midlands meet reboot

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

midlands meet reboot

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 am

Well Felix, that's thinking outside the box, that's never occurred to me ever... Service stations. OK I will put that into the options box too.
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

User avatar
Felix79
Member
Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 am
Location: Oxford

midlands meet reboot

Post by Felix79 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:12 am

road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 am
Well Felix, that's thinking outside the box, that's never occurred to me ever... Service stations. OK I will put that into the options box too.
Thanks "RW" ,

It's kinda how meets use to happen in the 60's for the bike scene. Obviously they were cafe's like Ace Cafe and you would see bikes racing from one service stop to the next, hence you have the style of fast bikes known as Cafe racers.

These days, they are just service stations and can handle a big influx of cars and you have more room to sit inside.

I'm just glad that you don't think I'm being stupid by recommending them.
Image

User avatar
MerBrook
Member
Member
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:26 pm

midlands meet reboot

Post by MerBrook » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:35 am

Hi all, sounds good for a meet. Could I throw this place into the mix. http://caffeineandmachine.com/
Has ample parking and quite often seems to have an interesting range of cars turning up. Also does food etc.
Image
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

midlands meet reboot

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:13 am

It looks great but a bit far for a Midlands meet so will leave it with you as a Oxford area meet :driving:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

midlands meet reboot

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:44 am

I have been reminded by a good freind that there is a good meet organised at donnington park on the 16th dec !
could be a good one - brekkie for around 150 across clubs so far :)
be prepared to find all sorts of fine machinery to lust after..

ok im gonna go there 8:20 onwards i think .. lots to see and do - a good start for the midlands posse i think :)
who is up for it - a break from the Christmas hoo ha !


https://www.facebook.com/events/704747296549404/
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

midlands meet reboot

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Felix79 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:12 am
road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 am
Well Felix, that's thinking outside the box, that's never occurred to me ever... Service stations. OK I will put that into the options box too.
Thanks "RW" ,

It's kinda how meets use to happen in the 60's for the bike scene. Obviously they were cafe's like Ace Cafe and you would see bikes racing from one service stop to the next, hence you have the style of fast bikes known as Cafe racers.

These days, they are just service stations and can handle a big influx of cars and you have more room to sit inside.

I'm just glad that you don't think I'm being stupid by recommending them.
NOPE :) motorway service stations were legend for bands travelling home after gigs - they used to meet up at Watford Gap - famous for it !
Last edited by road warrior on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

midlands meet reboot

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 pm

MerBrook wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:35 am
Hi all, sounds good for a meet. Could I throw this place into the mix. http://caffeineandmachine.com/
Has ample parking and quite often seems to have an interesting range of cars turning up. Also does food etc.
Can I save this one for a summer run please ? it looks great
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

User avatar
MerBrook
Member
Member
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:26 pm

midlands meet reboot

Post by MerBrook » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:07 pm

road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 pm
MerBrook wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:35 am
Hi all, sounds good for a meet. Could I throw this place into the mix. http://caffeineandmachine.com
Has ample parking and quite often seems to have an interesting range of cars turning up. Also does food etc.
Can I save this one for a summer run please ? it looks great
Hi Road Warrior, I think it would make a good place for a summer meet/run. When ever I go past, there seems to be a diverse collection of cars meeting there.
Although it’s on my doorstep I haven’t had time to pop in yet so will have to do so and find out how you go about having a meet there.
All the best. :driving:
Image
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

midlands meet reboot

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:12 pm

MerBrook wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:07 pm
road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 pm
MerBrook wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:35 am
Hi all, sounds good for a meet. Could I throw this place into the mix. http://caffeineandmachine.com
Has ample parking and quite often seems to have an interesting range of cars turning up. Also does food etc.
Can I save this one for a summer run please ? it looks great
Hi Road Warrior, I think it would make a good place for a summer meet/run. When ever I go past, there seems to be a diverse collection of cars meeting there.
Although it’s on my doorstep I haven’t had time to pop in yet so will have to do so and find out how you go about having a meet there.
All the best. :driving:
great - i nominate you chief organiser :) we will get back to this one eh :thumbsup:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Online
eff1guy
Member
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:31 pm
Location: West Mids

midlands meet reboot

Post by eff1guy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 pm

road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:44 am
I have been reminded by a good freind that there is a good meet organised at donnington park on the 16th dec !
could be a good one - brekkie for around 150 across clubs so far :)
be prepared to find all sorts of fine machinery to lust after..

ok im gonna go there 8:20 onwards i think .. lots to see and do - a good start for the midlands posse i think :)
who is up for it - a break from the Christmas hoo ha !


https://www.facebook.com/events/704747296549404/
I'm a possible for this, sounds good :thumbsup:
Will have to check with 'er' indoors to make sure there's nothing planned I'm not aware of :rofl:
Image
Deep Sea Blue

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

midlands meet reboot

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:18 pm

be good to see you again .. eff :) always best to get a passout .. :)

gents ?
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

User avatar
Felix79
Member
Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 am
Location: Oxford

midlands meet reboot

Post by Felix79 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:22 pm

road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:38 pm
Felix79 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:12 am
road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 am
Well Felix, that's thinking outside the box, that's never occurred to me ever... Service stations. OK I will put that into the options box too.
Thanks "RW" ,

It's kinda how meets use to happen in the 60's for the bike scene. Obviously they were cafe's like Ace Cafe and you would see bikes racing from one service stop to the next, hence you have the style of fast bikes known as Cafe racers.

These days, they are just service stations and can handle a big influx of cars and you have more room to sit inside.

I'm just glad that you don't think I'm being stupid by recommending them.
NOPE :) motorway service stations were legend for bands travelling home after gigs - they used to meet up at Watford Gap - famous for it !
That's what it was. For some reason it twigged in the back of my mind for the service station stuff.

Wasn't it also a service stations during the early to mid 60's that you would start to see Mod's and Rocker , stepping up to knock the living snot out of each other at these places? I know the really famous clash between the two groups happened down in Brighton, but I am sure I've seen it mentioned in a documentary , that bands would often have to leg it from these groups on a regular basis back then.
Image

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

midlands meet reboot

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:28 pm

im sure your right, seems very likely, and now you have reminded me of my biking days and when i heard and saw a benly honda and had a ghostly experience..
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7720
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: In a barn

midlands meet reboot

Post by Smartbear » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:36 pm

road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:28 pm
im sure your right, seems very likely, and now you have reminded me of my biking days and when i heard and saw a benly honda and had a ghostly experience..
I bet you heard the rattling tappets before you saw the bike :P
Rob
Image

e89 Sdrive2.0 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4 :P
e89 Sdrive30i this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si, i foolishly sold my trouble free car...

Online
User avatar
road warrior
Member
Member
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Location: Burton On trent

midlands meet reboot

Post by road warrior » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:49 pm

Smartbear wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:36 pm
road warrior wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:28 pm
im sure your right, seems very likely, and now you have reminded me of my biking days and when i heard and saw a benly honda and had a ghostly experience..
I bet you heard the rattling tappets before you saw the bike :P
Rob
nooo, it howled ! it was a beast of a bike back then.. twice the power of a bantam. and ohc - they had a hissing sound from the engine - and defo no tappet noises
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing...
2.0 e85 with dlv back box mod in Maldives blue
Sterling grey 3.0 se
post whore = cheap, easily available and up for most things.

Post Reply