Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Launching a new European Driving Tour Rally

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
shuey

Post by shuey » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Monaco84 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:59 pm Keep in mind that german police does not like groups racing the autobahn :cry:
Yeh to be honest the aim for me At this stage is to keep it simple and not too gumball like, just means I can keeps costs as low as poss for everyone, and give people the flexibility to not always be in convoy, even though routes will be given etc.

Anyway early days yet
M2 OG / Manual / Grey

Previous
Z4C Si Sport / Manual / Alpine White
350Z VQ35DE / Manual / Silver
Seat Leon Cupra MKII / Manual / Silver
Ford Puma 1.7
Rover 214 Si (I know!)

shuey

Post by shuey » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:14 pm

mcbutler wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:46 pm What do you consider the effects of Brexit may be on this adventure? Hard to say I know but worth keeping in mind.
Yeh, god dam brexit! I guess I have to play it by ear and see what happens... and if for some reason it can’t happen, there’s always the Dubai trip - and trust me that’s something that would be out of this world for a car guy
M2 OG / Manual / Grey

Previous
Ford Puma 1.7
Rover 214 Si (I know!)

jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:41 pm

i filled it out, nice idea. Good luck with it :)

I forgot to add there's certainly different types of tour - long Euro trips - but as you say, also shorter 'lets do evo triangle' weekends, and i'd even argue there's space in the market for a day trip.. regional type driving. i did this myself last saturday, toured a few supercar garages punctuated by 30-60-90mins of fun roads between, narrowly avoided buying a Performante, etcetc.

For single day events cost would probably need to be pretty low for someone to be interested. But if you can do something for relatively low money (~tank of fuel price) and include some organised perks like discount tshirts or similar merch to justify the cost, group lunch booking, destination tour/test drive or something. The profit may be small but you may earn a following (and trust) to entice people on to larger trips. I think having a community of interested people is helpful.

These sort of day events are common on forums (albeit rarer now on Z4-forum), but often don't entice much of a variety of cars and hard to source a decent (10-20) enough number from one forum alone.

Sadly i'm booked up for your Welsh run - coincidentally at a wedding.. in wales.., if you happen to pass through Crickhowell let me know ;)
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

shuey

Post by shuey » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:31 pm

Thanks Jimmy :thumbsup:

I hear you about regional one day trips - certainly something I'll start to promote early Spring - as I tend to go for a drive more or less every other weekend just to discover new roads. As for nearly buying a Performante... brilliant! I'm still a few years off being able to do that yet... as you do!

Yeh I think for me, it's always about a variety of cars, rather than a one make road trip... and the north west is a bit lacking in terms of a mixture of cars taking part.

In terms Wales, I've decided to postpone the welsh run til spring, unfortunately, but positively all the interest is for the European and Dubai trip next year. I'm thinking the weather may be something to do with it too... not sure the floods would have worked in my favour!

jimmybell wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:41 pm i filled it out, nice idea. Good luck with it :)

I forgot to add there's certainly different types of tour - long Euro trips - but as you say, also shorter 'lets do evo triangle' weekends, and i'd even argue there's space in the market for a day trip.. regional type driving. i did this myself last saturday, toured a few supercar garages punctuated by 30-60-90mins of fun roads between, narrowly avoided buying a Performante, etcetc.

For single day events cost would probably need to be pretty low for someone to be interested. But if you can do something for relatively low money (~tank of fuel price) and include some organised perks like discount tshirts or similar merch to justify the cost, group lunch booking, destination tour/test drive or something. The profit may be small but you may earn a following (and trust) to entice people on to larger trips. I think having a community of interested people is helpful.

These sort of day events are common on forums (albeit rarer now on Z4-forum), but often don't entice much of a variety of cars and hard to source a decent (10-20) enough number from one forum alone.

Sadly i'm booked up for your Welsh run - coincidentally at a wedding.. in wales.., if you happen to pass through Crickhowell let me know ;)
M2 OG / Manual / Grey

Previous
Ford Puma 1.7
Rover 214 Si (I know!)