up for this! Count me in :D
Ha! Halfway up Hargham Road, just opposite the bus stop at Ollands Road

gadgetJunky72

Post by gadgetJunky72 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:12 pm

1.5 hr drive for me from Peterborough. a bit far.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:16 pm

gadgetJunky72 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:12 pm 1.5 hr drive for me from Peterborough. a bit far.
Yeah, but all the joys of the A47, topped off with the highlight of King's Lynn's Hardwick roundabout.
A trip to die for :poke:

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:33 pm

gadgetJunky72 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:12 pm 1.5 hr drive for me from Peterborough. a bit far.
Sadly I know what you mean - it's just as bad for us trying to get out of the county!

jock156

Post by jock156 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:51 pm

Is anyone up for giving BOWSER a shout to do the roof motor relocation gubbins????

If we all chipped in a few quid for his digs then have him do it while we are there.

Thoughts?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:01 pm

jock156 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:51 pm Is anyone up for giving BOWSER a shout to do the roof motor relocation gubbins????

If we all chipped in a few quid for his digs then have him do it while we are there.

Thoughts?
Not personally, due to mine being an E89, but I would suggest that you would need to find somewhere else to do it.
Can't see a the garden centre being too keen on us working on cars there. May scupper our chances of a return visit.
Plus, the parking is mostly on grass I believe, if that makes any difference?

Good idea though.

Years back, when I ran Kings Lynn Capri Club, we used to do 'food'n'fix' days. Go to someone's house, they laid on a bbq and we all pitched in to fix various faults on each others' cars.

jock156

Post by jock156 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:30 pm

:thumbsup:

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:01 pm

I've booked a table for breakfast for 10:00 - arrive 9:30ish

I'll edit my first post later to include a running list - select few at the moment but happy to add others. Where are you East Anglian Zeders?