Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What do you really like about your Z4?

First port of call for new members
hkz4

Re: What do you really like about your Z4?

Post by hkz4 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:52 am

Steptronic coupled with the Sport button. :P

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:33 pm

Minor, but I dont like where the window switches are, PITA would be better in the centre link on E46's

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:47 am

Sport Mode doesn't affect steering sensitivity significantly JUST IN MY OPINION; throttle sensitivity is more significant for me. You'll get used to the steering. It's like anything else: do it enough and it'll become 2nd nature. Enjoy your new Z and take your time getting to know it - no worries and no rush :thumbsup:
T.
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:59 am

You'll get used to the steering. It is a bit different. But once you get used to it you'll learn to love it! If you have runflats you may experience some tramlining too - maybe not - I think they fixed that prob on the new models.

My favorite thing about the Zed is this Forum! (sp3ctre - you rock!)
Member ZSCCA

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:21 am

mmm, not sure what's happening in your car Rosie but (I'm sure someone round here will correct me if I am wrong) if the sports buttun is working properly the idea is it stiffens up the steering, it certainly seems to on mine... not enough, but a little bit. If yours is working the opposite way round I'd get it looked at.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:39 pm

sp3ctre wrote:mmm, not sure what's happening in your car Rosie but (I'm sure someone round here will correct me if I am wrong) if the sports buttun is working properly the idea is it stiffens up the steering, it certainly seems to on mine... not enough, but a little bit. If yours is working the opposite way round I'd get it looked at.
X2..

CaZ4

Post by CaZ4 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:45 am

The only vehicles that I have owned that really got me excited have been motorcycles...until now! :D
I love my Z4! I don't love it because it's the greatest performance car...I love it because it's a BMW!
It's classy, it's sexy and it makes me smile every time I open the door 8) !
Andrew and Julie

DaveZ4C

Post by DaveZ4C » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:20 am

sp3ctre wrote:mmm, not sure what's happening in your car Rosie but (I'm sure someone round here will correct me if I am wrong) if the sports buttun is working properly the idea is it stiffens up the steering, it certainly seems to on mine... not enough, but a little bit. If yours is working the opposite way round I'd get it looked at.
Sp3ctre, what do you mean by "stiffens up the steering"? Do you mean it's less flighty/sensitive?

I would like to have more confidence in the steering as I drive down bumpy country roads - at the moment I have to go more slowly than I would in other sports cars because it feels like I might over-correct the steering and dart off into the hedge. The steering response isn't instant - the car moves a little to the left, so I steer a little right, but there's a small delay, then a little too much movement to the right, etc.

If the Sport button makes the car less flighty & more confidence inspiring then I'll put it on down country lanes.

Bob D

Post by Bob D » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:48 pm

The car To dive it is wonderful the feel you get and look of the car I could go on Hell is a BMW Z4 . :D :D :D

JohnZ4greece

Post by JohnZ4greece » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:01 pm

i just love it for the first time i saw it...

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:53 pm

DaveZ4C wrote:I would like to have more confidence in the steering as I drive down bumpy country roads - at the moment I have to go more slowly than I would in other sports cars because it feels like I might over-correct the steering and dart off into the hedge. The steering response isn't instant - the car moves a little to the left, so I steer a little right, but there's a small delay, then a little too much movement to the right, etc.

If the Sport button makes the car less flighty & more confidence inspiring then I'll put it on down country lanes.
Ditching the runflats would sort that for you, but it's a bit awkward when the tyres are new.

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:16 am

mike's right, runflats make running hard on uneven/curved surfaces more difficult to keep control of your car. You have to be more careful but the bumps just make me smile! :D Like anything, do it enough and you'll learn it and make the necessary adjustments.

rosierobins

Post by rosierobins » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:08 am

Stiff, tight.....that's what it is...you've got it.

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:09 am

Damn rosie, when I first read that I thought you were talking about me and you... stiff, tight... LOL :D
Member ZSCCA

rosierobins

Post by rosierobins » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:11 am

fire-n-ice wrote:mike's right, runflats make running hard on uneven/curved surfaces more difficult to keep control of your car. You have to be more careful but the bumps just make me smile! :D Like anything, do it enough and you'll learn it and make the necessary adjustments.
exactly...it was like trying to hang to a bucking bronco. I like my F1's for better handling and they are wearing well too. I have 47K miles and still going on the set i bought to replace the RFT's at about 20K.