Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Auto Roof

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
Hunter

Auto Roof

Post by Hunter » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:51 pm

Is there a thread on here already or does any one know what is required to, a,find out if my roof has the key fob operation facility or b,if it hasnt, what is required to install it and at what kinda cost?
Its on a Pre face lift 3.0 se 2004
Thanks guys
E89 S Drive 35iS

Hunter

Re: Auto Roof

Post by Hunter » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Lol, il look mate then ask heaps of questions when i dont understand it!!! Thanks Phil
E89 S Drive 35iS

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:59 pm

PMPL....Very funny!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
E89 S Drive 35iS

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:12 am

Anything guys?
E89 S Drive 35iS

Spikey

Post by Spikey » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:27 am

Just try it....instead of just pushing the open button on your key, press it and hold it

It ususally takes a good 6 secs or so to do anything then the windows drop etc and roof goes down

Mine has just developed a fault where the roof disengages then flips back four inches or so then stops, will have to get it seen to !

If it don't work you can get the key programmed at the dealer, it would appear that costs vary depending on what else is being done at the same time - £35 - £45 norm

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:33 am

Spikey wrote:Just try it....instead of just pushing the open button on your key, press it and hold it

It ususally takes a good 6 secs or so to do anything then the windows drop etc and roof goes down

Mine has just developed a fault where the roof disengages then flips back four inches or so then stops, will have to get it seen to !

If it don't work you can get the key programmed at the dealer, it would appear that costs vary depending on what else is being done at the same time - £35 - £45 norm
Thanks mate, will try that when i get home. Do all zs have this or was it an option? And if it was an option and i dont have it, is it still just a case of getting the key programed?
E89 S Drive 35iS

Spikey

Post by Spikey » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:59 pm

No idea, when I picked up my z I tried it coz it worked like this on a 3 series convertible I had a few years back.

Only thing is it's a bit anoying it doesn't put the roof up as well (arguably more usefull if it starts to rain etc)

good luck

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sk93 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:52 pm

so, if your's doesn't do this, what's involved it getting it to do it?
:zzzz:

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Spikey wrote:No idea, when I picked up my z I tried it coz it worked like this on a 3 series convertible I had a few years back.

Only thing is it's a bit anoying it doesn't put the roof up as well (arguably more usefull if it starts to rain etc)

good luck

Mine does..... put the roof up that is.
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lacroupade » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:16 pm

AlanJ wrote:
Spikey wrote:No idea, when I picked up my z I tried it coz it worked like this on a 3 series convertible I had a few years back.

good luck

Mine does..... put the roof up that is.
exactly what do you press to do that Alan?
==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

daveg

Post by daveg » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:26 am

03 3.0i SE For Sale
Done - P Zero Rosso's | Stubby | 107's | ///M MFSW | ZHP | Cruise | Custom boot/license bulbs | Full circle brake | 330 calipers | EBC Ultimax/Greenstuff | Clear sides rears + 3rd brake | Strut Brace | 4 wheel align