Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

"Z" Karting Event

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
exdos

"Z" Karting Event

Post by exdos » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Over on Z3MCoupe.com forum we’re organising a karting event to take place at Daytona Karting in Milton Keynes. Z3 M Coupe ownership is small in number so we’ve decided to widen the event to be a “Z” owner’s event, to include all Z3 (E36) and Z4 (E85, E86 and E89) owners.

As yet, the date and format of the event has not been finalised, since this will be dependent upon the numbers and choice of participants.

Therefore, I am announcing the event on this forum in order to bring it to the attention of the Z4 forum membership in the hope that a good number of owners from this forum will wish to participate with us and which we hope will be a big success and become an annual occasion.

The thread for this can be found here: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthr ... post179190

Enquiries have been made to Daytona and below is the framework of the possible formats (as posted in the linked thread). If you’d like to take part, please can you express your interest by adding your name to a list as a reply to this thread..

Number / Name:
1. David (Seca Blue) (Z3MC)
2. Howiez (Z3MC)
3. Exdos (Z3MC)
4. Ian_C (Z3MC)
5. Chris (C_W) +2 (Z3MC)
8. Rags (Z3MC)
9. Mnbrennan (Z3MC)
10. BmBabe (Z3MC)
etc.

As an owner of a Z3MC and a Z4MC I will have mixed loyalties as to which side proves best on track but simply hope that the event will be a most enjoyable time for all.:driving:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Below is the basis of the the event as posted on the Z3MCoupe thread

OK here are the karting details you've all been waiting for...

The following is based on us having the circuit to ourselves for the whole day resulting in hours of driving and car based gas bagging...

Venue - Daytona Milton Keynes

Target date is late October/Early November and I can arrange for a Saturday.
We will use the 390cc 4 stroke SODI karts - I'll leave the DMAX karts for next time...

Morning Sprint race - minimum 10 drivers
10am arrival
Individual entries, 20 minute qualification, grid start, 20 min main race.
£55 per person.

12-1 Lunch(bring your own or eat there).

3 hour endurance - minimum 10 teams
Circa 2pm start.
3 person team entry, 10 min qualification, grid start, 180 mins racing. So each driver gets 2 sessions of 30 mins each.
£390 per team(£130 each). You could reduce this by adding a 4th driver, but you'd get less track time each obvs.

NOTE - Obviously we all drive drive 2 seaters, so 3 person teams might be tough to arrange. If that's the case I have a plan for those that need it.

Circa 5.30pm.

Awards and general comments about cheating, dodgy carts and how you can barely walk any more.

Home time.

Could you please update your preferences below as I've done.

Could you put a deadline of 1st October to confirm interest please.

I think it'll be a good way of getting everyone together, especially as we're now planning to share things like Silverstone going forward.

I'll need to put a fairly hefty deposit down so we'll talk about that once we have the numbers.

Lastly, I just want you to be aware that if you are the competitive type, this can be extremely hard work, so expect to have discovered a few new muscles by the end of the day, and acquired a sore bit or 2, particularly if you're doing the full day. DON'T be put off, just consider perhaps doing either the sprint or the enduro if you've never been before.

I think that's it, please respond asap. The longer we wait, the colder it'll be...

Cheers,

David.
Last edited by exdos on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

"Z" Karting Event

Post by Jembo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:20 pm

I don’t think I could survive the 2 hour drive back to Kent after that length of Karting, though thanks for sharing
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

cerbera

"Z" Karting Event

Post by cerbera » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:04 pm

Was going to say love to but a bit too far, but then saw two names from the North West area. If I can tag along with one of those going down I'll join.
2. Howiez (Z3MC)
3. Exdos (Z3MC)
4. Ian_C (Z3MC)
5. Chris (C_W) +2 (Z3MC)
8. Rags (Z3MC)
9. Mnbrennan (Z3MC)
10. BmBabe (Z3MC)
11. cerbera - Nick (Z4Forum)

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

"Z" Karting Event

Post by john-e89 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Put me down please Exdos... :thumbsup: :driving:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

cerbera

"Z" Karting Event

Post by cerbera » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:28 pm

john-e89 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 pm Put me down please Exdos... :thumbsup: :driving:
Psst, think you’re supposed to copy the list and add your name :D

exdos

"Z" Karting Event

Post by exdos » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:30 pm

2. Howiez (Z3MC)
3. Exdos (Z3MC)
4. Ian_C (Z3MC)
5. Chris (C_W) +2 (Z3MC)
8. Rags (Z3MC)
9. Mnbrennan (Z3MC)
10. BmBabe (Z3MC)
12. john-e89 (Z4Forum)

Nash3vans

"Z" Karting Event

Post by Nash3vans » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:33 pm

exdos wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:30 pm 1. David (Seca Blue) (Z3MC)
2. Howiez (Z3MC)
3. Exdos (Z3MC)
4. Ian_C (Z3MC)
5. Chris (C_W) +2 (Z3MC)
8. Rags (Z3MC)
9. Mnbrennan (Z3MC)
10. BmBabe (Z3MC)
12. john-e89 (Z4Forum)
13. Nash3vans (z4forum)
2005 merlot 2.5 auto.313s.e46 m3 front brakes.Strut brace,poly bush’s front, m front bumper,modified grilles,bc racing coilovers,facelift lights all round,modified rear bumper,s/wheel retrimmed, Merc slk seats. scorpion exhaust, many interior mods.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

"Z" Karting Event

Post by buzyg » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:42 pm

Sounds like a perfect day out. I raced karts for a season, many years ago such fun devices. :driving: bit too far from here though. Have a great day. :thumbsup:

cerbera

"Z" Karting Event

Post by cerbera » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:38 pm

Any progress on the date? Trying to put other things in the calendar around the end Oct early Nov.

exdos

"Z" Karting Event

Post by exdos » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:31 pm

cerbera wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:38 pm Any progress on the date? Trying to put other things in the calendar around the end Oct early Nov.
As far as I know, nothing has been decided yet. I think the arrangements will be dependent upon the numbers of interested people and, as I understand, the organiser is waiting to see how many that will be by the end of this month. I will post any further details as soon as I am told. :thumbsup:

Lazza

"Z" Karting Event

Post by Lazza » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:16 pm

I did a 24 hour endurance race there back in May. It was great fun and it's a great track with a mix of high speed and technical sections. Very hard work but rewarding. I was in a team of 6 and we were doing 1 hour 45 min sessions - about as far as we could go without refueling. The first 30 minutes is the hardest, after that you get into a groove and the time starts to go by quickly.
only one problem for me - I had a little bit of an "off". Backwards into the tyre barrier just before the main straight, rear right corner impacting first. I got going again straight away and the kart felt fine but I wasn't aware at the time (it was around 2am and over 1.5 hours into a session) that I'd actually injured myself quite badly. Cracked a rib and tore some rib muscles. Still did another 45 minutes later in the morning but was in too much pain to do any more so had to abort and hand over to someone else.
Amazingly, when the last guy finished the last lap, around 100 meters after passing the checkered flag, the rear axle broke! Pretty sure that was due to my crash!

So yes, I would be up for it but I think It'll be at least a year before I can get back into a kart. I still have a lump on my rib and some soreness in the muscles, even now nearly 7 months later! :roll:
Z4 S-Drive 35i
Audi TT S-line
Mazda MX5 Mk2.5 (for sale)
Wokingham Berkshire

cerbera

"Z" Karting Event

Post by cerbera » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Is this being looked at for this year?

Nash3vans

"Z" Karting Event

Post by Nash3vans » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:51 pm

It was for 2018, It all went quiet :(
2005 merlot 2.5 auto.313s.e46 m3 front brakes.Strut brace,poly bush’s front, m front bumper,modified grilles,bc racing coilovers,facelift lights all round,modified rear bumper,s/wheel retrimmed, Merc slk seats. scorpion exhaust, many interior mods.

exdos

"Z" Karting Event

Post by exdos » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:17 pm

I shall make an enquiry to the guy who started the idea on the Z3 M Coupe forum and I'll get back if there's any news.