Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tighten Handbrake Help

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
Rudd

Tighten Handbrake Help

Post by Rudd » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi guys,

Over the last couple of weeks the handbrake has felt a little loose and I’m very insecure about leaving it on any hills, in gear or not. I seem to be getting to many clicks on the handbrake and it is coming up higher, even with the double pull technique it isn’t very good.

I have searched and RichardG had a little how to but the image is missing. Anyone able to help with a bit of a how to?

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Tighten Handbrake Help

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Yep - you need to take the rear wheels off then working through a bolt hole (although you can do it with just one wheel bolt out, adjust the rear handbrake shoes up until you can just revolve them with no binding. A couple of dabs on the footbrake centres everything up to make sure adjustment is good. They are old style drum shoes inside the rear disk top hat and a real pita to adjust.

Once done only then mess with the handrake until it is on after 3 or so clicks
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills