Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Scenic Car Tours - Anyone used them?

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Joneeboy

Post by Joneeboy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi All,

Looking to organise a Birthday Tour for the missus next year and was wondering if anyone on the Forum had used this company in the past?

http://www.sceniccartours.com

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:18 pm

Had a look and at first glance looks good until you see the prices and what they actually do.
This might just be ones I looked at for instance the NC500 trip starting in Inverness over 6 days is £1600 for 2 people.
By the looks of it the company books the hotels and tells you what roads to use and then you are left to it, they don't take you on a tour.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Joneeboy

Post by Joneeboy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:42 am

Nictrix wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:18 pm Had a look and at first glance looks good until you see the prices and what they actually do.
This might just be ones I looked at for instance the NC500 trip starting in Inverness over 6 days is £1600 for 2 people.
By the looks of it the company books the hotels and tells you what roads to use and then you are left to it, they don't take you on a tour.
Thanks for the input Nictrix. Yes, I agree it does seem a bit steep. will have to do some homework and see if it can be done any cheaper by trawling the internet. However, this way does take a lot of the leg work out of the research. But was wondering if anyone had booked with them and whether the experience was a positive one. :thumbsup:

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:16 pm

Considering I did the NC500 from door to door in Sussex for around £700, of which £400 was fuel that is expensive.

Ok was only 4 nights but we stayed in some nice hotels.

Think the cost saving would be worth the legwork.

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:39 pm

I went with them to the BMW Festival in Munich in 2016. They were very good, and flexible as I couldn't do the full trip. The hotel chosen was excellent, and the people who had done the full trip were very happy.
As others say, you can do it cheaper if you plan and book everything yourself. If you don't have the time or confidence to do it yourself then you should expect to pay a premium for someone to do it for you, plus ensure everything is ABTA covered.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic