Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How to install BMW software

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
ZetaTre

How to install BMW software

Post by ZetaTre » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:19 am

I'm not sure if a "How-To" like this already exist. If so, the admin can go ahead and delete this post.

The BMW Club of Bulgaria website (click to be redirected) is sharing several BMW software. That's where I got mine, work fine, and are virus free.
I gave you the root address because there are several interesting things there if you're intersted.
For the software click on "Software":

BMW EBA v2.1: accessories installation procedure

BMW ETK v8.0.2006: electronic parts catalogue.
I don't use it as much anymore since I go on RealOEM. For these of you unfamiliar with this resource, it gives you all the diagrams of the car with all the various parts. All you need to know is the last 7 digits of your VIN.
You can get your parts dept the BMW p/n so you don't have to explain them what you're looking for. The price on RealOEM is the BMW MSRP, so you can tell if your dealership of choice is ripping you off or not.

BMW TIS v03.2006
TIS is the service & repair instructions: this is the reference used by BMW techs to fix your car. It's very useful for several reason: you get an interactive guide on the main steps, get the torque specs, get some pics, etc.
Installation is a little tricky:
Once you burned the DVD go to E:\WIN95\BMW\TIS. Click on "Setup" and follow instructions. Once installation is done go to Start\All Programs\BMW95 and click on "Sysadm". In the top of the window, select TIS\Instal. Follow the instructions.
Once done installation, the program can be found in Start\All Programs\BMW95 and it's called TIS. As on realoem, if you select Vehicle Identification and put in the last 7 digits of your VIN you get the articles that apply to your specific car.

Hope this helps. Let me know if anyone has any problem with this.

2003 Z4 2.5i
2004 X3 3.0i
2002 Ducati Monster S4

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Re: How to install BMW software

Post by gannet » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:37 am

That link not working for me :(
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

ZetaTre

Post by ZetaTre » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:38 pm

gannet wrote:That link not working for me :(
Yea I was told the same thing by another person. I will check it tonight, see what happened and if it's down I'll figure another way to share this. Does anyone knows a place where I can store a couple Gigs worth of stuff?

2003 Z4 2.5i
2004 X3 3.0i
2002 Ducati Monster S4

ZetaTre

Post by ZetaTre » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:57 am

Ok, I have a problem: the EBA is 614MB, TIS is 1.2GB and ETK is 1.4GB. Does anyone have some server space to spare or an idea on where I can park these files?

2003 Z4 2.5i
2004 X3 3.0i
2002 Ducati Monster S4

wooter

Post by wooter » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:35 am

The reason that link does not work anymore I presume is that these software packages are copyrighted materials and are quite expensive for dealers to buy. Don't forget that before you start sharing stuff that isn't yours...
Interlagos blue 2007 BMW Z4 M Roadster, Goodridge brake lines /w Castrol SRF, Pagid R29 pads, CDV removed

BMW^Z4

Post by BMW^Z4 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:38 am

I bought these cds very cheap from fl-ebay :thumbsup:
Sterling grey ,108 starspoke, alarm,KW v3 suspension,clear lights,cd/mp3, ipod 20GB, hardtop,manual,wind deflector, aerodynamic package, silver trim,Michelin pilot sport tyres, cruise control etc ...