Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Z4 2.0 SE Roadster

First port of call for new members
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Re: BMW Z4 2.0 SE Roadster

Post by RickRob » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:40 pm

Thanks for the picture. A 6 cylinder black roadster is definitely the way to go. Very nice.

Loved the ribbon!

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

sasker

Post by sasker » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:54 pm

Looks lovely mate your wife is a luck lady.

You made the right choice going 6 pot too :thumbsup:
///M 2004 E46 M3 Coupe in Mystic Blue

It's all about the ///M Power

sasker

Post by sasker » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:59 pm

paulgs1000 wrote:
sasker wrote:
The 2.0i is plain and simply gutless. If you want a fairly quick car then it has to be a 3.0i or 3.0si. They are fairly quick and sound much nicer than a horrible 4 pot engine. :thumbsup:
I'm so pleased to see the 2.0 litre brigade speaking up for this version of the Zed. There's still some engine prejudice to be found on this forum and it's mis-placed. Having owned both a 2.0 litre and 3.0si I can tell you on the road, the driver makes all the difference and we have some very handy drivers who own 2.0 litres - it's not all about absolute flat out acceleration - they carry corner speed just as well as any other Zed. Those that know, know. . . .
And I liked the sound of my 'horrible' 4 pot, especially where it spent most of it's life, at high revs - smooth and free revving - magic. I also love my 3.0si - a real sense of occasion driving it and a fabulous noise but it doesn't diminish the capabilities and fun had with my previous, capable 2.0i sport.
Not sure if your trying to convince yourself there. :poke: :D

I'd just learn to accept everyone has their own views on cars. It's hardly a prejudice!! :rofl:

maxman

Post by maxman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Mr Chainsaw wrote:Hi
Many thanks for all your replies.....and the subtle hints for photos!
New to all this Photobucket lark so hope this works....will upload more when finished work for the weekend.
As I mentioned previously this was a present for my wife so I had it suitably bedecked and waiting on the drive to surprise her.
Interesting comments on the 4 / 6 cylinder debate. have driven The 2.0l 4 cyl and now the 2.2l 6 Cyl which is the car I bought...so l'll be able to make up my own mind.
Brilliant forum with a wealth of information BTW. Look forward to contributing.

It's looks a nice motor.Having driven both,what convinced you to go for the 2.2 as against the 2.0l

Mr Chainsaw

Post by Mr Chainsaw » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:58 pm

maxman wrote:
Mr Chainsaw wrote:Hi
Many thanks for all your replies.....and the subtle hints for photos!
New to all this Photobucket lark so hope this works....will upload more when finished work for the weekend.
As I mentioned previously this was a present for my wife so I had it suitably bedecked and waiting on the drive to surprise her.
Interesting comments on the 4 / 6 cylinder debate. have driven The 2.0l 4 cyl and now the 2.2l 6 Cyl which is the car I bought...so l'll be able to make up my own mind.
Brilliant forum with a wealth of information BTW. Look forward to contributing.

It's looks a nice motor.Having driven both,what convinced you to go for the 2.2 as against the 2.0l
In answer to your question Maxman it simply came down to availability, proximity, and the superb mechanical and cosmetic condition of the car. The fact that it has only 56k on the clock and a few upgrades was an unexpected bonus too. The guy selling it lived locally as well. As mentioned previously I have no experience or bias between 2.0/2.2/2.5/3.0.......If it had been a 2.0l I would have still bought it. I Have looked at quite a few examples....and none have come anywhere near this car.....it looks and drives ...well ....just WOW!
Quite simply I wanted a Z4 that looked stunning for my Mrs in the colour she loves....and this is it!

sasker

Post by sasker » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:12 pm

Mr Chainsaw have a look on the group buy for Gaptech RCH+ :thumbsup:

It will allow you to open and close the roof with the remote and make the button in the car one touch operation to open or close the roof. It's a great little mod and a 10 minute easy DIY job :D

maxman

Post by maxman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:02 pm

sasker wrote:Mr Chainsaw have a look on the group buy for Gaptech RCH+ :thumbsup:

It will allow you to open and close the roof with the remote and make the button in the car one touch operation to open or close the roof. It's a great little mod and a 10 minute easy DIY job :D
I think 10 minute is a bit optimistic even using the scotchloc connectors ,if you are going to fit the gap tech ,soldering the connections is the best way.
As sasker says it is a good mod on the opening/closing the roof remotely :thumbsup:

sasker

Post by sasker » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:11 pm

maxman wrote:
sasker wrote:Mr Chainsaw have a look on the group buy for Gaptech RCH+ :thumbsup:

I think 10 minute is a bit optimistic even using the scotchloc connectors ,if you are going to fit the gap tech ,soldering the connections is the best way.
As sasker says it is a good mod on the opening/closing the roof remotely :thumbsup:
I bought connectors from Wilkinsons as I wouldn't entertain scotch block ones that came with it. I didn't find the need to solder so it was a very quick job to do :thumbsup:

Soldering though will take a lot longer to do but I preferred the fact it could be easily removed doing it the other way. Although I stuidly left it fitted when a p/x'd my Z a few months ago!! DOH

Mr Chainsaw

Post by Mr Chainsaw » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:48 am

Thanks for the tip mate........much appreciated, will definitely look into that one!

sasker

Post by sasker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:16 am

Mr Chainsaw wrote:

Thanks for the tip mate........much appreciated, will definitely look into that one!
:thumbsup:

Papa_Zee

BMW Z4 2.0 SE Roadster

Post by Papa_Zee » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Mr Chainsaw wrote: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:24 am Hello everyone
I am considering purchasing a BMW Z4 2.0 SE Roadster in black and would appreciate some advice from anyone who is prepared to share.
Please excuse my ignorance but I have limited knowledge in this field.
This model Z4 is for sale at a local dealer for £7500 on a 2006 plate with 48.5k miles. Bodywork condition is stunning apart from a couple of stone chips on the bonnet. The hood motor has been replaced recently also. He is also offering 12 months warranty, and MOT plus oil and filter service.
Have seen similar nationally with around 78-97k miles for around 5.8k. Would 7k be a reasonable deal for an immaculate car with this low mileage?

Cheers hope to hang around!
Do not buy ANY BMW especially a Z4 in SE guise! YOU NEED A SPORT!
E89 35is

GBZ4

BMW Z4 2.0 SE Roadster

Post by GBZ4 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Papa_Zee wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:28 pm
Mr Chainsaw wrote: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:24 am Hello everyone
I am considering purchasing a BMW Z4 2.0 SE Roadster in black and would appreciate some advice from anyone who is prepared to share.
Please excuse my ignorance but I have limited knowledge in this field.
This model Z4 is for sale at a local dealer for £7500 on a 2006 plate with 48.5k miles. Bodywork condition is stunning apart from a couple of stone chips on the bonnet. The hood motor has been replaced recently also. He is also offering 12 months warranty, and MOT plus oil and filter service.
Have seen similar nationally with around 78-97k miles for around 5.8k. Would 7k be a reasonable deal for an immaculate car with this low mileage?

Cheers hope to hang around!
Do not buy ANY BMW especially a Z4 in SE guise! YOU NEED A SPORT!
Excuse me, I think you need to re-evaluate.

A Z4 is more than just a ‘sport’ its an ‘understanding’ yes the ‘Sport’ models are seen as the ‘must have’ but it’s does not always follow. Simple open top motoring harks back to long before ‘heated seats’ and ‘air conditioning’ where standard. I much prefer the simple stuff, which is why my ‘Z’ doesn’t have all the stuff considered as ‘necessary’ by some :thumbsup:
2016 E89 18i Roadster - gone and forgotten