Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Duxford Spring Car Show 2018

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Finally, I have put an application in for a pitch today, Duxford have been a bit slow arranging this year for some reason.
This year it’s not a pay at the gate affair, each member attending has to purchase a ticket and display permit from the Duxford website, which I can’t seem to see on their site as yet.
When the application is accepted they will issue me with a promo code each member will have to use when purchasing tickets. I will post this up when I receive confirmation from Duxford.

Prices for this year are
Adult £13
Child under 16. £6.50
Under 5’s free.

It’s been a good turnout the last 4 years we’ve been going so let’s have some more names on the list😀😀

I’ll keep you posted.
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

AZ4MW

Post by AZ4MW » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:55 am

That’s good hopefully you will hear soon 👍
06 Z4///M Roadster Sapphire Black
"I love it"

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:41 pm

Nice one, will keep an eye on this then. :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:46 pm

RIGHT!!!

After giving it some serious thought I'm afraid I’m going to have to cancel this event for a couple of reasons.
Duxford have this year changed registration and admission, supposedly issuing me with a Promo code to issue to you lads to purchase your own tickets and permit for entry.
They did reply stating they had received my application for a pitch and would send me the Promo code but as of yet I’v heard nothing from them, not even replying to my emails asking when I’m going to get the code, there’s not even anywhere on their website to purchase tickets and permits for the show yet😡😡
They seem rather laxed this year, don’t know if they have new management or what but it’s not wearing with me this time, I’m feeling frustrated.
I’m not happy doing this after having good shows the last 4 years. I’m surprised at the lack of response from the forum aswell, normally by now I have a good long list of names.

I’ll listen to any comments🤔🤔
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

Stu Boy

Post by Stu Boy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:10 pm

What a shame Russ as this is a great venue for a static meet. :( If they have new management running the place then they are shite and should be sacked. I'm also gobsmacked at the poor take up from here as its a rare opportunity for members to actually meet and get to know each other face to face.
2007 Z4 ///M Roadster, Black Sapphire, Nav, Deflector, Eibach's, Bilstein B6's, OEM CSL's 6 Pot BMW Performance Calipers

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:29 pm

Sad times but many many thanks Russ for all your efforts over the previous years. Very much appreciated. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:45 pm

I know members would be disappointed just as much as I am but I think it’s mainly the lack of response from the forum that made me decide on this.

Mmmm
I’ll send them another email and give them till end of Monday to respond back to me with the Promo code needed.

I personally think they have taken humbridge to all the complaints they received after last years entry fiasco.
I’ll keep you updated.
In the meantime I’ll keep the list, so still taking names as of now.
Shame to sacrifice a good show.

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:07 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:39 pm

I’ve finally asked Duxford to cancel the pitch due to them dragging their heels and also lack of response from here.
They still haven’t issued me with a promo code, even if they did now it wouldn’t give much time for members to purchase tickets.
Sorry I’v had to do this but they’re not my best friends at the mo🤣
It’s a shame as previous years have been good shows.
😢😢

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:56 pm

thanks for your efforts Russ, very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

AZ4MW

Post by AZ4MW » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:52 pm

You’ve tried your Best Russ thanks for your efforts been a good show in the past such a shame one less run out for my old girl this year
06 Z4///M Roadster Sapphire Black
"I love it"

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:22 pm

AZ4MW wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:52 pm You’ve tried your Best Russ thanks for your efforts been a good show in the past such a shame one less run out for my old girl this year

I’m gutted myself, I was hesitant to cancel, also the lack of response from here surprised me.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:34 pm

Russ59 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:22 pm I’m gutted myself, I was hesitant to cancel, also the lack of response from here surprised me.
To be fair I don't think the uncertainty of the plans, and EssexZed's disappointment at last year's arrangements helped with the response on here! (And I really don't mean that as any sort of criticism).

I might well have been interested, but was waiting to see how it panned out - which ultimately wasn't too well. :(

It's a great venue after all - I was up there a week or so ago with a mate for the viewing day for the H & H auction. After we had seen what he was interested in we had a leisurely wander around the main display - so many iconic aeroplanes.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:21 am

Would have been up for this had I not already had bank holiday plans. Really enjoyed last year’s event and I’m sorry it hasn’t worked out this year Russ, despite your efforts.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:37 am

Please add me
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics