Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another new bloke saying hello

First port of call for new members
Ignitor

Another new bloke saying hello

Post by Ignitor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:04 am

Hi all,
thought i'd drop in and say hello. Today i bought a two year old jet black 2.0i SE, just 10k on the clock so the car is in flawless condition! No real upgrades to speak of, 'cept for the great full black leather interior. Only problem is I have to wait till Thursday to collect the car. I doubt i'll sleep much between now and then :)
I'm pretty new to the whole car game, having only owned one previous vehicle, so please forgive any dumb questions i may have to ask in the future. Anyway, i'm glad to have signed up to a forum dedicated to drivers who have exquisite taste. I'll see you on the forums.
Cheers!

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Another new bloke saying hello

Post by WLH » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:23 am

Ignitor...

2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:29 am

Welcome!!! And no such thing as a dumb question on here (ok, leaving myself open here, I know!) :D
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

AlanL

Post by AlanL » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:35 am

:worthless:

Gotta have a proper initiation here....

2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe - Silver Gray, Black Extended Leather, Dark Birch trim
Premium pkg, Sports Pkg, M seats, Clear Bra, Heated seats, NAV, DICE, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:03 pm

welcome to the Forum!
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

Ignitor

Post by Ignitor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:16 pm

I'll get some pics sorted next weekend. I don't get the car until Thursday and I'll be too busy driving it for the first couple of days, but i'll make sure it makes an appearance 8)

Thanks for the welcome Ovrkill. You appear to be a Thrash fan, yeah? DD Verni got me into using BC Rich guitars many, many years ago.
This...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoMCka5bBdU
makes me feel 14 years old all over again

If you're not a Thrash fan, please ignore the above :oops:

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:23 pm

Just got a hold of the NEW Overkill CD, was cranking it on a drive last night :thumbsup: Been following them for at least 16 years now, and they always deliver a great arrangement of music that doesn't sound like it came out of some canned production.
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

Ignitor

Post by Ignitor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:29 pm

Cool! I was always far more of a Slayer & Megadeth fan (still am a little) in the late 80's, but i was constantly impressed by Overkill's sound. The bass is really bright and clear, love it. These days i'm into the heavier stuff like Death & Black metal though.
When i first pick up my Z4, i'm gonna have a copy of Judas Priest's 'Painkiller' for my first trip home. It just seems 'right'. Man, i can hardly wait till then!!

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:59 pm

Ignitor, welcome. Saw Megadeth in 1992 (IIRC, bit hazy about those days :D ) still listen to them now.

BC Rich - I always dreamed of having a Warlock, now I could but what's the point, I can hardly play a note :lol: What guitars have you got?

Ignitor

Post by Ignitor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:29 pm

I saw them on the Clash of the Titans tour with Slayer & Testament in '90 and then on the Rust in Peace tour in 91. Great shows! Were you at the gigs where they had Alice in Chains & The Almighty supporting? Me and some friends like to jam through some of their stuff, especially the Rust in Peace material, Lucretia is a killer to play on bass, especially at the speeds we play it :lol:
I own a Handmade USA through neck Ignitor with a reversed headstock in jet black (rare as rocking horse sh1t & suits my new car 8) ) and a very, very rare early 80's NJ series Ironbird bass which is awesome (fully bound body and neck, trans black, two split coils, sounds like thunder!). I've only ever seen one other of those. I've owned various BCR's (but never a warlock, oddly) over the past 18 years, but i've stopped shopping for them now as i've found my dream combo.

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:25 pm

Your guitars sound absolutely awesome :D

Yep, must have been '91, saw then in Edinburgh. Before the show we hadn't really heard of Alice in Chains, and neither had most people in the queue outside as we waited for the doors to unlock, but once they started they were absolutely awesome. The Almighty lived up to their name, and Megadeth were brilliant too. IIRC the London shows were before ours, and they were getting great reviews in Kerrang.

I loved Rust in Peace but I think my favourite has to be So Far, So Good...

Ah, the memories.

PaulN

Post by PaulN » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:13 pm

HI Mate,

Nice one with the car, Ive got the same and Looks the business.

Just remember to take care as the paint seems very soft, marks show up a little too easily.

Cheers

PaulN
Everything Happens for a Reason!

14 TT Black Edition
07 Z4 2.0 SE Jet Black
06 Freelander Sport Java Black

Ignitor

Post by Ignitor » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:59 pm

OH YEAH! Just picked my Z4 up from the dealers. I only had a few minutes until I had to get back to work but i managed a quick semi-thrash down the back lanes. It's soooo smooth. Very happy :D

PaulN

Post by PaulN » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Pic!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything Happens for a Reason!

14 TT Black Edition
07 Z4 2.0 SE Jet Black
06 Freelander Sport Java Black

Ignitor

Post by Ignitor » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:35 pm

PaulN wrote:Pic!!!!!!!!!!!!
heheheh, i knew someone would say that soon. I'll really try and get some done this weekend. Promise. :thumbsup:
BUT, i'll more than likely be too busy doing this... :driving: