Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT AND ATTENDS MEETS

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:35 pm

I'm going to have a moan now (normally I'm a happy chappy :wink: ) BUT !
Some of our members go to a lot of trouble to arrange various meets on the forum for forum members,YOU. These meets need your backing and attendance, or else they fail.
Alan (Number5) has gone to a lot of trouble and time to arrange the English Welsh meet, check out the thread.
You get to visit a state of the art BMW dealership with drinks and nibbles layed on, look around the place as guests. Then there's a drive through some lovely country side on fantastic roads and finish of with a meal.
This would have taken a lot of planning on Alan's behalf and he needs our backing.
There are many on here who join and ask about meets, well here's one that needs your backing, so get signed up.
If we don't give our backing as a forum, then these events will just dry up.
Rant over
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

-Tom-

Post by -Tom- » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:40 pm

I’m away that weekend , but would have loved to join. It was a great drive out a few years ago :thumbsup:
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:04 pm

nicely put, totally agree, im doing the north wales jobbie, otherwise i would be there :thumbsup:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Stuartt

Post by Stuartt » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:04 pm

Well Said Fred.

SHEPSHED could do with a push too as that’s looking a bit thin on the ground :poke:

Stuart
2004 3.0i SE Roadster , GONE to a good home :thumbsup:
2010 e89 35i Sdrive M sport. GONE for salvage :cry: but has been reborn

2014 e89 35is M-Sport Design Pure Traction 😈😈😈

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:10 pm

Stuartt wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:04 pm Well Said Fred.

SHEPSHED could do with a push too as that’s looking a bit thin on the ground :poke:

Stuart
shepsted will be fine.. i will be shouting long and hard closer to the time :thumbsup:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:25 pm

Cheers Firebobby

It is true. These events do need members support. :driving:

In order to coordinate the English Welsh Meet I've had to liaise with a number of people, mainly including the Pub and BMW Dealership, but others are involved too, so I'd like to get near to 50 cars if possible.

Both the pub and Dealership are bringing in extra staff to help serve the refreshments and catering, Both are also clearing their car parks in order to allow us to all park together and in Cotswold's case that means shifting 50 cars out of their usual underground service car park to make room for our exclusive use and are also considering the possibility of future discounted parts or servicing vouchers for attendees at this meeting,

Furthermore, the local Bristol Zed boys also help out with planning the routes and agree to lead car groups on the day having pre-driven the routes days before, so a lot of unseen works go in.

Therefore, when in previous years we have had 40-50 cars expected on the day and 20% have dropped out due to the weather looking unfavourable, it is disappointing. (Obviously planning months in advance, this is out of my control).

As Firebobby says, please try to attend Forum events (especially if you've previously committed to it) as it makes it more rewarding and enjoyable for all involved and inspires people to organise further events too .

Cheers :thumbsup:
Alan
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:19 am

Bump, come on people :)
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

eff1guy

Post by eff1guy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:32 am

Have been meaning to put my name back down on the revised English Welsh meet thread (confirmed date) but until yesterday I was without a car and now I have a Z3 not a Z4 :whistle:

I'm at a Wedding in Silverstone on Saturday 1st with an overnight stay but count me in please Alan if my Z3 is allowed in?
Next Z landed ..... Z3 3.0i Sport Roadster

Z4 35iS ..... Gone to a new home

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:30 am

Clashes with Supercar Sunday at Goodwood, would have gone otherwise. Agree that meets on here are scarce now and need support or they will dry up completely
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:39 am

Just for the record I sold my Zed over a year ago and I'm now Zedless :(

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:20 am

eff1guy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:32 am Have been meaning to put my name back down on the revised English Welsh meet thread (confirmed date) but until yesterday I was without a car and now I have a Z3 not a Z4 :whistle:

I'm at a Wedding in Silverstone on Saturday 1st with an overnight stay but count me in please Alan if my Z3 is allowed in?
A Zed is a Zed (as long as it isn't a Nissan!) , so you're more than welcome. :driving:
Dav the wheel nut wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:39 am Just for the record I sold my Zed over a year ago and I'm now Zedless :(
There's plenty more for sale Dave.... :wink:
(or you can always just turn up to the Showroom meet, even if you don't do the drive after)
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Thu May 02, 2019 6:52 pm

Whilst I cannot make this year's (Mrs R's birthday) I just wanted to say that's the English/Welsh meet was the best I have have ever attended, on both occasions. For those near the M25, that road and the M4 are usually quiet early on a Sunday and you can get down there very quickly.

You must go!!
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

stupot1

Post by stupot1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:06 am

Organising any kind of meet is always a thankless task. I used to coordinate the events for the local Triumph TR group, always had people dropping out due to the weather and always finished up with easily 25% less on the day. I put together a trip to Spa, sorted the Ferry, accommodation in 2 locations and Spa entry tickets, finished up....6 of us went!
As good as it was it's still disappointing.
It is what it is I'm afraid!
E86 Sapphire Black, Auto, 224's

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:00 am

It’s a bit difficult to attend meets when some of us live on different continents.

It’s also a bit difficult to commit when some of us don’t have the luxury of available time like some other retired, moaning old git members like you Fred!
:lol:

Otherwise I’d come, really.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:21 am

you mean like this now - today ?
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=115173