Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Breakfast Meet - Falkirk Wheel - Sunday 28th July

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

Warrior170

Post by Warrior170 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:50 pm

New to the forum and on the lookout for my first Z4.
Whats the chances of coming along and getting a heads up on what you have and what might suit me best as an older (55) newbie.
I've always loved the E86 but the more I look the more difficult the choice becomes.
Would be good to have a look at the coupe close up and maybe get some thoughts on the E89 too. They look pretty good value compared to similar mileage 85/86s. Top end older or low end newer. Prefer the look of the 85/86 if honest but should use the head so opinions would be appreciated.

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm

[quote=Warrior170 post_id=<a href="tel:1670787">1670787</a> time=<a href="tel:1563997835">1563997835</a> user_id=31894]
Whats the chances of coming along and getting a heads up on what you have and what might suit me best as an older (55) newbie.
I've always loved the E86 but the more I look the more difficult the choice becomes.
Would be good to have a look at the coupe close up and maybe get some thoughts on the E89 too. They look pretty good value compared to similar mileage 85/86s. Top end older or low end newer. Prefer the look of the 85/86 if honest but should use the head so opinions would be appreciated.
[/quote]

You'll be very welcome to pop along and ask as many questions as you want! :thumbsup:
E85 is the best option though! :rofl:

Sgr74

Post by Sgr74 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:01 pm

MefiEcosse wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm [quote=Warrior170 post_id=<a href="tel:1670787">1670787</a> time=<a href="tel:1563997835">1563997835</a> user_id=31894]
You'll be very welcome to pop along and ask as many questions as you want! :thumbsup:
E85 is the best option though! :rofl:
[/quote]
Of course you are welcome. You might, if you are lucky, get some sensible answers
Black 2.5 Roadie.

Warrior170

Post by Warrior170 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:44 am

Thanks Guys, see you Sunday.

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:25 pm

MefiEcosse wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm E85 is the best option though!
If you are a professional hair sculptor :P :poke:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Zed Baron

Post by Zed Baron » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi Rich, thanks for organising another great breakfast meeting... nice restaurant. Great to catch up and meet new faces, shame about the weather but got to test my BMW umbrella out :D

Warrior170

Post by Warrior170 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Gents and Ladies, many thanks for making me feel welcome this morning. Nice people and some nice cars too.
Thanks to Julian for letting me take his 3l E89 out for a wee spin, very trusting of you sir much appreciated.
The shaking in my hands and butterflies in my stomach have subsided enough to let me also say a big thank you to the Yellow Peril. Awesome car but on a morning like this morning I was certain we would be visiting farmer Giles in the fields or Edinburgh RI via a blues and twos taxi. You however demonstrated the cars fine handling even on a soaking wet country road to one of the worst people to ever sit in a passenger seat. Terrific cars gents. Thanks so much.

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:11 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:47 pm Hi Rich, thanks for organising another great breakfast meeting... nice restaurant. Great to catch up and meet new faces, shame about the weather but got to test my BMW umbrella out :D
Thanks Rick! It was a good wee get together with great folk as usual.
The new management at the restruant looked after us pretty well, think we'll need a return visit! :thumbsup:

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:13 pm

Warrior170 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:01 pm Gents and Ladies, many thanks for making me feel welcome this morning. Nice people and some nice cars too.
Thanks to Julian for letting me take his 3l E89 out for a wee spin, very trusting of you sir much appreciated.
The shaking in my hands and butterflies in my stomach have subsided enough to let me also say a big thank you to the Yellow Peril. Awesome car but on a morning like this morning I was certain we would be visiting farmer Giles in the fields or Edinburgh RI via a blues and twos taxi. You however demonstrated the cars fine handling even on a soaking wet country road to one of the worst people to ever sit in a passenger seat. Terrific cars gents. Thanks so much.
Glad you enjoyed it, hope to see you again soon with your purchase!
Had a look for the advert for my old 2.5 but it looks like it's gone now, plenty more good ones out there, just be patient!

Sgr74

Post by Sgr74 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:19 pm

After my roof gremlins in the car park,(it was going down when I turned the ignition on and wouldn’t latch once it was back up). I left the car park and got along the road a bit. I had to stop at a junction and my roof automatically went down.😳 Then it wouldn’t go back up. I had to drive to Crossgates with he roof down in the drizzle. I think a post on the problem page is coming.
Black 2.5 Roadie.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:54 pm

Warrior170 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:01 pm Gents and Ladies, many thanks for making me feel welcome this morning. Nice people and some nice cars too.
Hello, I'm sorry if I inadvertanly made your trip into a near life/death experience...I can assure you, that having driven several thousand miles in the pouring rain in Scotland that the car was well within its limits by some considerable margin..I feel like I'm taking my life in my hands with SWMBO in her Mini...

Hope your journey of enlightment continues..if there is anything we can do to help I'm sure the forum members will assist!

Warrior170

Post by Warrior170 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:52 pm

Ha Ha no worries, as you could no doubt tell I'm a terrible passenger and your driving skills were never in question. My expectation of what the car might do in the wet compared to your knowledge of what the car is capable of were streets apart. I'm totally sold and tonight so is the Jeep, woo hoo. £1600 more than I was offered for a trade in and £1250 more than the car buying websites. Almost told him where to go a few times as well. Hard to be patient now but will try me best. Been looking at a few online but if any of you see something too good to miss please let me know.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:59 pm

Warrior170 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:52 pm Ha Ha no worries, as you could no doubt tell I'm a terrible passenger and your driving skills were never in question. My expectation of what the car might do in the wet compared to your knowledge of what the car is capable of were streets apart. I'm totally sold and tonight so is the Jeep, woo hoo. £1600 more than I was offered for a trade in and £1250 more than the car buying websites. Almost told him where to go a few times as well. Hard to be patient now but will try me best. Been looking at a few online but if any of you see something too good to miss please let me know.
Glad it’s all going in the right direction...feel free to either publicly ask for comments on possible purchases and/or you can pm me for my personal view..which is a personal view...

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:32 am

:worthless:
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!