North East Meet?

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Eddy Matthews
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: Pickering, North Yorkshire

North East Meet?

Post by Eddy Matthews » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi all,

Would anyone be interested in a North East meet? I'm thinking of the North Yorks Moors, or the Yorkshire Dales.... Maybe with a stop for lunch somewhere and a stop at a local attraction such as Whitby etc... (open to suggestions!)

I just want to gauge the level of interest (if any), for a meet - Perhaps in May/June next year when the weather is better?

Please post your name if your interested, and give any suggestions for venue etc.

Regards
Eddy
Last edited by Eddy Matthews on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Boris
Member
Member
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 10:23 am
Location: Durham

North East Meet?

Post by Boris » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi Eddy,

Would be interested if the dates were right all the places you suggest are fine with me.

You should add your location to your profile btw.
Cheers

Nev

Eddy Matthews
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: Pickering, North Yorkshire

North East Meet?

Post by Eddy Matthews » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:41 pm

Boris wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:20 pm
You should add your location to your profile btw.
Cheers

Nev
Thanks Nev.... Consider it done :thumbsup:

Regards
Eddy

User avatar
ph001
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:53 pm
Location: N. Yorkshire.

North East Meet?

Post by ph001 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 pm

Yes, I'd be interested in that. I have a super driving route through the dales to Ribblehead viaduct if interested.
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual.

User avatar
patriot66
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:59 am
Location: Mawdesley, Lancashire

North East Meet?

Post by patriot66 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:29 pm

I would definitely be interested. Great driving to be had in both the Dales and Moors. Would you be thinking of driving both areas in a day or over a weekend etc ? Richmond is a nice place to meet or stop at and is roughly half way between the two areas. :thumbsup:
'03 Sterling Grey 2.5i SE / SMG / Matching Hardtop / Gloss Black MV3s / Bilstein B4s / DLV Backbox / Carbon-wrapped Interior Trim / Re-Covered Steering Wheel / De-tango'd !

Eddy Matthews
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: Pickering, North Yorkshire

North East Meet?

Post by Eddy Matthews » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:18 pm

patriot66 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:29 pm
I would definitely be interested. Great driving to be had in both the Dales and Moors. Would you be thinking of driving both areas in a day or over a weekend etc ? Richmond is a nice place to meet or stop at and is roughly half way between the two areas. :thumbsup:
We could certainly make it a weekend and do both areas if thats what people wanted? Any comments anyone?

Regards
Eddy

Eddy Matthews
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: Pickering, North Yorkshire

North East Meet?

Post by Eddy Matthews » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:20 pm

ph001 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 pm
Yes, I'd be interested in that. I have a super driving route through the dales to Ribblehead viaduct if interested.
I would certainly like to hear of the route you have up to the Ribblehead viaduct - Never been there myself but have seen it on TV many times... Looks gorgeous scenery!

Regards
Eddy

User avatar
patriot66
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:59 am
Location: Mawdesley, Lancashire

North East Meet?

Post by patriot66 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Eddy Matthews wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:20 pm
ph001 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 pm
Yes, I'd be interested in that. I have a super driving route through the dales to Ribblehead viaduct if interested.
I would certainly like to hear of the route you have up to the Ribblehead viaduct - Never been there myself but have seen it on TV many times... Looks gorgeous scenery!

Regards
Eddy
Ribblehead Viaduct, June 2016. :D
20160529_214008.png
20160529_214008.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 626 times
This is looking south on the excellent B6255 Hawes to Ingleton road. The B6479 from Ribblehead to Settle is also superb. :thumbsup:
'03 Sterling Grey 2.5i SE / SMG / Matching Hardtop / Gloss Black MV3s / Bilstein B4s / DLV Backbox / Carbon-wrapped Interior Trim / Re-Covered Steering Wheel / De-tango'd !

User avatar
earthdweller
Member
Member
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:05 pm

North East Meet?

Post by earthdweller » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:43 pm

I think we could be looking at two different meets to be fair

Whitby/Scarborough and the NYM is a long way from the western dales

I’m sure I’d be up for a trip over to the Eastside

Perhaps with our knowledge of the west side ... me patriot and others could come up with another weekend on the amazing roads of the lancs/Yorks Border

Thoughts ?

Andy
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather,

Eddy Matthews
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: Pickering, North Yorkshire

North East Meet?

Post by Eddy Matthews » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 pm

earthdweller wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:43 pm
I think we could be looking at two different meets to be fair

Whitby/Scarborough and the NYM is a long way from the western dales

I’m sure I’d be up for a trip over to the Eastside

Perhaps with our knowledge of the west side ... me patriot and others could come up with another weekend on the amazing roads of the lancs/Yorks Border

Thoughts ?

Andy
I was thinking of doing the Dales one day, and then the NY Moors the next. Members could then choose to do one or the other or both... As NE meets seem to be poorly supported generally, it would be a wrong move to do two seperate meets IMHO as it would dilute the numbers attending.

Having said that, I'm open to other peoples opinions and thoughts on the matter... Things are NOT cast in stone!

Regards
Eddy

User avatar
Boris
Member
Member
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 10:23 am
Location: Durham

North East Meet?

Post by Boris » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:59 pm

The only problem after calling it a NE meet then extending it nearly into Lanc is some people just don't want to travel that far for a day out.
I class the North East as Northumberland, Durham and N Yorks .

We had this with the bike club I've ben a member of for years and it caused loads of problems trying to cater for everyone and it doesn't work, If people from outside the NE want to travel to the NE meet then I would say great, but keep the NE meet in the NE :-)

I used to organise the Bike club NE Christmas do for years, it was so popular we eventually had people from the south coast and London coming up and staying for the do but it was still in the NE, well Leyburn to be precise. :thumbsup:

MJJamieson
Member
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:02 pm
Location: Teesside

North East Meet?

Post by MJJamieson » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Would love a NE meet/Drive but cars laid up now till the sun comes back out!!!
2004 E85 Z4 2.5i SE Sterling Grey.

User avatar
patriot66
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:59 am
Location: Mawdesley, Lancashire

North East Meet?

Post by patriot66 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:48 pm

I like Eddys idea of driving the Y.Dales one day and the N.Y.Moors the following day or vice versa with a nice B+B stop-over in between. People can then choose to drive one day, the other or both as they like. How about referring to this as the 'Dales & Moors' Weekend ?
'03 Sterling Grey 2.5i SE / SMG / Matching Hardtop / Gloss Black MV3s / Bilstein B4s / DLV Backbox / Carbon-wrapped Interior Trim / Re-Covered Steering Wheel / De-tango'd !

Eddy Matthews
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: Pickering, North Yorkshire

North East Meet?

Post by Eddy Matthews » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:18 am

MJJamieson wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:02 pm
Would love a NE meet/Drive but cars laid up now till the sun comes back out!!!
That's why I suggested May/June next year :D

Regards
Eddy

Eddy Matthews
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: Pickering, North Yorkshire

North East Meet?

Post by Eddy Matthews » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:25 am

patriot66 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:48 pm
I like Eddys idea of driving the Y.Dales one day and the N.Y.Moors the following day or vice versa with a nice B+B stop-over in between. People can then choose to drive one day, the other or both as they like. How about referring to this as the 'Dales & Moors' Weekend ?
Calling it the "Dales and Moors" weekend sounds like a very appropriate name to me!

Maybe a stop-over in Thirsk (James Herriot country) would be fairly central for those wishing to do both days? I would only say that booking up a B&B would be down to the individual concerned as I wouldn't want to get involved with that side of things - I've had experience before of booking accomodation for people only to find they don't turn up, causing all sorts of problems!

Regards
Eddy

Post Reply