Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Amber sidelighting

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
chrishandscombe

Amber sidelighting

Post by chrishandscombe » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Hello,

i recently changed my standard side light bulbs to an after market white LED style. looked Good but got fed up with seeing the bulb warning light on so i changed them back.

When they were fitted and the side lights were on the cars indicators would be on and work correctly when i needed to indicate
and
when i locked/unlocked the car via the remote they would come on for a brief period in time (the amber bits didnt come on)

ive since changed them back and none of the above happens anymore.
Am i being simple in thinking theres only one way the sidelight bulbs can be fitted as they work when the lights are on?

Anyone else had this problem?

cheers!
3.0 - Merlot red - Black lether - 6000K HID - Alpine CDE-111RHAL - Rear quad lights - Clear 3rd brake light - clear wing repeaters - SPORT BUTTON!! WHOOO - Only zed in the endz

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Amber sidelighting

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Yes - you made a simple mistake of not adding a ballast into the system. LED's are only about 0.1 w Vs a normal 5w bulb. That causes the bulb out warning. The amber indicators come on as an extra visible warning.

Search on here as someone else recently went through this problem and figured it out
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Whitehouse

Post by Whitehouse » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:34 pm

iv seen the led sidelights on ebay that have the resistor built in so no warning light :) thats what il be getting
'05 Z4 2.5i, 19' CSL Replicas, Eibachs, stubby, CDV mod, black grilles, HIDS + LEDs

chrishandscombe

Post by chrishandscombe » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:56 pm

in a way it makes sense to put them back in! looks so cool,
would that still apply to the side lights coming on when locking/unlocking?
3.0 - Merlot red - Black lether - 6000K HID - Alpine CDE-111RHAL - Rear quad lights - Clear 3rd brake light - clear wing repeaters - SPORT BUTTON!! WHOOO - Only zed in the endz

chrishandscombe

Post by chrishandscombe » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:28 am

cj10jeeper wrote:Yes - you made a simple mistake of not adding a ballast into the system. LED's are only about 0.1 w Vs a normal 5w bulb. That causes the bulb out warning. The amber indicators come on as an extra visible warning.

Search on here as someone else recently went through this problem and figured it out

Ive had a look on here with no luck so far, do posts get deleted after a certain amount of time or can the original post author delete it? seen a few things to do my zed now :D

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills