Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

First port of call for new members
hogster

Post by hogster » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Hello to all. I am enjoying reading all the posts. I am however, thinking about buying a Z4 3.0. From what I read so far, it seems like many have alot of issues with this auto. This is making me really think about getting one or not.
Um I like the car, but I'm not sure I want to be dealing with the top not working and all the items to recover from that, creaks, roof liner tears, and the list goes on...... I understand it is a BMW and all that comes with that. I love the look of it and alot of pos. posts from many here. I also read in other sites, pros and cons of this car.
Still reseaching.... Thanks for all the posting here.....

flyboyaj

Re: New member

Post by flyboyaj » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:11 pm

Welcome, hogster! Glad you decided to join us. Any questions you have just ask away. You'll get lots of opinions and great info here. :D
Member ZSCCA

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:29 pm

hogster welcome to the forum... :thumbsup:
The Z4 like any other car will have some problems and most of here want our Z4's perfect all the time and we are not very forgiving of problems. I would suggest that you go to any other dedicated car forum and you will see more problems that will likely exceed what you see here with our Z4's. I have had 2 Z4's with no major problems and the few very minor problems were quickly corrected by my local dealer. I believe the reputation of your local dealer is an important factor in making your buy decision regardless of the marque you decide to purchase.

Since you have not yet made a buy decision I would suggest you take the time to test drive every possible car you might consider and then research it by the various web resources then test drive again as you narrow down the field. If you eventually decide to go with the Z4 I don't think you will be disappointed. If you go with something else let us know. We always welcome comparasions and understand that the Z4 is not for everyone.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:06 am

Welcome to the Forum! As WLH stated, the Z4 is not immune to problems, but by far, has less than many other car brands. Any forum will have a discussion on problems found, and the perusing visitor may be shocked by what they see. Car owners expect everything to be perfect :) I have not had any problems with mine in the 8 months of ownership :thumbsup:

Cheers!
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:54 am

Dido, I have had Zero problems with my 2003 CPO Z4! Well, none that I didn't cause anyway... :evil:
Member ZSCCA

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:32 pm

Welcome and hang around as long as you need to. I think WLH said it all. Take your time, whatever you do don't rush into buying a Z. There are so many variables to consider, but all vehicles have their hiccups. And sometimes, you get a lemon...just ask skelters! :poke:
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

Color

Post by Color » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:45 pm

Welcome Hogster!!

I have to admit, I find my 1-series to be of a better build quality than my Z4.
Weird, huh?

But at least for me, the problems have been minor and all covered by warranty. The engine & drivetrain seems to have sound quality, no problems with these.
And let's not forget, the Z4 has to stand up to a much more brutal treated than the 1 series, at least in my case.

The most important is I would not think twice about buying another, the car is much to fun to let some lesser hiccups spoil the fun!

hogster

Post by hogster » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:29 pm

Thank you all for your feedback.... I have looked at other autos I was just concerned reading from the forums.
I have my eye on a 2003 3.0 sport/prem, conv. packages. 15,000mls 24140km, told very very clean car. Is there anything I should make sure to check? Any quirks I need to address? My concern is buying the first year Z4. However, if very clean, I just might go for it. Keep it a few yrs and then maybe get an MZ4.
Still researching forums and again thanks. I look forward to getting a z4.

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:00 pm

Just 15,000....Wow it is just broken in good as far as the engine goes...Really
My first Zed was a 2003 3.0 sport and was leased. At the end of the 3 year lease it had just over 45,000 mile and ran like a new car. I had only 2 very minor problem that were quickly corrected. I would still be driving the car today except that it was leased and I considered the lease end buy out to be to high. So I showed them. I turned it in and purchased a 2006 3.0si with which I have had zero problems to date and 25,000 miles... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

hogster

Post by hogster » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:57 pm

I know, 15000mls that is why I am going to look at it. Looking forward to seeing it and I'm sure will buy it. It's like new.. I did a carfax, and it didn't show any damage his. But that doeswn't mean everything I know.......

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:46 am

...and now for the important question - what color is it? :D
Member ZSCCA

hogster

Post by hogster » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:26 pm

It is the med. blue with light init. from pic I have. Top is light, not black.