Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How to replace cabin air filter?

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
sbtwister

How to replace cabin air filter?

Post by sbtwister » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:35 pm

Tried to replace my cabin air filter today (first time), but couldn't find the thing! Followed the instructions shown by MicronAir, which seemed pretty thorough. I got the panel off below the glove box (LHD), spotted the General Service Module, but did not disconnect, but I could see nothing that looked like an air filter?
Any body have any pictuires or better instructions? The Bosch site seems to be no longer working.
Thanks.
Alpine white Z4 3.0i, Dream red leather, M-sport seats, suspension, Xenons, Hot seats, Prem. sound, XM Radio, Aux in, Strut brace, Black grill, CF Roundels, Stubby, Half foam, MM Tips.

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Re: How to replace cabin air filter?

Post by sk93 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:00 am

:zzzz:

sbtwister

Post by sbtwister » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:35 am

sk93 - Yeah tried these. I followed the MicronAir instructions, but saw nothing resembling an air filter? The Bosch link seems to be broken....
Alpine white Z4 3.0i, Dream red leather, M-sport seats, suspension, Xenons, Hot seats, Prem. sound, XM Radio, Aux in, Strut brace, Black grill, CF Roundels, Stubby, Half foam, MM Tips.

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sk93 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:53 am

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Technical ... lation.pdf

page 11, but these are the same instructions as the MicronAIR.

I know it's a silly question, but you do have a filter?
:zzzz:

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:19 pm

///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

daviddi

Post by daviddi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi there, funny i have just replaced the filter on my ZED, if you had the panel off you are half way there, ok mine is R/H drive and looking up under dash ( a bit awkward i know and you will need a good light) there is a rectangle shaped cover approx 8" x 3" press the clip at the bottom and it will slide down and off , you need to be a bit flexible, but like all things when you 've done it once its easy, be carefull of all the rubbish when you pull the filter out, hope this helps ///////// david

sbtwister

Post by sbtwister » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:35 am

Thanks for the help. I assume that all Zeds have the cabin filter, so I don't think my search is in vain...
Guess I'll get in there again next weekend. The instructions from ehow.com seemed a little different, because they talk about removing the glove box. Is this the case or is it rather remove the panel in front (towards the engine) of the glove box?
As stated previously, I got to the point of finding the General Service Module (the white box in the MicronAir pictures), but have yet to find the elusive filter.

daviddi

Post by daviddi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:40 pm

You dont need to remove glovebox, as i said use a good light and you will see the cover.