Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Knockhill Summer Track Day

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Thu May 30, 2019 7:38 pm

AuchinclossZ4 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:43 pm You are all off your heads. I have done a lot of track driving and there is no way I would take my precious Z around there! Have you seen the kerbs at Knockhill??? I remember seeing a guy in tears at a Ferrari track day on seeing the damage to his floor and suspension. :D :D
There was a thread on here a few months ago about a guy who took his Porsche (insert fancy letters and numbers here) on the track at Knockhill and after being off track the front suspension turret had smashed to bits.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu May 30, 2019 7:57 pm

AuchinclossZ4 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:43 pm You are all off your heads. I have done a lot of track driving and there is no way I would take my precious Z around there! Have you seen the kerbs at Knockhill??? I remember seeing a guy in tears at a Ferrari track day on seeing the damage to his floor and suspension. :D :D
Its a fun track day not BTCC :rofl:
You dont need to drive the kerbs I know I wont be!
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Silva1

Post by Silva1 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:46 pm

Done alot of laps around back in the honda days with zero issues, it's the kitty litter that done it for me not the kerbs :rofl:

Silva1

Post by Silva1 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:57 pm

Nictrix wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:38 pm There was a thread on here a few months ago about a guy who took his Porsche (insert fancy letters and numbers here) on the track at Knockhill and after being off track the front suspension turret had smashed to bits.
Correct but from speaking to people in the know, the car is basically driven like it was stolen. It seems to be a common issue with the gt4 and gt3 991.1 where the strut tower fails. Spinning off into the litter would only stress on the suspension components so much before it eventually happens to them all.

That being said, not seen a zed with the suspension in the engine bay, so we're in the safe :thumbsup:

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 pm

Silva1 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:57 pm Correct but from speaking to people in the know, the car is basically driven like it was stolen. It seems to be a common issue with the gt4 and gt3 991.1 where the strut tower fails. Spinning off into the litter would only stress on the suspension components so much before it eventually happens to them all.

That being said, not seen a zed with the suspension in the engine bay, so we're in the safe :thumbsup:
+1 to that, I watched the below video a few months back and after some research it seems to be a very hush hush common fault

2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings