BMW UK in Farnborough

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9878
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:06 pm

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules posting this, but I thought there may be some interest among us for a visit to BMW HQ on Sunday 16 December.

If I have, sorry. :oops: Anyway Mods can delete if I have transgressed.

Anyway it's a Pistonheads Sunday Service event, and places will be limited (to 500 IIRC from last time). They go on offer some time tomorrow, so if you want to go you probably need to be quick!
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey, Cirrus trim & 295s. Cruise, Storage and pdc. E90 330i as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

rally-chris
Member
Member
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 pm
Location: Newbury, Berks UK

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by rally-chris » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:02 pm

The signup link is finally live: https://www.pistonheads.com/calendar/event.asp?i=92913

I've put my name down so hopefully the weather won't be too awful or else I'll be taking the Volvo!

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9878
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:05 pm

rally-chris wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:02 pm
I've put my name down so hopefully the weather won't be too awful or else I'll be taking the Volvo!

Chris
At last!

I'm right below you on the list - see you there! :thumbsup:

Iain.
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey, Cirrus trim & 295s. Cruise, Storage and pdc. E90 330i as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

Lazza
Member
Member
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:42 am
Location: Wokingham

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by Lazza » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:47 pm

Damn. I’ll be visiting my folks in Norwich.
Z4 S-Drive 35i
Audi TT S-line
Mazda MX5 Mk2.5 (for sale)
Wokingham Berkshire

Online
User avatar
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4660
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 12:12 am
Location: Ifold, West Sussex

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by RickRob » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:13 pm

I have just registered, but have some doubt that I can make it. Need to check when at home.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

mpm
Member
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:05 pm

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by mpm » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 am

I’ll be there 🙂

Online
User avatar
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4660
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 12:12 am
Location: Ifold, West Sussex

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by RickRob » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:49 pm

RickRob wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:13 pm
I have just registered, but have some doubt that I can make it. Need to check when at home.
My doubts were well-founded. Already have a family commitment for the 16th.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

User avatar
Felix79
Member
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 am
Location: Oxford

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by Felix79 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:18 am

I've put my name down for it. Seems like there will be a lot of people going. They said it's 400 cars, but they can have about 800 people. Even though I am at the bottom of the list, past the 400 cut off, do I still go regardless?

rally-chris
Member
Member
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 pm
Location: Newbury, Berks UK

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by rally-chris » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Felix79 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:18 am
I've put my name down for it. Seems like there will be a lot of people going. They said it's 400 cars, but they can have about 800 people. Even though I am at the bottom of the list, past the 400 cut off, do I still go regardless?
No - as per the note shown at 400 in the list:
Reserve List
Please be aware that being on the reserve list does not guarantee a space on the day. As members remove their name from the confirmed list, reserves will be automatically allocated the available position.
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

User avatar
tee.gilding
Member
Member
Posts: 447
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:25 pm
Location: Hampshire

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by tee.gilding » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Damn I can't make this. Would have been a good chance to show off my freshly wrapped roof....
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport (E86) : Stratus Grey : Black Oregon leather : 19" Veemann V-FS33 : BC Racing coilovers : Kumho Ecsta rubber : MTEC discs : Brembo pads : stubby aerial : ZHP gear knob

Instagram: @stratus.z4coupe

User avatar
Felix79
Member
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 am
Location: Oxford

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by Felix79 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:32 pm

rally-chris wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:34 pm
Felix79 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:18 am
I've put my name down for it. Seems like there will be a lot of people going. They said it's 400 cars, but they can have about 800 people. Even though I am at the bottom of the list, past the 400 cut off, do I still go regardless?
No - as per the note shown at 400 in the list:
Reserve List
Please be aware that being on the reserve list does not guarantee a space on the day. As members remove their name from the confirmed list, reserves will be automatically allocated the available position.
Thanks for clearing that up for me Chris. It's the very first time I've ever tried to do a PH meet. I didn't understand the concept that was being used to sign up., even though I could see the date and location being confirmed.

Unlikely I will get on the list, so I will have to look out for another meet that I don't need to be a ninja to get onto the signup sheet the secon it goes live!

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9878
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:17 pm

Felix79 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:32 pm
Thanks for clearing that up for me Chris. It's the very first time I've ever tried to do a PH meet. I didn't understand the concept that was being used to sign up., even though I could see the date and location being confirmed.

Unlikely I will get on the list, so I will have to look out for another meet that I don't need to be a ninja to get onto the signup sheet the secon it goes live!
You might make it onto the list - it's not unusual for quite a few people to drop out when it gets nearer the date. So it's definitely worth checking. :thumbsup:
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey, Cirrus trim & 295s. Cruise, Storage and pdc. E90 330i as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

User avatar
Felix79
Member
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 am
Location: Oxford

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by Felix79 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 pm

I've climbed high enough to be able to go now. So I'll be there for around 9am and leaving 10.30ish with my old man.

rally-chris
Member
Member
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 pm
Location: Newbury, Berks UK

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by rally-chris » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Felix79 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 pm
I've climbed high enough to be able to go now. So I'll be there for around 9am and leaving 10.30ish with my old man.
Excellent news Felix - would you fancy meeting up at Chieveley on the way there at about 8.15?

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

User avatar
Felix79
Member
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 am
Location: Oxford

BMW UK in Farnborough

Post by Felix79 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:09 am

rally-chris wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:16 pm
Felix79 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 pm
I've climbed high enough to be able to go now. So I'll be there for around 9am and leaving 10.30ish with my old man.
Excellent news Felix - would you fancy meeting up at Chieveley on the way there at about 8.15?

Chris
That's the service station on the end of the A34 on the start of the M3?

Post Reply