Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Which Members have Carly and Where?

Discount codes and service & product offerings from forum members
road warrior

Post by road warrior » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:30 pm

please remember that everybody that has carly had a to pay a lot of money and now has a yearly subscription, so when you find your kind helper please dont take the piss and expect it for nothing - is that fair ? :thumbsup:
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Mazza

Post by Mazza » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:33 pm

Can now add me to the list, Martock in Somerset. Just got it but will try anything for beer tokens...xx :thumbsup:

gunners100

Post by gunners100 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:26 pm

Add me too :D

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:19 am

road warrior wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:30 pm please remember that everybody that has carly had a to pay a lot of money and now has a yearly subscription, so when you find your kind helper please dont take the piss and expect it for nothing - is that fair ? :thumbsup:
Nice thought, but some of us already had the 'Pro' version and got automatically upgraded when they changed the licensing method, ie, it costs us nothing so would be cheeky asking for anything more than a 'thanks' for any coding done :thumbsup:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:30 am

indeed, sadly i didnt 8)
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:33 am

road warrior wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:30 am indeed, sadly i didnt 8)
That was a quick reply - you must be burning the midnight oil :lol: . I'm eating my lunch about to head out on another job.
Get some sleep man (unless you're a night shift worker) :wink:

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:37 am

enzed4 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:19 am Nice thought, but some of us already had the 'Pro' version and got automatically upgraded when they changed the licensing method, ie, it costs us nothing so would be cheeky asking for anything more than a 'thanks' for any coding done :thumbsup:
+1.

My personal opinion on offering services is this (and remember, this is just how I personally feel, from my own personal perspective)

I wanted to do some coding. I also wanted to make myself some new keys, so rather than spending £150+ I chose to spend £20, buy an AK90+ and learn how to use it so I can code keys. I bought that equipment, for me, for my own use with zero intention of profiteering - the same goes for the Carly hardware and App (I too already had pro version, so was upgraded to a lifetime version of their new version - so no monthly costs for me.) I have already bought the equipment because I wanted to use it myself. So I did/have/would have spent that money regardless... therefore I offer the service for free or donations should someone want to give me £5 or £10 for a pint or 2. But I just like to try and give back since not everyone can afford the tools, or may simply not have the know how... But I DO have the equipment, the software and the know how, and rather than being like 90% of the world who try and profiteer out of everything or expect monies for something they already bought and would have regardless, I prefer to be one of the few that are simply happy to help others and offer help freely. In fact, the last person I helped drove some 2 hours to get to me in Cambridge, I coded 3 new keys for him (and his wife - she was with the guy whose Z4 it was), and also coded some stuff with Carly. They were then planning to have a wander around Cambridge. He did pay me the cost of the blank keys - material costs... but ZERO markup, I charged the same price I paid from AliExpress... but he also wanted to give me £20 for doing the job - Instead I told him to go and have some dinner in Cambridge with it instead :)

IMO - Don't expect others to sustain your choice to try and keep a subscription active. If you can't afford it, or whatever the case maybe (and I don't mean that to sound negative) - simply cancel the subscription.

That's just my personal opinion though... I don't judge or think negatively of anyone wanting x amount for doing it. I simply like to "give back" in ways that I can. :)
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

road warrior

Post by road warrior » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:26 am

It's just individual feelings, I don't offer a service, I Just enjoy helping, but as i said don't take the piss, we will all have come across someone who has. :thumbsup:

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:21 pm

road warrior wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:26 am It's just individual feelings, I don't offer a service, I Just enjoy helping, but as i said don't take the piss, we will all have come across someone who has. :thumbsup:
'tis very true, there is always someone that does - fortunately I've not yet met them (at least as far as helping people on the forum)
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

LittleZ4

Post by LittleZ4 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:22 pm

I've done a bit of coding for a few as well, never had the piss taken yet. It's unfortunately true that there's a few out there who will.
I've not asked for anything for doing it.......if only "Carly" was the same!!
3.0i Maldives blue, Coilovers, Bola B1's, Buckley06 Gear knob, Handbrake & Indicator badges, Backbox delete, CDV delete, cupra r splitter, RAM air filter, Bigger Brakes, M3 ARB, SMF.

Olv2905

Post by Olv2905 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi all, I have just received my Carly ODB adapter for iOS.
I’m in Cumbria & am offering the use of it for free to forum members.
Op: Please add me to the list. :thumbsup:

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:53 pm

Thanks for the updates everyone! Added quite a few people so this list is fully updated [also includes a few PM'd details I had] :thumbsup:
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:00 pm

SparkyZ4 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:26 pm Hi there...... any one in or near Weybridge that has a Carly, that can help code my E85....... at the right price of course :) :happyclap: :happyclap: :happyclap:
kis wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:25 am
  • Middlesex, Ashford/Feltham (TW15) - Kis
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

bearded_ed

Post by bearded_ed » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:51 am

Hello everyone!
So I am a little confused but also very interested in the whole coding thing.

I'm about to get my Z4, 2004 3.0i.

What sort of thing can be done? I'm in East Sussex by the way and I noticed there's a couple people my way and I'm willing to travel for it.
Current E82 125i M Sport :driving:
SOLD :( 04 Sterling Grey E85 3.0i Manual.

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:31 am

http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge-ba ... -possible/
scroll down and select E8x (2004 - 2013)
:thumbsup: