Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advice on foot pedals please

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
RX-78

Advice on foot pedals please

Post by RX-78 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:38 pm

Sorry to ask such a newbie question but how do you fit a foot pedal? I've not bought one yet but does it involve any driling/DIY? I read on the web footrest ones will require drillng/cutting.....

And also is it necessary or is it just an eye candy? Does anyone recommend any makes?

Thanks guys! :)
2015 E89 28i auto, mineral white, to be detailed!
2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0si SE Manual, Saphier Black Now gone

Airhead

Re: Advice on foot pedals please

Post by Airhead » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:46 pm

I was thinking about the snappy aluminium pedals and left footrest until I noticed that when I'm driving I can't see the pedals (so certainly no one else can either) and my left foot is nearly always on the footrest, so.......esthetically pointless and IMHO they wouldn't improve my driving. BMW sent me a catalogue recently, which includes the pedals, "a sporty and beautiful touch and even more security thanks to anti-slip construction". Ouf!

Rudd

Post by Rudd » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:53 pm

the only time they look good is when the roof is down, and no1 is in the car. its the only time you can see them really.

i was thinking about them a while ago but as Airhead is saying. whats the point if you cant see them?

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:08 pm

You'd be surprised how visible they are and if the roof is own how many people notice and comment on them.
(Apologies that they have ///M decals they were the only one's on eBay that I could get a footrest that could be modded for the Z4 auto)

Personally I think they are way better with extruded rubber grip strips Vs. the cheap black rubber pedal.

Took about 10 minutes each to fit with a drill and small hex bolts

Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

RX-78

Post by RX-78 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks! I like the pedals CJ - they are the ones I was looking at on ebay (well, manual equivalant).

But as I have no DIY skills, never mind a drill, (and I dont like the thought of putting a hole through my Zed, even on the rubber pedal bits :) ) I might have to give up on the idea.....

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks - RX-78

If you didn't want to drill the pedals I'm sure you could bond them on with some of the super strong adhesives available on the market. The 'no nails' type products would set them rock solid.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

RX-78

Post by RX-78 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:07 pm

Not thought of that CJ! Either way I assume they are permanant mod?

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:11 pm

RX-78 wrote:Not thought of that CJ! Either way I assume they are permanant mod?
No - not at all as with the bolts you'd undo them or cut the adhesive of for that method and then put the original rubber pedal trims back on.

Frankly I'd not bother if I came to sell as they are not that expensive.

RX-78

Post by RX-78 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:19 pm

Hmm, you are right CJ - they are not worth crawing back esp when you can get it for £24 without the foor rest from ebay.

Might go and look for a DIY minded person at work , thanks for advice CJ:)