Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mull of Kintyre / Scottish West Coast Run Saturday 10th Sunday 11th August 2019 GATE CLOSED

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Pbondar

Mull of Kintyre / Scottish West Coast Run Saturday 10th Sunday 11th August 2019 GATE CLOSED

Post by Pbondar » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:08 pm

Starting on Saturday morning from near Glasgow Airport heading cross country to the top of Loch Fyne and then down to the Mull of Kintyre. Stopping on the Saturday night in the picturesque sailing port of East Tarbert. 213 miles and a long day drive due to nature of the roads. :driving:

Sunday takes us the west coast to Corran, hopping across to the ring around Loch Shiel, before heading on new roads back to Loch Lomond. Around 270 miles and another long day. :driving:

Accommodation for the overnight stop(s) is now filling up, so its time to start making booking confirmations

I have booked 4 double rooms at the Anchor Hotel Tarbert http://www.lochfyne-scotland.co.uk/
and 4 double rooms at the Starfish Rooms Tarbert https://www.starfishroomstarbert.co.uk/

Prices as booked are at £132.50 for the Saturday bight at the Anchor and £85 at the Starfish

We will start at 09:00 on Saturday from Premier Inn Phoenix Retail Park, Paisley, Renfrewshire, United Kingdom (the), PA1 2BH
1. Pbondar /Peter+1/Yellow/ E89 / Definite!
2. Craig 4.2/Craig M Rdstr Blue one day probably
3. Alfa 2 / Westfield / Sunday
4. Alienzed/Maurice (+Andrea), ,Silver Rdstr,E85 Definite!
5. Earthdweller/Andy(+Euan)....Ti.Silver 3.0si Rdstr Definite!

I plan to release any remaining rooms not committed on the 31st July.

As of today accommodation in Tarbet is already booked / getting pricey so earlier commitments would enjoy better prices..

All Starfish rooms now taken
Last edited by Pbondar on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MefiEcosse

Mull of Kintyre / Scottish West Coast Run Saturday 10th Sunday 11th August 2019

Post by MefiEcosse » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Need to get back to you on this one Peter, bang middle of our holidays so might tie it in with another day or 2 up that direction - :D
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Oh bugger! Would love to do this but it's in the first 2 weeks of school holidays and we'll be in Cornwall with the kids....Aaagh ! :(
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:07 am

Put me down for this one Peter for the Saturday drive..... won't be able to do the full weekend, unfortunately.
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:53 am

craig3.2 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:07 am Put me down for this one Peter for the Saturday drive..... won't be able to do the full weekend, unfortunately.
Craig, no worries, it will make a great days drive for you!

I’ll start publishing calls for interest in May...

Peter

Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:24 pm

These are truly epic roads with great views (weather permitting ) -I travel down to Machrihanish with SWMBO on a regular basis where we have our holiday flat (right next the Clubhouse which is no longer there after burning down in Dec )
Not sure if i'll be there that weekend
Dont know about the hotels in Tarbert but its a lovely wee fishing village
Present : 987 Box
Past history : ,Z4MR ,Cat HPC evo , XKR , Eunos VR , Eunos VS, Westie S8 ,TVR S2 , S54 Z3MR, SL500 , TVR Wedge 4.6 , Cat Xflow , Saab 900 Turbo ,Cat VXE ,Cat BDR, Cat Twincam , Elan S3 , Haldane Healey, Lancia HF turbo

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:32 pm

Mad Professor wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:24 pm These are truly epic roads with great views (weather permitting ) -I travel down to Machrihanish with SWMBO on a regular basis where we have our holiday flat (right next the Clubhouse which is no longer there after burning down in Dec )
Not sure if i'll be there that weekend
Dont know about the hotels in Tarbert but its a lovely wee fishing village
Hello, I've not been there yet, however by sailing buddy says that Tarbert is great as a base..we are looking forward to it!!

The Michelin map shows several 'scenic' roads..so we are hoping for great things :driving:

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:42 pm

We're booked for a 2 day visit in the Loch Shiel area on 12th and 13th August - we cant do the Saturday but could potentially book an extra night, travel up early on the Sunday morning and do a bit of the trip.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:48 pm

MefiEcosse wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:42 pm We're booked for a 2 day visit in the Loch Shiel area on 12th and 13th August - we cant do the Saturday but could potentially book an extra night, travel up early on the Sunday morning and do a bit of the trip.
Hi Richard, your welcome whichever way you want to play it..overnight accomo on the Saturday night is my concern, but that decouples you from that issue! :thumbsup:

I'll issue route and timing plan in due course.. :driving:

MefiEcosse

Post by MefiEcosse » Wed May 15, 2019 12:35 pm

Sorry Peter, we tried to alter our bookings to tie in with this but its not going to be possible I'm afraid. :(
Hope it goes well! :driving:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Wed May 15, 2019 6:31 pm

Richie, no worries, maybe another time?

I'll start doing a call for this post the NC500 bash.. :thumbsup: :driving:

Pbondar

Mull of Kintyre / Scottish West Coast Run Saturday 10th Sunday 11th August 2019 Gate now opening!

Post by Pbondar » Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 pm

A wee reminder for this run, fresh call for those interested.

A new run from the purveyors of fine Scottish drives: The inaugural 2019 West Coast Scottish weekend tour. :thumbsup:

Starting on Saturday morning from near Glasgow Airport heading cross country to the top of Loch Fyne and then down to the Mull of Kintyre. Stopping on the Saturday night in the picturesque sailing port of East Tarbert. 213 miles and a long day drive due to nature of the roads. :driving:

Sunday takes us the west coast to Corran, hopping across to the ring around Loch Shiel, before heading on new roads back to Loch Lomond. Around 270 miles and another long day. :driving:

Accommodation for the overnight stop(s) is now filling up, so its time to start making booking confirmations

1. Pbondar /Peter+Mo/Yellow/ E89 / Definite!

Alfa2

Mull of Kintyre / Scottish West Coast Run Saturday 10th Sunday 11th August 2019 Gate now opening!

Post by Alfa2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi Peter,

I will meet up with you on the Sunday if that’s okay. Have to say the route you are planning looks incredible but I am on family holiday the week before and would be pushing it disappearing to go driving for the weekend. :D

Hope to see you anyway for some if not all of day 2.

Cheers Gary

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Alfa2 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 pm Hi Peter,

I will meet up with you on the Sunday if that’s okay. Have to say the route you are planning looks incredible but I am on family holiday the week before and would be pushing it disappearing to go driving for the weekend. :D

Hope to see you anyway for some if not all of day 2.

Cheers Gary
No worries, I'll be issuing instructions closer to the time, what car will it be? pax?

Alfa2

Post by Alfa2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Westy or VTR and it’s the Westy every time :D

Passenger or not no idea yet. My son may be up for it. If I could confirm nearer the time.