Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help with folding roof

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
tommiller

Help with folding roof

Post by tommiller » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:47 am

Hi,

This site has been really useful in working out what's going on with my roof. Basically it's folding almost the whole way back then it feels like it gets jammed. In the past it used to jump past the jam point and settle down as usual. I obviously haven't helped things by pushing it past this point but thanks to the postings I've taken off the "Soft top compartment floor" and found that the plastic strip that runs between the top of the carpet lining and the head rests has bent down and this was catching on the glass as it folded back and stopped it from lying flat. Hopefully the photo below shows the problem:

So the plastic seems to have bent out and I can't bend it back sufficiently to stop it from holding the glass. Is there a way of tightening it? I can't seem to take it off either. Should I just buy a replacement part and if so how do I fit it?

Thanks a lot for any help you can give. I'd rather try and fix it myself than take it to the garage.

Tom