Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How-To requests go here

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
Shipkiller
Lifer
Lifer

Re: How-To requests go here

Post by Shipkiller » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:30 am

Ben. wrote:
Shipkiller wrote:
Ben. wrote:We dont have any Brake Replacement "How Too's"
I'm sure I will manage fine to do the disks and pads without touching the hydraulic system.
Anything I should be warned about?
Once you get the wheels off, you will find that the breaks are a great design. Easy pad replacement.
:thumbsup:

Ben,

The only gotcha would be watch that you don't snap your 'brake wear indicator wires'. They are designed to wear through and ground out and light the brake light. If yours are in good shape, just reuse them.
Mine were on the left front and right rear...

If you have to replace them, I have seen them on the web for about $15.00 each. Not sure what the stealer charges.....
Drives 2008 Z4MC (His) & 2003 Z4 Roadster (Her's)

Ben.

Post by Ben. » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:32 pm

Shipkiller wrote: Ben,

The only gotcha would be watch that you don't snap your 'brake wear indicator wires'. They are designed to wear through and ground out and light the brake light. If yours are in good shape, just reuse them.
Mine were on the left front and right rear...

If you have to replace them, I have seen them on the web for about $15.00 each. Not sure what the stealer charges.....
Ok Thanks - If I use Green Stuff pads (for example) I assume I can't fit the sensors?
Ex-Z owner

Shipkiller
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Shipkiller » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:49 pm

The proper pads for the BMW are designed to have the wear sensors inserted into them...
If they don't have that channel, then they are not designed for the car. It will become clear when you take the pads out. Oh padwan... :rofl:
Last edited by Shipkiller on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kal

Post by kal » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:23 pm

guys i just bought WIND DEFLECTOR but i don't know how to fit them !!

do i need to replace my covers behind the seats ?!

i bought the 3 peice deflectors.

vdt04452

Post by vdt04452 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Does anyone know how to replace dome light? for Z4 M coupe? Thank :roll:

dgm

Post by dgm » Sun May 04, 2008 8:53 pm

Can anyone assist with the best power source to hard wire a speed camera detector on a Z4MC. I'm mounting it above thedash tray in the dash, a switched ignition source anywhere under the dash will do.

UPDATE

Solution found elsewhere, I'll post up the way I went about it.
06 Z4MC, Sapphire black, Aero sideskirts, BMW strutbrace, CSL's, Remus back boxes, Intravee and Alpine DAB

azroadie

Post by azroadie » Wed May 14, 2008 9:29 pm

How can I removed my brake caliper clips? With the chromed ones on the way, I'd like to be ready for this one. Thanks!
Supercharged Metallic Grey 2003 2.5i Z4 roadster, Sport, Premium, convenience, DICE Ipod, tinted winows, xenon, heated seats, clear bra, Falken FK452s, Supersprint Race Exhaust, modified CDV, ESS TS2 Supercharger

Dr.B

A\C not working- "Airbox" replacement

Post by Dr.B » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:03 am

Hopefully someone can give me a few pointers here.

My daughter's 2004 Z4 is in the shop with no A\C ( It's about 110* here in Phoenix today, so obviously this is a significant issue). It blows hot air only, and the dealership tells me the problem is a broken blend door mechanism- specifically the gears in what they are calling the "airbox". Further, this is not covered under the extended warranty(?!), and the estimate is over $2000.

The majority of the cost is the labor- the blend door is buried behind the dash, so they're quoting about 8 hours labor to remove the dash. My Grand Cherokee is notorious for having this problem, and a simple alternative is to cut out the back of the glove box and you can get right to the thing.

So- my question is- anybody know of a simpler approach to the air box. Alternatively, any suggestions before I start tearing into the dash?

Thanks!
Last edited by Dr.B on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Shipkiller
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Shipkiller » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:35 am

azroadie wrote:How can I removed my brake caliper clips? With the chromed ones on the way, I'd like to be ready for this one. Thanks!
Just pry them off with a screwdriver. Carefully.

oliver.brace

Re: How-To requests go here Aux Input?

Post by oliver.brace » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help!

I have recently just bought the Z4 3.0l and am very pleased with it, However i want to connect my i pod to the radio. I have tried an FM transmit but its just to grainy to be a long term option. I have been told that there is an aux cable that can be fitted but because i have a CD changer i im not sure if this is the case. is there any way i can hard wire my i pod to a business radio without disconnecting the CD changer?

Thanks
missing Sat nav, cruise control, xenon facelift lights, z4m rear bumper, z4m bonnett, turbo or supercharger but working on it!!

Ben.

Post by Ben. » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:55 pm

oliver.brace wrote:Hi Guys,

Hope you can help!

I have recently just bought the Z4 3.0l and am very pleased with it, However i want to connect my i pod to the radio. I have tried an FM transmit but its just to grainy to be a long term option. I have been told that there is an aux cable that can be fitted but because i have a CD changer i im not sure if this is the case. is there any way i can hard wire my i pod to a business radio without disconnecting the CD changer?

Thanks
Yep, I have done it to my Sept 04 model
See the Aux DIY thread in the "How To" section, a long read but you will see the answers to all your questions.
Took me 30 mins to fit and i still have my CD changer too
Ex-Z owner

bras0782

Post by bras0782 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:17 pm

oliver.brace wrote:Hi Guys,

Hope you can help!

Thanks
Have a look here and the links I posted within there:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5211
2004, 53 plate, 3.0 Roadster, Sterling Grey

gmaster

Post by gmaster » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi,

I am keen to know how to fit the Aero rear spoiler and Apron. Any ideas would be welcome along with any photos of how it looks.

Spank you very much.

eyup

Post by eyup » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry if its on here but I havent been able to see it but is it possible to reset just the mpg monitor? I have just picked the car up and want to see what I can realistically expect.

Thanks
Coupe - Montego Blue. 108's, simplest mod - second medical box :-)

The journey so far;
i) 1998 Ford Focus 1.8 Litre
ii) The Z
iii) what else is needed?

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:02 pm

Scroll through the options until MPG is showing then press and hold the button for a few seconds until it resets.